MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1332

Hi, Is possibility to call script under Expert Advisor ? If YES, then what expression should I use to call the script file from mql editor on expert advisor code ? Regards, Puncher
[Deleted]
Hello, I am trying to calculate a VWAP indicator where the averaging period increases as time elapses from the start of the trading day. Right now, however, I can only design an indicator that calculates VWAP using a fixed period. In general, VWAP is calculated as: SUM(PiQi) / SUM(Qi) Where Pi is...
  zero devide  (8)
Hi, I am new to mql4 and I am trying to set up an ea. The problem is that the error zero devide keeps coming up in my experts tab and when i run a test there is a huge list with this error while trades were also made. From what I have read here on this forum the reason must be a division by zero...
[Deleted]
(EUR/USD) Pivot = 1.35916 Projected High 1.36615 Projected Low 1.35115 R1 1.36452 S1 1.35481 R2 1.36887 S2 1.34945 R3 1.37322 S3 1.34510 (U.S./JPY) Pivot = 89.98 Projected High 90.51 Projected Low 89.45 R1 90.32 S1 89.53 R2 90.67 S2 89.29 R3 91.02 S3 88.94 (GBP/USD) Pivot = 1.50004 Projected High
Hi I have an indicator for moving average and I want to create an expert adviser with it myself but I need help on how to find the price of the 3rd candle along (this can change depending on what the user inputs) and the candle just closed and then minus each other and compare the result if this
[Deleted]
dear MT4 traders, If you have read this already, I apologise for taking up space, I really do need this EA. I thought of a trading stratergy some time ago that is really simplistic and very effective (nearly), I have used it quite alot on demo, and...
Hello Now this will not be new but has anyone coded an EA to use multiple MA crosses instead of the single cross e.g 5ma cross 8ma scalper 20ma cross 50ma short term 100ma cross 200ma medium term 250ma cross 450ma long term Each of the above crosses are in the one EA and have seperate entry and exit...
Dear MQ4 Coder Kindly need your help Trying many time with difference approaching, develop my EA with condition: 1 buy and sell in a cycle of trend, but so far getting failed. My EA Logic: 1. First time activate the EA, EA will OP BUY and SELL based on signal. 2. After order closed by hit TP or SL
[Deleted]
Is there a function that tells what minimum stop loss is allowed by broker? Thank you.
[Deleted]
dear traders, I want %100 accurate back testing, if not well over %90? i herd today that the ticks are guessed and not real, are there any stratergy testers out there that provide real ticks? or maybey if i get the right historical data? have any of you made and backtested a profitable EA and it...
[Deleted]
(EUR/USD) Pivot = 1.36478 Projected High 1.37306 Projected Low 1.35793 R1 1.36896 S1 1.35916 R2 1.37458 S2 1.35498 R3 1.38020 S3 1.34936 (U.S./JPY) Pivot = 90.38 Projected High 90.80 Projected Low 90.20 R1 90.60 S1 90.09 R2 90.89 S2 89.87 R3 91.18 S3 89.58 (GBP/USD) Pivot = 1.50983 Projected High
[Deleted]
It is needed to use these standard indicators: 1. Moving Average (MA) (period 200; method of Linear Weighted; to apply to Close) 2. MACD (tuning 25, 52, 1; to apply to Close) period of M-5 1) Terms of purchase on BID: 1. at crossing of line of MA a price (from below - upwards) and with the...
[Deleted]
Can any body help me what is code if condition : buy : blue line above red line and red line above yellow line (blue line>red line && red line>yellow line) sell : blue line below red line and red line below yellow line (blue line<red line && red line<yellow line)
I've been developing systems in MQL4 for about a year now and seem to run into the same types of problems when developing and testing systems. After I form a hypothesis, write the program and test out the system, I analyze the results, come up with ways to make it better, and continue along this...
[Deleted]
Hi i have an indicator that shows entry and exit points ( not accurate, but not bad), i want to open order manually, and let the indicator close the position. if (madiff > 0.0 && rsi0>50 ) UP = 1; else if (madiff < 0.0 && rsi0<50 ) UP = 2; Because after the signal can send email i thought why...
[Deleted]
  back-testing  (2)
dear traders, I want to do some back testing going back about 1 year using 5 minute charts, It only goes as far back as december 2009, Ive treid going to history centre to download more bars of 5 min data but it wont let me? is all the history data provided by MT4 company? or does...
[Deleted]
Hello, when applying an EA to a chart and then changing timeframe for chart, EA is removed from prev. chart and reapplied to chart with new timeframe. when i apply an EA to USDJPY 5 min, i need the EA kept exactly on this chart. How to prevent switching EA when switching timeframe ? thank you
[Deleted]
Dear all, I need your help on a code that allows me to know what is the first openned trade. i.e. Assuming we have 5-6 trades open, how can I know what was the first of them that was openned? Sorry for my English Regards Paulo
Is there any way to get indicator name suppose i have MACD.mq4 indicator and i want to print its name i.e. "MACD.mq4" is it possible? is there any variable or any function? thanks
I want to know how many indicators are applied in a chart. For example i have 2 custom indicators. ind1 and ind2 if i apply first indicator then it should print "no of indicators 1" and if i again apply second indicator it should print "no of indicators 2" is it possible. please suggest me......
Ok. Here's my scenario. I have built my first EA successfully...it opens and closes trades. However, it does this based on instructions it obtains from my first Custom Indicator. (using "iCustom()" function) ok...everything seems to be working, but when I back test using the Strategy tester, I get...
[Deleted]
I am looking for help from a coder. I have attached an indicator that identifies gaps. Currently it draws arrows on the screen which can get a bit messy. Would it be possible to change the code so that it draws a rectangle box inside the gap area. Any help would be appreciated.
[Deleted]
dear traders, this may sound like a stupid question, but here goes: if i had a trading stratergy that was %50 winners and %50 losses, traded 0.1 lots all the way, started with $1000, and finished with $1200 or kept on increasing lots traded with every winning trade, would my...
[Deleted]
dear traders, I am addicted to forex. are any of you? how many hours per week do you spend studying it? are you obssesed? how many years have you been studying it are we all here for the same reason? to get filthy rich ? anyone got rich from it yet? how long did it take you? I read...
[Deleted]
hello I have been trying to write some EAs with a few different oscilliators, I used them separtely, I combined them and tried everything, but I always have the same problem. Some parts and days work fine, in these days a big profit would have been possible, but the the market situation changed...
Hello everybody, I need help because I don’t know mt4 encoding. I just need the 25% and 75% shown on this HighLow_Costum indicator. It only shows the 50% line. And if possible tags on the lines showing level and respective price. I appreciate your help.
[Deleted]
I'm trying to figure out how to store a value from my EA into a file, then retrieve it and reinsert it back into the EA. So that, in the event of a loss of connection, my EA would be able to resume calculations for trading without opening, unwanted, duplicate trades, due to a loss of it's values....
Hello, i am looking for the smartest way to draw a line (stopcurve) from within EA without coding an indicator for this. can anyone give a brief sample for this ? thank you
hi Below is my first own EA. Unfortunately I have some problems with it. How it should work: Every new (Daily)-Bar the EA should only set one sellstop and one buystop.  Prices, StopLoss and TakeProfit are all calculated by a formula using the High-,Low- and Close-Value of the privious day. Now I...
Is it possible in any way to use an expert advisor with metastock? Is there a way to reference data not in MetaTrader but another platform? Regards