Tick Indicator and EAs - page 14

Indicators based on tick charts?

Hi,

I have some ideas to share. I think, it is imposiible to win continuously with indicators based on candles. To eliminate discontinuety partially, indicators related with tick charts can be useful. Any idea?

Regards...

O.G.

Need Interpretation

I downloaded the indicator "Ticker Awesome Ocillator" (see chart). Works great but I can't seem to be able to interpret it's meaning. Can anyone tell me what bars above zero or below zero mean and why some are green and some red (buy/sell?)?

Thanks in advance.

Files:
07_14_09_v3.gif  29 kb

It is a cool idea ,thanks.

Alex.Piech.FinGeR:
hi,

a cool indicator

Tick_on_Chart i all TimeFrames :cool:

only Live Tick !!!

Hey, I'll be happy if you will help me and explain me how to attach this indicator into my chart, I downloaded it but I don't know how to use it for next step

tick chart

Store the data and write your own hst file. I set one one on my renko builder to one pip as shown in this image. It will not draw a one pip bar because Renko bars are not like that however same principle will work just write the o, l, h, c as the tick value. Then draw it as a line chart. Easy.

Files:
chf.jpg  111 kb

Trading Ticks

Hi,

Although there are a lot of different approaches to using tick data on Metatrader, I do not see much like my own approach and as such, I thought that maybe I should share some of what I have done. Perhaps someone out there may find this useful so, here goes...

The first problem with tick data is the display and to solve this, I created my own indicators.

Remember that this indicator is linked to the actual "quote" price (ask & bid) and not the history inside Metatrader.

As such, when started the screen will be black - it may take a "few minutes" for the required 200 ticks to come and fill the screen.

Few minutes...

On FXCM I typically have to wait around 2-3 minutes, on IBFX usually around 10-15 minutes and, truth is, these are where I have live accounts so, don't really know much about any other brokers.

Included, a screen copy, the price indicator and template files.

Just copy the indicator to the indicator folder, open a new chart, load the template and go have a cup of tea...

Files:
scrn2.jpg  36 kb
tickprice.mq4  3 kb
ticks2.tpl  1 kb

Thanks for this nice tick chart

Indicators

Some indicators for the tick data screen above

Volume and tick data

When it comes to volume, personally I think that really what I'd like to see is that single tick with some "substantial" volume behind it.

As such I actually maintain a volume count and compare this to actual price.

This seems to be a "fast" - leading - indicator but apart from that, I try to find only ticks that lead to a "large" price change and is "supported" by a "large" volume as well.

To be honest - this is part of my live trading systems so, any comments would be appreciated...

Files:

Screen copy

A screen copy of all the indicators I have posted (about tick data) on this thread.

Remember to use the template file.

Hope someone out there may find this useful in some way.

Files:
scrn3.jpg  119 kb
Reason: