MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 905

Hi everyone,   I have attempted to code a little swing indicator, where the indicator draws an arrow on the bar where the highest high occurred over the last X bars and an arrow on the bar where the lowest low occured for X bars. But something must be wrong in my code, while the indicator loads...
Hi there, This is my first post to this forum. I created an EA based on the following system http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/507-45-pips-per-day-system-eur-usd.html. Entry is crossover of macd over signal followed by SAR and ADX confirmations, or flip of SAR followed by macd...
Hello,   I suppose that it has already been donne, but I can't find it in the forum. I would like to code in an EA for MT4 a MA of price in a RSI window. My objective is to allow only buy orders when MA is under level 20 of RSI and sell orders when MA is over 80. Close orders will be when MA cross...
Hi I am trying to use existing LRI code and add some smoothing to it, the problem is that the LRI is not drawn after smoothing Periods, I am using 3 in my IMAonArray, and it does not draw the LRI for last 3 bars as you can see in the picture, I will attach code here too.     #property...
Hi, it's just a request for a confirmation. if I write in my indicator only once in the init() function: SetIndexBuffer(0,buffer0); SetIndexEmptyValue(0,0.0); then at every new bar the buffer0[0] ist set to 0.0 automatically and NOT to EMPTY_VALUE? Thanks in advance, Gooly
¿Algún Experto en mql4 que resida en Venezuela? trader201
[Deleted]
Hi in my MT4 demo account, when i click on "tools" and select "options" there is no "publisher" tab there? Why could this be, it seems to be on all other MT4 platforms i have used? This is on GKFX demo account, MT4 Anybody know why this isnt showing up? Thanks Tim
*) purpose : for easy note & navigate at mt4 chart at specific bar based on it's datetime, this is very important to identify strategy case or signal setup, or just mark point something to remember.    *) example bar navigator list : "display label",        bar data,...
Hello! Could please anyone tell me how I can setup a fresh build from MQ for my broker before they make it available on their website. I would like to install 500 and move config data from the old build of Alpari on my fresh installation. How that could be done? Thank you! 
[Deleted]
Hi, is there anyone notice that there's no "credit" show in the MT4 Android? Some broker separate the bonus under credit instead combine with the balance. Anyway to enable it? Thanks.
Hi all, I'm looking to close orders that are in loss once account profit is in profit. The code that I have is as follow. Does anyone give me a help ? Thank you in advance. Luis void GetTotalOrderProfit()       {//0       TotalOrderProfit = 0;       int TotalOrders;              for(int Orders =...
[Deleted]
Hi I'm just new in mql4 programmer. I try to find the different pip between Open[1] with Close[1].  My plan is :   if(pip value(different between Open[1] with Close[1]) > 20 pip) {   OrderSend(); }     
[Deleted]
I am running an EA with custom on-chart buttons that allow order submission and closure. The buttons can be pressed/activated without issue on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit platform. The identical EA code and MT4/EA configuration on a Windows 8 Pro 64 bit platform does not work. When trying to press the...
creation of "/templates/default.tpl"  = new chart how i like it.  But how do you do that for a new visual mode backtest chart? Thanks.
How can I set an alarm on an ATR indicator?  So that if ATR reaches it's lowest point in 10 bars then the alarm goes off. And if ATR reaches it's highest point in 20 bars then another alarm goes off.  I have multiple screens running, so ideally if I can set an alarm for each. (14 screens 1hr...
How do I get iEnvelopes to use a negative shift? int maPeriod = 24 ; double deviation = 0.15 ; int shift = 10 ; // this works int shift = - 10 ; // this does not work double envHigh = iEnvelopes ( NULL , 0 , maPeriod, MODE_SMA , shift, PRICE_MEDIAN , deviation, MODE_UPPER, 0 ); double
I'd be most grateful if someone could an answer to a question which is eluding me. I have two sets of historic data from separate sources for the same currency pair.  As we all know, all data sets have gaps. If I import first one then the other will I have fewer gaps, or will the import of the...
Hi everyone, Until last weekend my metatrader was running with no problem my EA, but at some point it stopped running any EA, I re-installed the mt4 but no solution.   Does anyone have any Idea why is this happening?   Thank you guys! 
[Deleted]
Hi, have anybody the same problem, i have try to make backtest today with expert advisor programms and i see that the order opening price and takeprofit and stoploss and lines are not showing anymore, why is that so?
[Deleted]
Hello there! Is there someone who have maby time for droppy by to my gmail account? I'm working on a EA. I'm almost done. But it's just a little mistake, i cant find it. Are you interested and do you think you know enouf to help me, send please a email to willemhuisman75@gmail.com  Thankx! 
New article Indicator for Point and Figure Charting is published at mql5.com: There are lots of chart types that provide information on the current market situation. Many of them, such as Point and Figure chart, are the legacy of the remote past. This chart type has been known since the...
[Deleted]
The dragable order modification lines introduced in MT4 build 500 are nice, however your implementation leaves a lot to be desired. It is almost as if none of you actually use trading software. 1. In order to prevent accidental moving of order lines and conflicts with current chart object...
when attaching an EA to the chart, the expert properties box appears. However, this box has problems. I can't enlarge the box's borders. Some of my EAs have many parameters and I need to scroll downward to find parameters. This scrolling is so time consuming. Rather than scrolling, I prefer to...
Hi all, Do anyone have an idea how to get a an order to open very time price increase by x pips (10, 15, etc) ? Thanks in advance Luis 
  ivolume color  (5)
Hello everyone. First, I wanted to thank anyone who can help me. Second, I'm trying to collect on a variable color indicator iVolume generated. Associate the following graph where I want to point out that variable contains. Again, thank you very much to all. Greetings. kapy
  control points  (4)
Is if possible to write an EA that trades using control points instead of every tick? If not, what possible good is that option? I've done this: but it does not test out right. I want my ea to execute on control points, so when I use the tester on every tick, I get the same results as when I test...
Hi, i've been using a SVAPO based system on FXCM trading station which has been reasonable in performance however i have not yet found the oscillator coded in MQL. topic in short term volume and price oscillator (SVAPO) Indicator - MQL4 forum suggests that maybe this has already been coded in MQL...
[Deleted]
hi, it's only me ?? since MT4 Build500 (2 days), Ask and Bid return 0 (zero) in my EAs. anybody has the same errors ???
Hi Is there a way to determine whether  a current/open position has an S/L set? e.g. true, false, and then extract what value is set? I cant figure out a way to do it. thanks ian 
Which do you prefer and why? For me it really depends on the system. I like to use a fixed risk % where possible as this shows bigger profits because the lots increase as the account grows. However, this is not ideal in some cases where my system opens/closes trades solely on indicators....I may...