MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 785

Hello, I want to program an EA to do trading for me. A problem is that I don't know all the possible trading actions needed. I wonder if there a starter MQ4 source file that already has the needed code in it, like, BUY, SELL, CLOSE and trailing stops and others I don't know about. I like lots of...
[Deleted]
hello, i m trying to get fibo level value, the ea compile well but don't give any signals : void sellalert(){    double Fib0.236 = ObjectGet("Fibo",OBJPROP_PRICE2) + ((ObjectGet("Fibo",OBJPROP_PRICE1) - ObjectGet("Fibo",OBJPROP_PRICE2))*0.236);    double Fib0.618 = ObjectGet("Fibo"...
I have some code to break even when price reaches a particular point but I keep getting OrderModify Error 1 in the journal. The code works absolutely fine and does its job of break even at the correct point, I just keep getting the error clogging up the journal after that happens.       for (int...
Hi I just saw this: 2014.03.05 10:48:42.351 xN GBPUSD,M1: Invalid license in the expert tab. xN is running in VisualMode in the start-Tester?? Login-Account = Metaquotes, mt4 = b610? Gooly
Hi again, You really spent thousands of my day today!! I am logged in at MetaQuotes-New MT4 Test - MetaQuotes Software Corp. to backtest with tickdata (Tickstroy-Lite) not to get confused with the different fxt- and history files. Up to yesterday evening everything was ok! But at 07:00 this morning...
Even the day before yesterday, this EA was working fine. It was taking orders, modifying Stop Losses (Trailing Stops) on multiple pairs accordingly. Suddenly yesterday I saw that 'Invalid Stops' error was showing while it was trying to open 'Buy' order at EURJPY and after failing it was opening a...
I upload MT4 from 509 to 600, when I open MetaEditor all of navigator searching function was gone... It's ok, I belieave using F1 key to find what I want will be fine... But...from now it's problem, F1 not working, no action, no new window like other one said. I only got that small uploading notice...
[Deleted]
Hello to all. Before the release of new MT4 build 600, I was able to import some system function (kernel32.dll) to read/write file out of sandbox, using WinFiles.mhq library found in this community. With new build I had to update the library to use unicode version of this function library,...
Hi support I sign that on build 614 if I include function with property #include, when I remove indicator or expert from chart, tha platform crash. I I copy the code of function directly in to the code of indicator or expert, all work well genio
I feel that you have been something done for better, because my compiler 610 now compile and improve my Expert Advisors and Indicators that are written in the previous version of MetaEditor (Build 509). Am I right?
Hi Does anyone know if there is any EA we can use in strategy tester to measure the currency pair's volatility? Say, i back test this ea using data from 2010 - 2011 and then compare with the result of 2011-2012 and i can see the volatility has increased. Or is there such a website that i can check...
To AVOID being asked for the admin.-pwd I installed as user mt4 (b610) in my own folders: .. Documets\mt4\mt1\.. Now if I want to start it ("/portable"-mode) I am again and again asked for the admin.-pwd. The details tell me the ...AppData\... /updateadmin requires this pwd - I can't see more in the...
I am using TickStory Lite to create fxt File and if a backtest is started I get this with the red arror shield: 2014.03.05 10:12:11.564 TestGenerator: actual tick file "..\Documents\MT4\mt2\tester\history\GBPUSD1_0.fxt" found Has this visually be marked as error? Gooly
Anyone know how to create functions where you can skip parameters in the call, that dont need to be changed, something like: myfunction(1,2,,,5)//asuming the skipped function parameters are already intitialized ... void myfucntion(int param1=1, int param2=2, int param3=3, int param4=4, int...
[Deleted]
Hi guys. Im not a programer but i managed to do this script from several other scripts, so excuse me if something looks weird or nonesense. I thought I had finally nailed to program a quick and helpful script for a hedging strategy. Although its not very trustworthy. When i go ahead and drag it...
I need to compare Bid prize with Moving Avarage. This is need to open a position. 1feltetelLong=1CriteriaLong. This is an INT number, and it will be =0 when a position is opened
I have compiled the code & got 6 warning but no error. I even don't know how to fix those error. Please see the attachment. The code too long to post. Thanks!
[Deleted]
I wite code       double price_Open = iOpen(Symbol(),0,1);      double point = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT);            if (  Ask > price_Open   )        {             OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY, B_lot, Ask, 0, Ask-B_SL*point, Ask+B_TP*point,"BUY one ",MagicNumber,0, Green);       } it is...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I copy my indicator from one PC to the other and this notice shows up even though it works fine with the first PC. "possible loss of data due to type conversion" Also it take long time for the MT4 to upload the old indicator. I notice the different of MQL4 wizard when I open it. Is that...
Hi! It's been 3 years since I saw MQL for the last time so I forgot a lot of stuff. I need some help with my EA. I want to use EA only for giving me signals (not buying/selling, only signals). And I want to use two indicators: Momentum and ZigZag, can someone please tell me how should I "attach"...
Looking for a little guidance here. Hopefully just a simple Q&A I need multiple instances of MT4 running simultaneously for testing and development of differing EA's. My original install was to the standard program files directory. That installation stored my EA"s in...
[Deleted]
I have a need to retrieve the last 5 ZigZag swing prices & times for multiple iterations of ZigZag Depth. With an eye to efficiency, what is the best mode of attack for this? 1. iCustom call 2. Incorporate ZigZag into the indicator as a function 3. Makes no difference between 1 and 2 4. Something...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to keep in the spirit of the new build using low / high / open / close etc rather than Low / High / Open / Close etc. However, because these are declared in OnCalculate I can't access them directly in functions. So what am I missing? Should I continue to use Low / High / Open / Close...
Good afternoon. When I hit the "start" button in the "test strategies" function , Mt4, is not testing the strategy. Does anyone know why this? The code is correct (I also tried with two EAs that come with MT4). I also made ​​sure I have historical data for selected period. Nothing happens. Does...
I just created a default EA template via the wizard and added/removed nothing from the code. When I attach this empty EA to a chart, the option to "Allow DLL imports " is greyed out and cannot be changed by the user. Can someone tell me why this is happening and how to re-enable the option to
I have tested out two indicators, moving averages and RVI with live trading and the strategy tester. They seem to differ evetime. I cant seem to backtest and get perfect matching to calculate my winning strategy I have two screenshots attached of live chart and a strategy tester chart. Its off by a...
I noticed that this is no longer present in the current mql4 documentation so I though I would add the "old" documentation here for future reference . . . ConstantValueDescriptionERR_NO_ERROR0Trade operation succeeded.ERR_NO_RESULT1OrderModify attempts to replace the values already set with the same...
  timing code  (8)
How do I write a code to prevent a trade between a certain time span? Example: I want to enter the time of a certain news announcement. (Daily Fx lists announcement times in GMT... I think) My broker is GMT + 2 hours. And I am in Mountain Time Zone in USA. So, I would like to input the date of the
Hi, If you're here, you may need help using OrderSelect() in your EA, right? Add this custom function to your EA and when called upon, it will return the count of that EA's orders. As you know, OrdersTotal() will return the total numbers of orders not just the ones place by a particular ea. So,...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how to do this?