MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 747

Hi, I have to send and will receive ASCII - code from/to the other side of a named pipe. Here https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/io_constants/codepageusage I found lots of encodings - but which one is the old fashioned ASCII ? Thanks in advance, Gooly
Dear Traders , Please help me to call this indicator in to an Other Custom indicator I create, some problems I face now, iCustom(Symbol(),0,"FractalZigZagNoRepaint",ZZDepth,ZZDev,0,i) '0' Buffer For BUYiCustom(Symbol(),0,"FractalZigZagNoRepaint",ZZDepth,ZZDev,1,i) '1' Buffer For SELL I have Added...
Mind some discussion on the MT4 terminal features? Let's help MetaQuotes! They made an impressive progress on build 600 but still what boils your blood? My evaporates when cursor loses control of an cought object, eg. vertical line, when moving outside the chart. Instead, the whole chart is flying...
Hi, as fas I remember that functions that are not used by the e..g. EA are not included by the compiler and I could see the compiler-message, which functions has been eliminated. Now I don't see those messages any more. But is it still true that 'useless' functions are 'ignored' by the compiler?...
  please help assistance  (13   1 2)
please my broker changed their order symbol to ERU/USDX or GBP/USDX and my ea can not trade again please can someone tell me which line of code to change to get it working again.please i really needed it urgently.thanks
Problem – Object Search Time I refer to my previous post titled Feature Request - Access Global Variables By Index. There is also a similar search time problem with objectfunctions which use an object name to locate an object on a chart. EA creates, modifies and deletes a significant number of chart...
Hello, ever since upgrading to build 600+ and the new editor, I've been experiencing horrible delays when coding. Previously it worked just fine, but now when I'm typing in the editor there will be a delay of up to 30 seconds before what I typed actually appears. The odd part is that it seems to be...
[Deleted]
I am new to working with mql4 and I have ran into a small issue that I am not able to get fixed! As I use the code before every time it try to sell it gives me the error #130 which means invalid stoploss . But I don't understand what is wrong with the code to cause that. [code] extern double
[Deleted]
  EA not working  (2)
Hello lads, could somebody help me? I am totally novice with this. I am just trying with tester this code and it is not working 100%, not every possible trade is executed. (I hope u can see, that I want to buy/sell when current price reaches min/max). Should I write some other conditions or...
can i follow a mt5 signail on my mt4?
Hello all, I am using the following pivot point technical indicator (mql file attached) which is working fine but problem is that it is showing S/R level line's labels all over the chart which is creating difficulties in reading price action. i tried to manually delete the text labels but they show...
[Deleted]
He everyone, sorry my english. I have this problem. My idea what do I want do: On first graph (ex. TF H1) I choose some bar and I want automatically move second graph (ex. TF M5). Second graph is moving that I would like seing time range H1 from first graph. I am choosing bar on first graph my own...
I suspected that when the value of H=C, O=L or C=O happen in the below equation, the "Zero Divide" error will trigger. But how can I rectify the coding? Anyone care to assist? Thanks and appreciate much.    double upbar_upwickvol=((High[a]-Close[a])/avgvol);double...
[Deleted]
Hi peeps, I'm a bit confused as I've had an EA ( Drag SLTP ) working before which let me drag SLs and TPs by mouse without needing manual confirmation. Previously I disabled manual confirmation by unchecking it in Tools/Options and in the Properties of the EA...however Ive recently got a new PC...
I'd like to be able to see my entry, exit, and profit/loss angle line on my chart after setting up a manual trade, like I do when using an EA.  I hate setting up a trade, then having to shuffle through the account balance to analyze it. Is there an option for having these graphics printed on screen...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to suspend pending orders temporarily in MT4?  Eg. There is a news event that I want to avoid due to it's effects on the market, but I have dozens of pending orders set, which I would rather not cancel & have to re-set after the event has passed. If I could just "suspend" them from...
I don't have this error previously but suddenly this "Array out of range" appear when I tried to execute the EA. Somehow, it's not giving any error during compiling in MetaEditor so far. Thanks. for (int a = 0; a < ArraySize(Pairs); a++)    {        string     CurrentPair = Pairs[a];        double...
Hi guys, I have almost never used the strategy tester and so I have some problems with testing a trailing-stop I just coded. I chose a pair, a timeframe and the dates from yesterday until today. I saw the chart opened and the first bars were printed. That's something I have seen before when testing...
I have defined an external variable as follows: extern bool Level = false; During program execution I need to change "Level" from false to true so I open the properties window and change it. No problem. Then I go away and leave the program running and whilst I am away certain things happen which...
Problem – GlobalVariable Search Time The time required for searches of global variables is atleast an order of magnitude slower than accessing variables through an array.Testing has shown it to be at least 40 times faster to directly read from adouble data type array of global variable values than...
[Deleted]
Hi, i am creating my own Ea, i don't know of programming, so i contracted a programmer to help me. I am developing my Ea in the way i see what is doing for me. But i need to make some changes, maybe can somebody help me? What the Ea does: - Its a grid Ea, works with pending orders - it opens a buy...
hello ;  i want to get list of all receiving quotes symbols programatiaclly..Can i do this?
Is there an easy way to write a script to list out all of the symbols available to MT4 for that broker?
Hi, I have the following code for a oneshot timer: int OnInit(){   if (EventSetTimer(3) == false) {      int lastError = GetLastError();      Print("Timer init Failed: ", ErrorDescription(lastError));   }   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);}void OnTimer(){   Print("Handling Timer");   EventKillTimer();} I get...
  MT4 very slow  (2)
I use 2 computers for live trading the EURUSD As volumes were high last hour, MT4 on one of the computers was very slow and MT4 on the other  had no problem. I restarted the computer but there was no difference.  Wat can cause this slowing down? Both computers have the same internet connection,...
Hello every one, i am modifying an existing indicator according my way of trading. And i want the arrow (in fact point) drawn just one time, not on each candle until the next reversal signal. Can anyone help me ? Regards. Here is the code...
Hi, just wondering is it possible to divide my source code - which is getting quite big - into separate files and include it to main *.mq4. But of course I need access from main *.mq4 to variables and functions in other files?
Hi When trying do backtest my EA, MT4 600 b646 start crashing. Sometime imediatly afetr frist interaction. The EA does well under prior builds. I've alredy compile under 509, and run on 646, fails. Also have attached the EA on a EURUSD  window and fails again Can someone give me an hint. Regards...
[Deleted]
when opening the expert properties window, to enter input parameters for the expert, there is no "OK"/"Cancel" buttons. I see only the "reset" button. it happens both: 1. on the pop-up window when trying to assign expert to a graph, 2. on the strategy analysis pop-up window when setting...
  403 Error!  (2)
HI everybody! I was surfin mql5.com and mql4.com normally and all of a sudden I get the 403 error. Now I cannot access to mql5.com at all and mql4.com is almost limited. Luckily the forum works... Please help!