MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 856

I'm drawing objects on my chart and using the UninitializeReason case REASON_REMOVE. If I close the MetaTrader platform, the objects are deleted - even though the expert or indicator was left attached to the chart. Is this a bug or is this normal behaviour? One would think this wouldn't happen....
[Deleted]
During calculation of risk I need to know the point value in deposit currency. So since MODE_POINT value is in quote currency I need to convert quote currency to deposit currency. If I want to do this for any possible deposit currency, what would be the best way? Do I need to write a custom function...
Hi all, When optimizing to find the best settings a usually go for a combination of the best profit factor, lowest draw down and largest profit. However this can lead to confusion as many many results have good combinations and I end up with too many to choose from. What I am looking to do is narrow...
Hi! I made a simple internal trailing stop that doesnt work... I don't want to officially include a stoploss in the order cause they don't allow stoploss below 200points... Here's my unworking script: //Trailing Stop int TrailingStop() {double Trailing; for (int C = 0; C < Total; C ++)...
I am using 3x variations of my EA across 15+ pairs. On version_2 of my EA, I am getting an error of 4051 (as I have recently placed all my prints back in - don't know why I greyed them out in the first place :P) I'm guessing it's because of the number of lots that are currently open can not be...
Dear,,, Whu Sony Xperia Z Ultra can not support for MT4? its quite weird..
  New Forex  (187   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
I get the idea that Forex is not a market at all, because market laws do not apply here. In a real market, when you sell a product at a low price, you sell a lot, but the profit will be less, i.e. there is a first break-even point. An attempt to increase the price leads to a decrease in sales and
vertical trendline is eating up, tail and head part of candles when the line is applied to the specific candle. I cannot see either where is the end of tail nor the end of head. Any idea how to cope this better way?
[Deleted]
  Bug report for MQL Build 509  (15   1 2)
Where can I find the bug report items for Build 509? SetIndexDrawBegin used along with SetIndexStyle does not seem to limit the indi line displayed beyond the max no of bars specified, e.g., SetIndexDrawBegin (i, maxBars) where maxBars= 20 and i is 0 to 7 for currency buffers. Strangely...
There are Fibo. Pivot lines. But it shows from left to right of full length of window. (1) What I want is these lines to be displayed only from today to the rightest. How can I change this? (2) I want to color between R1 and R2, S1 and S2. Rectangle in Color. How can I do this? Thanks in advance ~...
From now, previous 4H's High price and low price to be shown in 1H continuously.previous day High price and low price to be shown in 4H continuously.previous week high price and low price to be shown in D1 continuously.previous month high price and low price to be shown in W1 continuously. These...
Hello I am getting invalid lots amount for OrderSend function. on a Demo account but not on a back test. Could someone please have a look at the code and point me in the right direction as to where I might have gone wrong. extern double TakeProfit = 40.0; extern double Lots = 0.3; extern double...
Pls i need an advice on best possible reason why trade are not copying to my mt4 trading platform, i trade on a mini account(EURUSDm) i have subscribe to a signal provider on a real account, connected successfully but cant copy trade this error message i get ( Signal - symbol EURUSD not found) I...
Hello to everybody. I have a question . how an EA knows if there is an opened position? I have searched for this issue in the site but I didn't find nothing about it. I'm developing an EA that works only with market orders because I want be sure that the trade will be take place. But sometimes, for...
Hi, what is the best way for managing timezones eg to consistently get iOpen(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,0) for GMT. I think this is a big design error in the MQL4 history/charting.. sending date information with variable timezones, and no way to query the timezone the broker is using? Is this why people...
Hi I am trying to write a custom indicator. The custom indicator draws a single line between highs of some candles and lows of other candles. However sometimes the line needs to join the low and the high of the same candle. As far as I can see, this cannot be done using a buffer as that appears to...
Hi, Im currently using this formula to get the lot size: ThisLot = NormalizeDouble(( (MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)  * ( (TakeProfit + SPREAD())*Ponto(Symbol()) ) ) / MathAbs(EPTotalBuyProfit) ),lotDigits) ; Function Ponto() double Ponto(string symbol) {        if (StringFind(symbol,"JPY")...
  Silver and Gold mystery  (13   1 2)
Hi: I'm trying to set my EA up to accommodate more than currencies. Instruments like Gold, Silver, Oil, and some Indices like S&P500, etc. I started off with Gold and Silver but ran into trouble due to broker differences in Contract Sizes and Price Quote differences (2 digits after the point vs 3...
prices ~ time graphes are not arawed in un-linear and un-uniform . This happens in all graphes!! So also when graphes drawing in o ther sacle mode. What is wrong? plear check the three bars in graph, their time mark is 2013.09.24 04:50;04:45;04:30; not in 5 minutes intercal ! And pleace check the
Здравствуйте! Нужна помощь! Возможно ли создать индикатор следующего характера: - подсчёт тиков по этому принципу https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9915 - это уже половина индикатора .... Но доработать следующим образом и изобразить его графически со следующими параметрами: Помогите, для кого плёвое...
How do I change the volume of transactions I get from my "signal" automatic in MT4?I always win 0.001
New article EA Status SMS Notifications has been published: Developing a system of SMS notifications that informs you of the status of your EA so that you are always aware of any critical situation, wherever you may be. My work often interferes with my ability to continuously monitor the terminal....
[Deleted]
What is the most efficient way to test a custom indicator? The only way i know is to attach it to active charts and waiting for it to work. Any suggestion would be great.
[Deleted]
It's strategy is to open orders when there are moving average orders "SMA10-SMA20-SMA50-SMA100-SMA200"either from bottom up or the opposite,and close the order when there is a SMA10-SMA20 cross contrary to the trade direction. But when I put it into MT4,it didn't open orders when the Moving Average
[Deleted]
I wrote the first simplest EA as below. When I attach it to the chart window, I see the alert for init and I see the alert of deinit when I remove it. But I never get any alerts from the start function. What am I doing wrong? int Count=0;...
[Deleted]
  == operation  (22   1 2 3)
Is it accurate to use the == operation to compare two doubles? For example, the average value ( Moving Average ) and the Open value of the Bar
hi I have an ea that sends a 2 pending orders. I cannot modify the ea but would like a delay of 30 seconds between the two orders. the only way i have been able to do this so far is to have two charts open one for buy and one for sell and change the GMT off sett for one. unfortunately this means the...
  403 error.  (3)
I can not access my account MQL5. This 403 error.