How Many MT5 Instances Can I Run In Parallel With 2GB RAM?

Wanted to know if I need to upgrade my VPS with some extra RAM, thinking about running 4 x MT5 at same time.

At the moment running 2 without hickups.

What is the max MT5 instances we can run safely with 2GB?

Alberto Gauer Borrego: Wanted to know if I need to upgrade my VPS with some extra RAM, thinking about running 4 x MT5 at same time. At the moment running 2 without hickups. What is the max MT5 instances we can run safely with 2GB?

There is no way to answer that for you in an objective way.

It depends on how much resources are required based on how many charts you need open; how many EAs and Indicators are running at the same time; how much ram and cpu each indicator and EA consumes; etc.

Set-up one terminal with all your needs and see how much RAM and CPU it consumes, then multiple by 4 for an approximate value you will need.

Fernando Carreiro #:

There is no way to answer that for you in an objective way.

It depends on how much resources are required based on how many charts you need open; how many EAs and Indicators are running at the same time; how much ram and cpu each indicator and EA consumes; etc.

Set-up one terminal with all your needs and see how much RAM and CPU it consumes, then multiple by 4 for an approximate value you will need.

Good, gonna do that.

Nothing heavy, each instance will have 2 charts at most, with one EA on each. The EAs are very light on resources too.

I followed your tip and I can see that one instance with a couple of charts and one EA on each uses between 1 - 2% CPU and 110MB memory

So I can easily run way more than I wanted.

Alberto Gauer Borrego #: I followed your tip and I can see that one instance with a couple of charts and one EA on each uses between 1 - 2% CPU and 110MB memory. So I can easily run way more than I wanted.

And some extra to compensate for when the the EAs are actively trading (even if just monitoring trades) during news events which will cause the network traffic, the CPU and RAM to spike a bit.

Reason: