General - page 1949

This morning (May 12, 2005) my automated trading system wants to close USDCHF buy order 1.2149 at server time 15:30:39 and close EURUSD sell order at 1.2716 at 15:30:40. But the system only closes the USDCHF order for me. I have 2 trading systems and apply to the corresponding chart like USDCHF...
  past trade ?  (2)
is it posible to obtain infromation about last trade like, was profitable and another information?
  Trendline Rays  (8)
Hi, Is it possible to have a Right and a Left selectable Trendline Ray option? Thanks for any help Martin
what is the error : invalid price
hi all, is it possible to use ema instead of sma in the bollinger band parameter? how can i do that? thanks heaps alimin
I am facing problems in the DDE with MT4. The update of data seems to stop after 4-5 minutes for no reason. The MT3 version works OK however. Do MT3 and MT4 support COM? this could be helpful for using the RTD command in Excel.
Nominations: Best Software Awards 2004 MetaTrader CE took part in nomination the financial soft for pocket computers. It did not win, unfortunately. MetaQuotes Software Corp. plan to improve MetaTrader CE 4.00. http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/category_all_2004.asp Finance Cash...
Is it possible to have Stops and Limits input as pips and not as an amount which has to be calculated. A trader can now set the number of lots to be traded with your system as a default which is great. Is it not possible to be able to set Stops and Limits in the same way as a default number of pips
MetaTrader 4. Build 169. 1. Updated working through DataCenter; 2. Updated Dictionary of MetaEditor IDE; 3. Updating based on crash-logs. New version of MetaTrader Data Center 4 build 168 is released.
new build 169 has some issues switching between profiles, takes about 10-15 seconds.
I have extracted the HA zip file to MT4 which appeared in the custom indicators list, tried to place the indicator on the chart by double clicking/drag and drop, nothing appeared. I tried changing the background colour of the chart but this didn't solve the problem. Can anyone offer any advice...
  Forex Broker?  (2)
Can anyone recommend a reliable 4x broker who is utilizing MT3 platform? Thanks in advance.
  Market Profile  (3)
I have been using xTick which has a Market Profile chart view. Any chance of incorporating this very usefull chart? thanks
FXstreet.com: Date: April 13th, 2005 14:00 GMT Expert: Doug Schaf, Managing Director, FX-Strategy Automated Systems Trading and Backtesting - Taking Systems Trading to the Next Level - Signal Services, Platforms & Robots - What You Need to Know - Building versus Buying or 'Renting' your...
Why MT4 only deal 119 hours per WEEK while compare with the other 122 hours per WEEK; ? So the data sometimes should be corrected ? What do you do ?
Hi again, This is probably just a rumour but I'd like to clear the air anyway, given my interest. A very reputable trader I know has said that MT4 is going to support Renko charts. Is this true ? Cheers Martin
I'm running 4 MT4 sesions at the same time. Is it possible to run Data Center and MT4 on the same PC and use it as datafeed for all 4 MT4 sessions. Thanks!
I have TS2000i code but don't know how to change it to suit MT4. This is default TradeStation 2000i Easy Language code for the volatility indicator: Input: Length(10); Plot1(Volatility(Length) , "Volatility"); ***************************************************** This is the function needed to power...
Some people might find iFractalsOnArray() useful ...I would. I was able to code this myself, but I think it would have been nice to have it organic to MT4. Along with tick charts, volume charts, 2M, 3M, 2H, etc., etc., etc. ;o) I know this is possible through some engineering; my point is only that
Hi, First gotta say I love MT4. Is it possible to return the index array from a call to iCustom. The call to iCustom could be made once instead of put the call in a loop to build the array values to then be used which forces the custom indicator to be loaded and released for every call. double
  Main chart.  (2)
How we can insert indicators such as williams s/r, rsi, cci, in main chart window??
Apologies to the English-speaking readers... Слава, Это повторение вопроса "Determining if an Order Succeeded" Мне кажется нам обоим будет легче разговаривать по-русски. Вот повторение моего вопроса: Я так понимаю, что MtSendOrder может возратить RET_OK, а брокер до сихпор может отказать в...
Hi, Can anyone confirm that there is a limit on the number of paramenters that can be defined on a function. It would seem that it is 10. If so why? and can this please be increased? Pedro
within a chart, when you point a line with the mouse, after a few seconds, an instant box is opened, and the name & value for that line is shown. If you move the mouse a few pixels below/upside, you can still get the instant box, but it will show a different value for the line. I think that if...
Is there any indicator that shows the historic volatility of price for the last n bars?
I am using the MetaTrader API. From what I understand, on a MtSendOrder API call, even if the return value is RET_OK, I am not guaranteed that the order has gone through. Presumably, if/when my order appears on the list from MtGetTradeRecords, I know that my order was successfuly. However, how do...
Hi Everyone, First I would like to say what a great trading platform MT is. I have tried many other trading platforms but they are all full of unnecessary and useless bloat. I find that MT is a very practical trading platform. Anyway... It appears as though you cannot set the size of normal
Dear Ladies and gentlemen I tried to get the API sample #2 working. I use a demo account. My username and login are correct. The port 443 and 1950 are enabled. In case I use the ip-address from my computer I can connect but not login. The data server “mtdcsrv” is running and tells also “running”...
I have built a speech alert system that runs once every new bar. The alert uses iCustom(). It worked fine even after I recompiled it up to build 167. After I upgraded the MT4 into 168, my signals got reversed. Long signals become short signals, and vice versa. Pls look into this. I think this is a...
  IsTradeAllowed()  (1)
Hi, Is there any way to toggle or set the state of IsTradeAllowed() in code ? Cheers Martin