Times wrong?

Hello, so I am from the UK so my time zone is GMT however when looking at the graphs that I have all my indicators on etc. The time is 3 hours late? And as it is sending me alerts to my phone i'm worrying if these will be hours late also? Is there anyway to change the time zone on metatrader?

dandrew79:
Hello, so I am from the UK so my time zone is GMT however when looking at the graphs that I have all my indicators on etc. The time is 3 hours late? And as it is sending me alerts to my phone i'm worrying if these will be hours late also? Is there anyway to change the time zone on metatrader?

No, you can't change the timezone on Metatrader. It is set by your broker.

Some brokers have different GMT offsets on different servers - you'll need to ask your broker.

How do I get in contact with them? As when I made an account on metatrader it would only let me choose one broker.

dandrew79:
How do I get in contact with them? As when I made an account on metatrader it would only let me choose one broker.

It sounds like you're using the MetaQuotes demo server. That isn't a real broker.

I suggest you choose a few brokers (we can't make any recommendations on the forum) and open a free demo account with them to see which you like.

honest_knave:

It sounds like you're using the MetaQuotes demo server. That isn't a real broker.

I suggest you choose a few brokers (we can't make any recommendations on the forum) and open a free demo account with them to see which you like.

Im using Halifax-DemoUK that was the only one on mt5 it would allow me to choose. 

dandrew79:

Im using Halifax-DemoUK that was the only one on mt5 it would allow me to choose. 

Use Google, you will find many brokers 

honest_knave:

Use Google, you will find many brokers 

Well I made an account with simplefx but wont allow me to sign in with it

HI I am very new, only days looking at forex.

Reading google results, forex time zones are set by the broker and usually NY time EST. Ok I get this so far.
Then many results say GMT +2 (or +3 for summer) , and this seems odd as NY time should be GMT -4 (or5)
Then I look at two example charts on my MT5. The latest times show...
M1 shows 14:31
H1 shows 12:00

My local time is 13:30 I am in Spain so GMT +1. Therefor H1 is correct but M1 not.
H1 is GMT. M1 is GMT +2 (attached a screen grab)
Each chart seems to show confusing times when I change them.
Why is this? What am I doing wrong?

Look forward to your answers

Files:
times.jpg  401 kb

Zenithtrading:

HI I am very new, only days looking at forex.

Reading google results, forex time zones are set by the broker and usually NY time EST. Ok I get this so far.
Then many results say GMT +2 (or +3 for summer) , and this seems odd as NY time should be GMT -4 (or5)
Then I look at two example charts on my MT5. The latest times show...
M1 shows 14:31
H1 shows 12:00

My local time is 13:30 I am in Spain so GMT +1. Therefor H1 is correct but M1 not.
H1 is GMT. M1 is GMT +2 (attached a screen grab)
Each chart seems to show confusing times when I change them.
Why is this? What am I doing wrong?

Look forward to your answers

Ask your broker.
Reason: