MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 291

I have a single demo from Oanda running on MT4, but would like to add more. It used to be that while installing MT4 you could choose a different Installation Folder and Program Name during the installation process. However, the current installation file for MT4 no longer shows the screen that
Why does NAS keep freezing on the 5M and the 15M? It's happened several times over the past week or so. I'm on MT4 and FXChoice. Any help would be appreciated
Hi guys, I've found this video about how to code moving average crossover. I want to know why it needs the previous candle crossover (lastSlowMovingAv erage and lastFastMovingAverage variable in the video) to make the code works
Hi All , My EA attached opens multiple trades on a single pair. I attach it on many pairs at once with different magic numbers, but i notice that is always open multiple trades on some pairs. I expect it to only open one trade per pair symbol. Any help will be greatly appreciated
  text for arrow  (2)
hi how i can put a text for arrow in mql4 like in custom indicator like the picture
  is this true?  (4)
is this true ? Open[0]==close[1]
i want to calculate the orders number that was opened and close in last 24 hours ,and write the code below ,but ,it seems not work .
  trade only one time a day  (18   1 2)
I have written a breakthrough EA,after a month test,I found that sometimes it loses several times within a day. Therefore,I want to revise my EA,to make it trade only one time a day.Could anyone show me how to realize that?Thanks
  Is this Normal?  (17   1 2)
Never experienced such before. Say we have 2 mt4 indicators both custom indicators. Then you use iCustom in indicator 2 to fetch some values from indicator one for calculations in some function. Issue is when I attach indicator 2 to the chart it seems to plot indicator 1 with all its buffers and
Hello, I subscibed to a VPS to automatically copy the trades of a signals but since more than 1 week no trades are copied. In the history of the signal, I saw that trades have been done but nothing in my account. I checked parameters and everything seems ok, can someone help me? Thank you in advance
I have a few functions inside void OnTick() {} that run on every tick and draw/update data on the chart. All of them work except this one: void drawVLine() { string name = "VLine" ; if ( ObjectFind (name) != - 1 ) { ObjectDelete (name);} ObjectCreate (name, OBJ_VLINE , 0 , 5 , 0 );
Should I be using shift 0 and 1 or 1 and 2
Hello, good day to you all.. this indicator have 4 timeframes.. tried to add 5 more timeframes but my mt4 froze i dont know why it froze is something wrong with my code //------------------------------------------------------------------#property copyright "mladen"#property link
Hi, I'm trying to code (mql4) a change of direction on the ATR as part of the conditions to enter a trade. Could someone please point me in the right direction ? TIA
Hi, I am struggling to find out what might be wrong with my webrequest and the reason why there is no post data. string cookie= NULL , headers; char post[], result[]; string url = "url_to_a_server" ; StringToCharArray ( "some_info" , post); Print ( "post: "
Hello masters, I had a degree in Math and Statics. I finished a couple of computer programming course back in the university, so I have a basic understanding of stuff like for, while ... etc. I have a passion in Forex trading and been trading for many years. I want to start learning MT4 programming
I am trying to create an expert that imports an external DLL to connect to PostgreSQL or MS SQL Server Express. I found a library from SQLAPI++ that allows one to connect to any database; however, I can't get it to compile for the life of me. Can someone help me with the syntax (its currently more
I know there is a way to programmatically login to mt4 account using an EA, but what about adding a trading server (by trading server, I mean the server address, the third input field of the mt4 login popup window.) if there is no way to add new server address then maybe refreshing the current
I'm running MT4 and using MQL4. I need to access the price values at the bar thats at the Fixed Chart Position. CHART_FIXED_POSITION seems to be a place to start but thats a percentage of the screen. I need the bar offset (FixedChartBar) so that I can enter it in one of the pricing functions like
This is one of the most common errors I see, probably due in part to the likes of garbage such as Expert Advisor Builder. So I thought it was time for a thread dedicated to the subject so that it can be linked to for future reference. The Problem Let's take a simple example; we want a function to
I got 4 warning messages in variables. I want extern for Time into object rectangle Here code: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| squarecomment.mq4 | //| Copyright 2020, MetaQuotes Software
hello All , need help : how to separate the HLINE showing in one indicator? one group line is only for AUDUSD and one group is only for AUDJPY Thank you in advance best regards //this HLINE from here is only showing for AUDUSD
Hi, I would like to call functions of a class that come from c# dll in my mql4 program. I have a c# UI and the dll passes data from the UI to metatrader and vice versa. I read some articles from 2007 and 2013 that this is not possible and that I need a c++ wrapper. Since a lot of time has passed
hi guys i try to compare the time frame for exclude 3 type of time frame but not work i tryed also with use a second like but nothing , whats wrong ? sinput ENUM_TIMEFRAMES TimeFrameChoice= PERIOD_CURRENT ; // Timeframe void OnInit () { Print ( "il periodo e questo " +TimeFrameChoice); if ((
  Orders using EA  (4)
I have a EA and I can run it on multiple charts. But I want only one order is opened at a time and until that order is closed, I don't want any new orders. Can anyone help me with this in Mt 4 platform ? Thank You in advanced!!!! Please Please Please
I've make a custom indicator, and for some reason the output is different when I am using it in the strategy tester than it is when I just drop it onto a chart. I'm attaching a screenshot showing the indicator twice in the same window. The top one is what I got when using the strategy tester (visual
  Heiken Ashi  (4)
Hi, I have been reading about the indicator and confused as how to call the indicator correctly. I have seen the first instance (below) but not sure the significance of the colors The second statement appears to work fine (i is the shift). Heiken Ashi is the spelling I use and reflect the indicator
Hello. I will ask for help. Why this script does not place orders. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Poziom i spadek.mq4 | //| Copyright 2019, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|
  Coding help  (2)
Hi there, i have created EA but some reason it is now opening any trade, any suggestion? how to sort this out? I have attached EA and indicator
Dear all, I am unable to get the iMAOnArray work as it's always returning either 0.0 or out of range on me. Does anyone know why the codes as per screenshot below always have 0.0 output