What is Day Trading

computer software trading with banks and brokers

is a game that will let the biggie eventually win

you are placed in a big disadvantage and they use the recent pattern to lure you to make bad decision and points is deducted for such decision

pretty much like fishing, while you are the bait

As I have mentioned elsewhere, "Day Trading" doesn't really apply to Forex since markets are opened 24/24 from Sunday 17:00 EST to Friday 17:00 EST.

Happy trading,

Ms_Mel

Of course Mike likes to reference stories he can never actually prove.

But that's okay. MP's nickname is the story teller.

Sort of like that bum at the corner of your street who thinks he's bill gates.

mp6140:
enjoy and trade well mp

Day trading is not good. only positional trading works for me.

MP -- the return of wall eye, last of the . . . (someone supply the missing word)

Actually wall eye, shes entered in a well publicized contest in the forex world and doing rather well for someone who suffered a loss and GUESS WHAT -- shes NOT one of my students but a trader Ive known for years, so I GAIN NOTHING by relating her good fortune. (and i really want to know how she does it, btw !)

when you google for me, dont settle on the first thing you find and assume it to be me --- you HAVE to do more research than that !

but what the heck -- youre you and i see you love to jump on people for whatever may be your reasons, although i havent yet seen a good one except to protect your own agenda !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Walander:
Of course Mike likes to reference stories he can never actually prove.

But that's okay. MP's nickname is the story teller.

Sort of like that bum at the corner of your street who thinks he's bill gates.

MP -- even short term position traders can be daytraders by definition

well understood and "different strokes for different folks" which is why there are so many DIFFERENT trading styles.

all i was saying is that if it wasnt a typo, that I had ONE single thought on ONE single thing said by the poster who presented nothing but good advice.

for me, daytrading is wonderful, but to be honest, one can take a position on the 15 minute chart and usually be done and finished with the trade within a day, which technically makes them a "daytrader".

LOL

enjoy and trade well

mp

Kaka500:
Day trading is not good. only positional trading works for me.

I can't google without a name, but wait, you can't provide a name even though she's such a good friend you've known for a long time.

Right, MP, you make a whole lot of common sense.

mp6140:
Actually wall eye, shes entered in a well publicized contest in the forex world and doing rather well for someone who suffered a loss and GUESS WHAT -- shes NOT one of my students but a trader Ive known for years, so I GAIN NOTHING by relating her good fortune. (and i really want to know how she does it, btw !)

when you google for me, dont settle on the first thing you find and assume it to be me --- you HAVE to do more research than that !

but what the heck -- youre you and i see you love to jump on people for whatever may be your reasons, although i havent yet seen a good one except to protect your own agenda !

enjoy and trade well

mp

piglet he is...

Mike,

Why does everyone not care about your opinions here? I don't think your literate, because it seems I am not the only one replying to your replies with accusations that you're a fool.

Before spouting off your theological bullshit, why don't you head back, give your English teacher some under the desk service so maybe that you can learn to read yourself?

English is my first language- smelling bullshit is just a natural born talent for me.

Maybe I should presupposed your family bore you with the cows? Hence the heavy stench I smell a mile away.

mp6140:
I hadnt realized that english was not your first language wall eye and I apologize for using it, as it seems to confound you constantly --- perhaps if you told me your native language I might be better equipped to have a conversation with you.

Since i was referring to googling ME whom you found a first reference to be a story teller, and have continuously used that silliness ----- there are a few thousand google references to my name, which is shared by a few thousand others obviously --- NOW go find the right one.

As for the trader mentioned, she is simply a side bar mentioned as someone who appears to have learned how to trade rather solidly at this point and is mentioned for no other reason. Having mentioned her "en passant", there is NO reason for additional inforrmation as you will probably start pestering her as you do everyone else on this site.

Wall eye, why are you referred to as a "piglet" on this site ?

I would think, considering how you wish to chase off those who trade better than you, you would receive more respect than that !

anyway, I think this subject has been exhausted -- "day" trading (that takes place within one day of 24 or less hours) is a highly viable method of trading for those who enjoy it as is ANY and ALL other forms of trading including riding the daily for a year's trade --- ALL FORMS OF TRADING ARE HIGHLY VIABLE and it simply comes down to what you like and find yourself both good and comfortable with.

enjoy and trade well

mp

"An unfortunate truth of humans and crabs is that if they cannot do something, they will attempt to convince that you cannot do it either !"

MP -- someone teach wall eye to read please !

I hadnt realized that english was not your first language wall eye and I apologize for using it, as it seems to confound you constantly --- perhaps if you told me your native language I might be better equipped to have a conversation with you.

Since i was referring to googling ME, whom you found a reference to being a story teller, and have continuously used that silliness rather incorrectly, I simply wanted you to continue your research ----- there are a few thousand google references to my name, which is shared by at least few others obviously --- NOW go find the right one !

As for the trader mentioned, she is simply a side bar mentioned as someone who appears to have learned how to trade rather solidly at this point and is mentioned for no other reason. Having spoken of her "en passant", there is NO reason for additional inforrmation as you will probably start pestering her as you do everyone else on this site.

Wall eye, why are you referred to as a "piglet" on this site ?

I would think, considering how you wish to chase off those who trade better than you, you would receive more respect than that !

anyway, I think this subject has been exhausted -- "day" trading (that takes place within one day of 24 or less hours) is a highly viable method of trading for those who enjoy it as is ANY and ALL other forms of trading including riding the daily for a year's trade --- ALL FORMS OF TRADING ARE HIGHLY VIABLE and it simply comes down to what you like and find yourself both good and comfortable with.

enjoy and trade well

mp

"An unfortunate truth of humans and crabs is that if they cannot do something, they will attempt to convince that you cannot do it either !"

Walander:
I can't google without a name, but wait, you can't provide a name even though she's such a good friend you've known for a long time. Right, MP, you make a whole lot of common sense.
Reason: