MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 216

The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on Thursday , December 10, 2020. This version provides error fixes and platform stability improvements. In particular, the update fixes an error in the optimization of data connections between client terminals and brokers' data centers. The new build
Hi, I have 2 MT4 real accounts at the same broker (ICM) and 2 EA. I want to run one EA on one account and the 2nd for the 2nd account. I've notice that they doesn't work separately. The EA's are overlapping when I switch the accounts. There is a way to manage this? Thanks
  The FLET formula  (322   1 2 3 4 5 ... 32 33)
How do you programmatically define a flat
Hi experts, Im a newie in terms of programming in MQL and I have an EA in where I want ONLY to open orders in OPEN PRICE since my strategy would require this. Is there any procedure or mql part of code that I can use for this target?, or maybe some topics about functions? Thanks a lot for your help....
[Deleted]
Hello, Sorry if this is a silly question but I really am confused with the time on my chart (candles) and on the Marketwatch. If it is 7:45 am in London, and 16:45 in Brisbane Australia, my clock says in MetaTrader has 8:45 .. Does anyone know where this is set.. I imagine it is the server but then...
I am looking for Volatility stop indicator in ex4 format for Mt4. Any help I will appreciate
Hello. Kan anyone tell me why my mt4 app on my desktop changes to Demo charts and the wrong dates as soon as I open my live account. The charts are current and correct, in the demo mode, when I open the app but they change when I switch to my live account. Hope someone can tell me why. Thanks in
Hello, I just wanted to ask if anyone has the solution to my problem. I have an EA that I set the time to enter the first trade in the morning. When I adjust the EA when all trades are out in the evening, then it happens sometimes that the trade will not enter in the morning. What I have to do is
I’m very good with tech usually I’m a millennial and I can’t figure out how to actually purchase a product on here. I also have no clue how to login using meta trader 4 or 5. I’m looking all over. I’m trying. To spend money but cannot. How do I do this
Hello! I've been reading some great articles to build GUIs on MT5, such as this one: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/7892 Can someone point me out to some similar articles building GUIs for MT4? I've been searching for several hours and haven't managed to find one. -Fernando
I have recently coded a convergence/ divergence Algo that is pulling variable data from different timeframes for potential trade analysis. The compiled code produces no errors and runs in the Strategy tester, however nothing is returned in terms of print outs and orders. Can someone tell me where I
  for  (12   1 2)
double resulttotal; double resultaverage; int totalbar = 10 ; for ( int x = 1 ; x <= totalbar; x++) {resulttotal = resulttotal + iClose ( NULL , 0 , x); } resultaverage = resulttotal / totalbar; how the MT4 distinguish between the "resultTotal" before the = as a new total that will have a new value
Dear Guys, I need help to allow EA to disable automatic trading after closing a trade and enable automatic trading at a specified time. The EA should be able to monitor the trade terminal and once all trade are closed and no trade is open the EA disable the auto trade and wait for a specified time
Hi fellows, any way to get the values from the pitchfork or do i have to calculate the fork myself? Using normal ObjectGetValueByShift() returns 0, getLastError says 4205, but the fork is drawn correctly, so i assume coordinates are ok. I also made sure that only values after the beginning of the...
Hello, I have an encrpyted .ex4 indicator that is for buy/sell signals . I'm wanting to be able to put that into an EA to open and close trades based on my rules for opening a trade. Is it at all possible to do if the .ex4 is encrypted? Thank you in advance for any help
Hi,     I have recently down loaded MT4 (Version 4.00 Build 1170 - 20 Dec 2018) The indicators on the platform from Accelerator to ZigZag will not load onto the chart? Also, all indicators I download as an .mq4 will not load onto the charts where as indicators ending in .ex4 will load?? All...
I have develop 5 Expert robot, and this one is good one, but need your help. I have develop expert base on bars patterns. following tutorial : https://www.tradingsetupsreview.com/10-price-action-bar-patterns-must-know/ Now some patterns return good result, but some return always in lose... Pattern
The documentation my MQL4 seems to not be very clear on this: how does my EA get data from my custom technical indicator? Is there an example? I have been making good progress writing my EA and writing my indicator, but I just completely hit a wall when it comes to the EA accessing the buy/sell
unfortunately I have not found yet the right way how to do this but at least i found a detour if anyone has a direct way to do that i would be grateful the way i found is by forcing the terminal to save the data through opening the folder that contains the log files #include <WinUser32.mqh>#import...
Hi... sort of a double post, sorry for that, but this is eaiser I think. I am getting the "Failed to register messages receiving service. .." on my android galaxy s4 I have an active google account I used the app some months ago and it worked since then I changed google accounts Have since...
Everything seems fine. But EA usually opens multiple trades in the same second... The way I built it is very linear and i can't seem to spot the logical mistake. It is basically a random martingale EA to test stuff out. Any indicator (that's why I called it random, haven't decided myself) can be put
Hi, I been using hotkeys to buy/sell X amount of lots with scripts and using a "Close All" script to close an entire position of multiple orders. But what if I want to close only 1 order at a time? I found this topic to close the oldest 5 orders but it seems incomplete and part of the codes used
void EnterOppositeTrade() { tradeNumber= 1 ; string cmt = ( string )tradeNumber+ " " ; //Print("Entering Opposite Trade",cmt); // Comment from CHART double SL= Bid+(StopLoss*pips); //double Stoploss= NormalizeDouble(Sl,Digits); double price =Bid; double Pt=
  100pips momentum  (21   1 2 3)
Hi all, Any body know about this indi? I need the mq4 version. Thanks, anton
I have an EA running on more than a dozen pairs. Every time I edit the code, I have to manually switch to each chart and manually reload the EA because the new code won't go into effect automatically. A real pain. That also applies to templates. Even if I reload a template after the code has been
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| ema 50 200 ATR.mq4 | //| Copyright 2021, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //| https://www.mql5.com | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+
  Custom indicator help  (11   1 2)
I have been trying to add a custom BB_PRC-1 indicator in my Ea, it gets displayed but the values of the lines are empty. Indicator works fine, and displays correct values in data window. But when i try to get values with iCustom i get 0 or EMPTY values for both lines... can you help me? My code is
I'm very new to coding, and would really appreciate an answer. I'm learning how to send orders to the platform. When I run the code below on my FXCM demo account, it works perfectly. When I run it on my IG demo account, I get a 130 error. I've tried changing the TP and SL many times and it doesn't
  Charts Will Not Move  (18   1 2)
Hello, my charts on mt4 will not move. It stays on the current date and previous dates. Is anyone able to assist? I have had this problem since I downloaded the app and opened the demo acct. I try everyday and still nothing
Does anyone understand and can explain about the lag or delay when copying orders .. I did copy trading using EA .. when EA gets an order from the master account there will be a 3-15 minute delay ..but when the master account closes each order it will be followed or copied without delay.. is there a