MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1247

Hi, I run several (50+) sessions of MT4 simultaneously, and I find the process of individually opening each MT4 with 3+ EAs to be quite tedious. Is there any way to specify which currencies and EAs would run in each session of MT4 from the command-line? On a separate note, is it possible to launch...
[Deleted]
Hi, I just installed visual studio 2010 with.NET 4 on my pc, and tried to upgrade the dll that i'm using with the expert advisor to work with the new dll (.net 4 dll) I am getting " cannot load library 'tick.dll' (error 126)" error with this new dll Any idea what could cause this? Does MT4 support...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to keep the users inputs for the next execution of a script? Let's say a script has a parameter called GMT_offset with the default set to 1. extern int GMT_offset = 1; The user changes it to 2, but the next time he runs the script the default will be 1 again, even though it's far
[Deleted]
Hi, I currently run three individual trading advisor robots, namely; FapTurbo, MegaDroid, and FXCP. My question is, I would like to know in the Account History which robot performed the buy/and or sell at a particular time. I'd like to find out the effectiveness of each robot and how they behave....
[Deleted]
Greatings pro's. I am trying to access the close of a higher timeframe in an indicator. Specifically, I want to calculate the value of the 20 period SMA on the M5 as it was on the M1. So what I would do is take the previous 19 closes of the M5 and average those in with the closes of the M1 that...
[Deleted]
Hi all, my name is Maxim, I am 21 years old. I've been studying the market for 2 years and haven't played yet. But lately I've become interested in writing Expert Advisors . )) I`ve been looking for some free ones, and there are some useless ones. I have written it to learn your opinion on the
New article Evaluation of Trade Systems - the Effectiveness of Entering, Exiting and Trades in General is published at mql5.com: There are a lot of measures that allow determining the effectiveness and profitability of a trade system. However, traders are always ready to put any system to a new...
[Deleted]
We are looking for Forex strategy developers who have experience with creating longer term profitable strategies within the FX market. The strategies can be for any of the major pairs across any time frames. If your able to code this would be an advantage but not essential, we can code your...
I am having problems doing string and double arrays in c/cpp code to be imported by Mt4Terminal. Things don't seem to be working as documented. Does anyone have any experance with these
hi, i am running an EA on two currencies (GBP and EURUSD) on H1 charts. i 13:00 each of the EAs were supposed to initiate two pending orders (one BUYSTOP and one SELLSTOP each). here is the log: 13:00:00 grapple GBPUSD,H1:   type:      sell stop13:00:00 grapple GBPUSD,H1:   volume:    0.2900013:00...
[Deleted]
hi every body If in a EA for example we have two open order that the currency is the same and both of them are buy mode and we want to modify them . how ca we select both of them to modify? we do not know the ticket no. and oreder no. Tnx
Sorry for barging on you with such a request, but perhaps someone can help me? Can any of you smart people produce 2 Minutes Chart for MT4 ? Thank you kindly!
int cnt, ticket =0, ticket2=0, total; extern int lot = 1; extern int sl = 10; extern int tp = 10; extern int bias = 1; //we place our order x pips from current price double orderAsk; double orderBid; string OrderCloseDate; int init() { Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL));...
[Deleted]
Wondering if its possible, or if anyone has done it. Make a EA that can just get you out by setting the alert at a set price and if hit trade close is executed by this alert setting. Without actually putting the active order in the game, that which is not seen is good, no big bullseye on you order....
Good Morning All, In the MT4 terminal, it ispossible to add a MA to an indicator by dragging the MA indicator onto thechart and selecting apply to “Previous Indicator’s Data” but, since I couldn’tfigure out how to duplicate that same action in my EA, I decided I needed tobuild my own indicator that...
[Deleted]
I would like expert opinnion regarding two brokers that provide verry different market data. So different it make me question. I tested my expert on both broker's MT4s - ForexLite and Instaforex. The expert trades on minor currency pairs (specially good for USDMXN and USDSGD) and it looks like 2...
Hello, I have very simple question: How to show indicator just on some timeframes ? If indicator is attached to chart, I could select time frames I want to be shown on Indicator->Visualization. But is it possible to select timeframes in indicator code ? Thanks, Edward
[Deleted]
I want to test OBJPROP_ANGLE function, and trying to draw a horizontal trandline, but the line sometime it appearss good, sometime is wrong, please see the attached photo, sometime appear nothing, please let me know what is wrong about it ....
Hi all, Im quite new to programming and I am trying to make an EA that does the following: When the price gets above a certain level, any pending sell order for the same symbol is deleted and a pending buy is placed at an x number of pips above the current price. The same counts when the price drops...
[Deleted]
Hello all, Whenever my EA gets a buy signal, it (correctly) sends only one order. However, when it gets a sell signal, it always opens two sell orders (instead of one). Please, help me solve this problem. I have copied the section of the BUY code, replaced OP_BUY with OP_SELL, still the same thing...
[Deleted]
Could anyone please tell me that when I optimize an EA why is it that the Profit Factor has no value?
[Deleted]
Hi, all, I met a problem for run EA on multiple currency.! In the same time, EA send order to server in each currency windows! also each currency EA program will be check Order was created succeed! but most time i check OrderSend status is succeed! but i used OrderSelect and OrderSymbol check...
Hi all, MT5- this function showing ONE error. Thanks for help. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| TrailingFixedPips.mqh | //| Copyright © 2010, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to do that for example daily line will appear in hour graph and 15 minute graph but hour lines won't appear in 4 h graph and daily graph? Netdania has this feature and it is very convenient because when all the lines go upwards you can't see anything in daily graph because of all the...
[Deleted]
  Run Time Problem  (1)
Hello, I am new to this Mql4 programing and I had a question I was hoping someone could help with. I have an indicator that during the initialization phase I have a loops a function mutiple times over. I think the loop is moving on to the next cycle before the function has time to fully calculate....
[Deleted]
Hi, I m Shantanu, Basically Im Software Engineer, but from last 2 years Im in forex Industry as a professionaly EA developer. If any-one want to develope EA, He/She can contact with me, well knon for Quick-n-Reliable-n-Reasonable service contact: forex.eamaster@gmail.com
[Deleted]
Hello at all, I am new in the forum. I have many problems with the AUD/USD testing, live account Journal : TestGenerator: no history data AUDUSDFXF1, but the file is in the history folder... Report: Bars in test 32441 / ticks modelled 2125823/ modeling quality 24.93% mistmached charts errors 0 and a...
Ok, indicators are not my strong suit. They seem fairly simple code-wise but I've been too busy lately to complete my studies on them, (sadly for me). After what I would call phase one learning with Fundamental Trading, I'm in learner's cycle back to Technical Trading. I'm curious about ATR (Average...
[Deleted]
Hello, I need help in order to translate a function MMA in mql 4. I'm sure it's easy but I have some problem to resolve : function MMA; input s(series), period(number); result res(series); vars i(number), tmp(number), l(number), cnt(number), f(number); begin f := front(s); l := f + period - 1;...