MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 130

hi im trying to code a multi symbol expert and i'm almost done but i have a problem on converting points to place trades but when i try combining 5 digit currency and 3 digits currency. the 3 digit currency always place the stoploss at the wrong place. but when i trade them on separate backtest they
HELP ! I just installed the MT4 Trade Manager I my surface pro and the resolution renders it unusable. I adjust the screen resolution and everything changes but the trade manager. The fonts size is good but the box is too small so it is all scrunched up and unreadable. Normally you can just click on
PLZ help MQL4 I am writing an expert to buy & sell in direction of open of 22:31 open price of yesterday , this is what i want to write: if time passes 22:30 ,pick 22:31 candle open price & use it as a constant up to tomorrow 22:30, Can anyone help
Hey guys! This is my first post here as I am new to MQL. I have been trying to create a simple strategy, which trades based on indicators gathered from the "semafor123Triangles" custom indicator . Long story short, as you can see in my code, semafor indicator has 7 "spots" which give values. These
Hi all, I am downloading historical data from MT4 History Center to use in an Excel-based backtest program. I am able to download about 1000 bars in each timeframe. At the same time, however, I see something like the following at the top of History Center: "Databases: 1003 / 2795 records". To me
I'm trying to test my EA with a MA line. If it crosses to the upside it's a buy and if it crosses to the downside it's a sell. I'm testing if this works before going on by letting it comment buy or sell. It's not working so far. extern int Price = 0 ; //Apply to
[Deleted]
Hi, i got access to a trading account by investor PW. I checked the trades that were made and found suspicious trades in XAUUSD, see screenshot. Trades had been opened but there were no price at the moment of openeing (marked yellow). Any ideas how this is done?Other trades seems to be ok
  TickScalper EA  (774   1 2 3 4 5 ... 77 78)
Hi to all, I'm glad to represent my development TickScalper EA according to ideas described here and here. Especially for this EA I've created some new tick indicators. This new EA has big number of different settings devided on 5 groups: - Main - Timing - Sets for tick or fast MAs - Sets for slow...
Hi gang, I'm trying to build an indicator for the first time in MT4 and myself and my programmer friend are stumped why the histogram is not working the way we want in this indicator. We've been examining other indicators that use the histogram to create a cloud between two dynamic variables, and
Good morning to everyone, how can I run an ex4 file (I don't have the mq4 file to compile it) on MT4 in windows 10? The software does not recognise the file, but when I try to buy it on the market it says that it needs Metatrader 4 for Windows in order to run. Thanks
Im currently trading with 7 different EAs working on 17 different currencies and timeframes and trading for the last several months making good money. But last night I got stopped out in a deep drawdown and I think its because one of the Stops I set with one of the EAs effected my account balance as...
Hello everyone, Going through the first steps of MQL4 programing and starting from something simple (code attached). Compiling shows 0 errors and no warnings. When I run it on the backtester (during 1 full month) it only places a single BUY order which it closes immediately after opening. I've tried
I've been testing many different trend based indicators, and some in combo too. I find <Deleted>(both of which don't repaint) fine so far. I trade two crypto pairs which trend quite a lot, so don't mind as little as a few signals a month. I'm not interested in catching the top or bottom of a trend -
#property copyright " N.Huy "#property link      ""//+------------------------------------------------------------------+extern double Initial_Equity = 3000 ;extern double Profit_Rate = 5 ;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+double Profit_Equity...
  Order Send error 138 ?  (15   1 2)
void OrderEntry( int direction) { if (direction== 1 ) if ( OrderSend ( Symbol (),OP_BUY,GetLongContracts(),Ask,SLIPPAGE,GetStopLossLongPrice(), 0 , NULL ,MagicNumber, 0 ,Green) < 0 ) { Print ( "Order Send failed, error # " , GetLastError ()); RefreshRates (); } if
I want to read value of previous down and up leg of zigzag . here is indicator //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| MultiZigZag | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ /* 31
Hello, My custom indicator uses price action and other indicator info from higher timeframes which I use to determine various parameters to assess the confidence level of the trade setup. While this works fine in real time, the higher time frame parameters don't seem to refresh when running the
int OnInit () { TF = Period (); drawLabel(); return ( INIT_SUCCEEDED ); } void OnDeinit ( const int reason) { if ( ObjectFind ( "LabelDebug" ) != - 1 ) { ObjectDelete ( "LabelDebug" );} } int TF; void drawLabel() { string name = "LabelDebug" ; string text = "TF: " + TF; if
Hi everyone, i want to check when RSI cross some level (let say 20) for the first time after it came down from level 50, the second cross to same level i dont want it just the first one, and this is my attempt: bool FirstTouchLevel20() { int Lvl20TouchCount = 0 ; for ( int i = 1 ; i <= 100 ;
Hi, I wish to have my EA start automatically when the MT4 terminal launches> I have tried to implement this : https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/service/start_conf_file but it seems to be completely ignored, MT4 starts exactly the same with or without the .ini file ? this is my
Good day... Can someone share with me a code of an MT4 where I can programm the closing of a trade , after X candles after the trade is opened. Or.. where can I find this guide. Thank you very much
Please I am building an ea that uses martingale, I want to know a loss trade loss in pips whether the trade is closed before hitting SL or it close hitting SL all I want is to get the loss in pips which the next trade TP will be that loss trade pips. So even if next trade loss or any amount of trade
Recently, PUSH notifications in MT4, not stable work or does not work at all. Pings are not stable, with extended intervals or not at all. I try it from different computers and IP addresses. Maybe someone knows what, why this could be? Someone, somewhere, is banning something or is MQL5 having
Dear all, hope you are fine, I need to draw rectangle objets but only with borders, no background (check attached samples). Could you give me some code sample? Thank you
anyone facing the same issue when installing MT4 on Cloud computer? Keep prompting insert proxy server login... need help urget appreciate your help and comment thank you
#property copyright "" #property link      "" #property indicator_chart_window extern int Pips = 50; extern bool Alerts = true; extern bool PushNotification = false; double point; datetime alerttime; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Custom indicator...
Attached is EMA Crossover indicator, can somebody help me in changing the indicator from buy sell "arrows signals" to "horizontal lines" on the chart. Also previous horizontal line should be deleted on the formation of new. Thank you
Hello Everyone I'm working on a project right now using data from four custom indicators on 9 timeframes in mql4. Currently I make use of the iCustom function to get data from necessary buffers and bar indexes. As you can imagine, I have over 60 iCustom calls and its slowing down processing
Hi all I've been racking my brain on this all afternoon and can't work out where I'm going wrong...  My goal is to find the high/low between now and a previous trade. I know the general gist of it is  (1) find current datetime and past reference datetime (2) find the hours between the two datetimes...
  I have an account in MT4  (16   1 2)
I have an old MT4 account and there is an amount in it and I cannot withdraw the amount because I am not familiar with the broker. Is there a way to find out the broker or withdraw the amount