MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 122

My code shows no errors but somehow its not running on backtest... I'm new to MQL4 programming and I tried to develop a system to identify pin bars for entry, but somehow it doesn't work... Help please
  OrderSend / OrderClose Issue  (16   1 2)
Hello everyone! I've researched for days, including here, using the term "ordersend/orderclose not working". There are lots of questions/answers but I still cannot figure it out. I appreciate your help. I'm attaching 2 of the many attempts I've tried, with notes on the behavior of each of them
HI, I am new to MQL4 and have a question. On my visual chart, I have a MACD with two moving average indicators applied to it (Exponential using First Indicator's Data). How do I replicate this in mql4 code so I can create a EA? I know how to create a MA and MACD seperately in code, but I dont know
  Zero divide error new ea  (11   1 2)
Hello im developing an ea based on dark point custom indicator and getting zero divide error in backtest The bot works and is profitable on many charts already im looking to improve this bot any help appreciated <ex4 file deleted>
Hi, I know how MT4 works (also how METAQUOTES ID works on a mobile phone - android)...but I have an problem now with my MT4 app on my phone (i downloaded again today..to be sure I have the latest app version). My problems are (2x): 1) I don't get any MQID ID nr from my mobile phone app? Very strange
Hello All I'm attempting to get this indicator to update every 15 minutes, but it's not working, and switching the timeframe period manually makes it work. The objective is to print the line on the last previous LOW that is above the SMA, and the indication Print line once this LOW it come below the
  RSI EA code help  (19   1 2)
Hi...  Need an indicator to trade RSI. where if the value goes above 70 and retrace below 50 I enter short wher if the value goes below 30 and retraces above 50 i enter long  need help with teh code 
I'm writing a dashboard that displays information from symbols across all other open charts. If a chart is deleted or added, I need to resize the dashboard and remove/add the missing symbol/timeframes. Rather than coding a resize, I figured it's better to just delete the panel and re-create it
Hi All, I've been trying to test my EA's in a demo environment using MT4, and noticed a problem with requotes. I'm basing the open buy/sell order off of the open/closed prices, so at the end/beginning of a candle (open prices only). regardless of what I set my slippage at I'm getting requotes (I've
Hi all I'm trying to code an EA for backtesting a fairly basic pullback trading strategy for EUR/USD. Basically, I wait for a trend to be identified by the 8,13,21 EMA on the 5 min timeframe and the 8,21 EMA on the 1H timeframe. Then wait for price to pullback and close inside the array of EMAs on
[Deleted]
Hi Alls/Experts, Im very trouble to code RSI-13 -> RSI-3 Coding. First I put the RSI-period-13 on chart Second I insert Second RSI-period-3 into same RSI window and selected in " Apply to- Previous indicator Data" Till here all is OK, but when I goto code it, I cant get Value of the second...
i'm trying to fix max profit value with the following code but it kept changing according to new totalprofit or profitall, what's wrong with my code? if ( (profitMax >= 0) && profitMax < profitAll ) { profitMax = profitAll; } sorry can't find the src button in the menu here beee
How to code RSI based on OHLC4 for MT4? Please guide me
hy all, I'm very beginner in automating tasks, and i'm searching for an EA or an indicator able to enable/disble autotrading button at specific hours. I do not know anything about programming code, so as it seems to be a basicoption, ihope someone has already found a solution. Any ideas ? Any free
  How to detect NEW Bar?  (14   1 2)
How to detect NEW Bar ? I want to reset my indicator variables if there's a new bar. I'm thinking to use the volumes data to detect it but I don't know if that's right formula or best code to do it
Hi there. I have just published an indicator in the market, for MT4. I compiled the file here myself and tested before uploading, it is working perfectly. I noticed that a customer rented the indicator, but it does not wanna work and sent me this message: "Hello. I just rented Forex master pattern
Hi friends, I'm trying to install MT4 platform of different brokers and I faced a problem during installation.  I just installed metatrader 4 of some brokers without any problem but for some others at the final stage of the installation a window popup and requires me to enter the proxy server...
Hello, Im searching for a trading panel to attach to MT4 for lot size calc, preset TP and SL. There are different versions out there, but I can't install them on my Mac Any suggestions for a Mac trading panel
I purchased an indicator from someone and followed the instructions to install. I can't get the file onto the mt4 platform however because its .ex4 I tried drag and drop in the data folder and I've tried the meta editor. any suggestions
Hey everyone I'm trying to code trendlines that only take a trade after 3 touches, i'm having a hard time coding this or finding any information on something similar.. if anyone has any examples i could work from or know where to point me that explain this sort of thing would be greatly
Can any friend help, I just ordered an EA that works based on Forex Calendar, but it doesn't work perfectly on VPS, but it runs fine on my Laptop
Good morning all, I am trying to write and read a text file. I can read the contents of the text file, I am finding it tricky to write, delete, copy and move the contents of the file to a different location. void Working_File() { string file = "Hello" ; int o = FileOpen ( "Hello.txt" , FILE_COMMON
Hi guys it's my first post, I'm not very good in fact I started studying a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to understand how stoploss can be placed on the previous fractal. For example my EA sends a buy signal, so the stoploss must be placed at the level of the previous lower fractal. Thanks =)
  Object Text Delete  (11   1 2)
I have written my first Indicator. It simply draws text on the chart in the upper right corner of main window. However, when I delete the Indicator the text does not delete. How can I fix this? The following is my code: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
  iCustom Issue  (7)
Hi folks, i'm working on an EA based on an indicator using 7 different internal indicators each one named FL1,FL2, ...  so i use ICustom fxn  The issue is that one indicator (FL2) using 8 different lines (as indicated in attachment) all of them have the same name and value and when i use ICustom it...
I am running an EA on mt4. It has gone rogue. It is taking trades outside the parameters I set. I have tried every route I can find to deactivate, disable, and remove the bot from the trading pair. I have disabled all algo trading on my terminal, closed the terminal and even uninstalled then
Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a pretty strange problem when trying to execute an OrderSend function using my EA (which is a web app running inside a browser component in MT4). Most of the time the EA is used to set Pending Orders, but Market/Exchange Execution orders are also supported. To get the
Afternoon all Bit of a silly one here, but I have an EA which works fine, however I'm receiving error messages for errors which are non-existent. My EA closes half of my position when I reach 200 pips in the money whilst simultaneously moving the s/l to breakeven. The system does this flawlessly
Hello , Is there a way to watch my mt4 account is connected to the server (connected or not connected) ? Why am i asking this question , because sometimes my VDS pc has shutdown or internet connection problems when i am afk