How can you continue using an old MT4 version? Is there posibility of blocking updates? Thanks

1031 version of MT4 attached.

can anyone tell me How can I block Updates?

I would like using old version.

thanks.

Files:
1031.zip  10110 kb

Carlos Herreras:

1031 version of MT4 attached.

can anyone tell me How can I block Updates?

I would like using old version.

thanks.

It's impossible,Otherwise you can use it as offline mode,no connection to the broker server.

1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. Carlos Herreras: 1031 version of MT4 attached.
    1031, you've got to be kidding.
    Support for MetaTrader 4 client terminal versions below 1065 will be discontinued on the 1st of October 2017. Unsupported terminal builds will not be able to connect to new server versions. We strongly recommend that you update your terminals in advance.
              Important Update for MetaTrader 4 build 1080 - MQL4 programming forum MetaQuotes Software Corp. 2017.05.10
    After 1 March 2019, MetaTrader 4 desktop terminal builds below 1118 … will no longer be supported.
              Support for older MetaTrader 4 Desktop and Android versions to end on March 1, 2019 - Android Trading Platform - MQL4 programming forum 2019.02.06

Yo can either overwrite the executable file with an older version or just write protect the folders it installs in your C: drive. I've been doint it for years and works perfect.

Pimpinela:
Yo can either overwrite the executable file with an older version or just write protect the folders it installs in your C: drive. I've been doint it for years and works perfect.

NOTE: Some brokers don't allow you to run too much older MT4 versions.

Can I ask you any reason why to keep an older version on production? (for my curiosity only) if you feel comfortable to answer. 

rrocchi:

NOTE: Some brokers don't allow you to run too much older MT4 versions.

Can I ask you any reason why to keep an older version on production? (for my curiosity only) if you feel comfortable to answer. 

Probably same reason why I am still using windows 7. Once a version is working very well for me and some tools are custom made for that version, I won't change either. Maybe OP is using some custom made indicators that does not require update.

dannydad:
Probably same reason why I am still using windows 7. Once a version is working very well for me and some tools are custom made for that version, I won't change either. Maybe OP is using some custom made indicators that does not require update.

Thanks

dannydad #: Probably same reason why I am still using windows 7.

Windows 7 extended support period begins in January 2020 when Windows 7 support ended officially, and it ends in January 2023 for good.
          New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1220 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26 (2020)

Reason: