MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1243

[Deleted]
  need mql4 basics hint  (15   1 2)
Dear Experts, how can I make an EA stop opening new positions at a certain AccuntEquity level? I hardly got it to close all positions, but it keeps opening new ones. Fo Rex
Hi everybody, I was trying to realize where is the problem on this indicator formula. When I insert it on the graphic, it's plot two horizontal lines, so, I have to open the code and click again on "Compile" button. Another problem is: When a new bar appears, the lines change dramatically for a...
[Deleted]
  error 126  (10)
2010.07.01 15:33:22 mysql_v2.2 AUDJPYFXF,H1: cannot load library 'C:\MT4\experts\libraries\mysql_wrapper.dll' (error 126) I keep getting this error when I try to place this EA on a chart. The dll is in the folder it's supposed to be and I'm running this EA on my home PC. Completely lost here....
[Deleted]
this is my trading in bound only ok ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? waitting me
[Deleted]
Hi I want to implement kalman filter in hardware plz any one help in this regard uzmeed
[Deleted]
Hi All, I have been searching for an answer to this but nothing is presenting itself. I am trying to get the value of the previous bar's moving average value. I can get the current one using iMA() without a problem, but I am not sure how to query the previous bar. Can someone point me in the right...
  Rastvor  (3)
Can someone pls help me how to define rastvor ?,.. i ve found some codes but what is the basic code for this,.. thx V
[Deleted]
Dear mql4 forum user Can the order ticket, returned by OrderSend, possible be 0 (null)? Or in other words, can 0 be an actual order ticket number? With kind regards Pecival
  pls help  (4)
i know that this whole code is wrong maybe but can someone explain me why there is a mistake with the one bracket thx ?
[Deleted]
Does anyone know how to stop default charts from opening at startup. My previously viewed charts open , and that's great. But I don't like the default charts opening. I just have to close them. Thanks
Hi all,I am trying to make an indicator that draws the value of the opening price of the current bar divided by the opening price of the bar with a pre set time, in this example 00:00. When calculating the value of the current bar i, it should loop backwards starting from bar i to find the bar with...
Hi, i'm looking for a script, which generates several scaled tones of sound when the price is moving. For example when a currency pair is "average high" a lighter sound will be generated per tick. Any ideas how this can be possible on MQL4 where i'am new.Please post. :)
Hello, I am interesting if I could declare two dimensional array, and then put all indicators to this array. For examle: BUFF[8][]; //two dimesional array SetIndexBuffer(0,BUFF[1][]); SetIndexBuffer(1,BUFF[2][]); SetIndexBuffer(2,BUFF[3][]); SetIndexBuffer(3,BUFF[4][]);...
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                 draw_hi_low_line.mq4 |//|                       Copyright ?2010, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net...
Hello everybody, I am willing to learn how write my own methods in mql4 expert advisor. I get losteven in the 'orders' type commands...could somebody direct me to an online basiccourse..articles...guidelines...books...samething that allow me to write a methodbased on bars comparing. thank you in...
[Deleted]
The taskis: write forex news history (date/time, prev. value, forecast, actual value)into array (arr[][]). I used to download csv-files with news history by weeksfrom www.dailyfx.com, but they changed it, and now there available historyonly for couple month, but I need history for 2-3 years....
  BarsSince ???  (3)
Hi. I am very new to MQL4, so I don't have much experience programing with this language. I am used to Metastock EA language, wich is far different from MQL4. So I would like to know if there is a way to express a function similar to Metastock function "BarsSince(EventXX)". In other words, I need a...
[Deleted]
  scripts for MT4  (1)
Hello perhaps somebody could help me on the following: I am trading demos on the Forex at the moment and will resume live trading eventually, soon I hope. I am used to the MT4 platform and would prefer to keep using it for live trading. I would need to open several entries at once and I know this...
update: it seems impossible to upload a screenshot, I tried a png and jpg version but no luck There has been a critical error Time : 2010.10.15 13:24 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 226, 24 Mar 2009) OS : Windows 2000 Professional 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195) Processors : 2 x X86...
I've just tried to run the terminal, which is usually running night and day, and my firewall presented this alert. Any help or suggestion? Should I worry? Thanks.
Hi everybody Every time that I need to find a value for an array [] I have been using buffers, even if I don´t need to plot a line. That´s a big problem, once there are a limited number of buffers to be used. When I try to replace it for a common array the indicator does no work Anyone knows how...
I have an ea that sometimes works fine and sometimes gets affected by "old tick". I have heard that using refresh rates can help with this. Is this correct and if so where in the code do i put the refreshrates???
[Deleted]
  Backtest data  (1)
Hi Can anyone recommend some good/reliable historic Forex rates for downloading / importing to MT4 historic center directly(data format is accepted by MT4).It doesn't matter it is a free source or pay one. I realised the data available for downloading by MetaQuotes got some issues, it has missing
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, I'd need some help from you if possible... The basic theory that I'd like to backtest is the following: two EMAs, 9 and 20. A simple cross strategy but applying some tricky MM: stoploss = 10, TP1 = 5, getting out with 1/3 of the opened amount; TP2 = 15, another third of the money;...
[Deleted]
  MQL4 and XML  (9)
Hello everyone. I need to make a mql4 script, that can take indicators from an XML script. The script is updated once a day, through a Excel file that is parsed to XML. I will make the XML and other systems myself, but I don't really know too much about MT4, or MQL4. Therefore i'm actually looking
[Deleted]
Hi, any suggestions to get solid backtest data for forex markets (for metatrader 4) ? Free would be best (of course ;-) but important would be that the data is at least on 15 minutes intervalls right, Any ideas, experiences would be very much appreciated!
[Deleted]
can anyody tell me the procedure to extract the data from mt4 to amibroker & metastocks.......there was a procedure generate online but using that close the terminal constantly & difficult to get the data then............any known person pls help
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I’m new in MQL and in Forex topics, but i have a lot of experience en Visual Studio , i just want to know how do a tool to make notifications, maybe send a simple mail or msg to my phone, when my order in on S/L or in T/P, would someone can help me about this issue? Thanks Carlos Masaya
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I get error 138 will examine my code, trying to place an order execute my code on the strategy tester with data about the last 2 days, I wrote to log the parameters and that what I get : OrderSend Function failed with error # 138 Error Description : requote OrderSend Function...
[Deleted]
How can I include any scrip, say "USDINR" (from the Tools-History Center-Forex Crosses-USDINR) in the market watch window? Ive tried downloading but all it does not display the scrip on the "market watch" window afterwards. Am i skipping some step?