General - page 1947

Hello I cannot find any working example about OBJPROP_XDISTANCE. I would like to position and arrow ObjectSet(up_ar, OBJPROP_ARROWCODE, SYMBOL_ARROWUP); above the last high or below the last low bar. Here is what i'm trying: ObjectCreate(up_ar, OBJ_ARROW, 0, iTime(NULL, 0, 0),...
Hello Everyone! I've been hunting for a Pivot calculator which displays the pivot for everyday and that allows the user to set the time for the calculation: 0GMT, NY close... The topic is partially discussed with fellow mebers at the link below. "Thomas DeMark Pivot Lines" Thanks for any help!...
  LastTradeTime  (1)
In mql II, to wait 5min. before opening new trades: if CurTime - LastTradeTime < 300 Then Exit; Any idea how to do it in MT4? TIA.
Hi, I am looking for a simple system to trade the Dow Jones . I have been using candle stick analysis but would like something more mechanical. For example, FIBS and/or MA combos would be more suited for my style of trading. I have searched the net but as yet have not come across a FREE system. If
After much deliberation i decided to jump in and get to grips with the mt4L. Whilst trying to go through some code and 'whipping' something up i was left with the following (initial) questions. 1. When i pull up a chart on EUR\USD and set it to 1H, how do i (using an indicator\ expert) put in a
How do I retreive the parameters for expert advisors.. I have found some of them in 'Common Functions' but not all seem to be there.. for example, whether long, short or both? Thanks,
Hi, i am working in forex using meta trader my qoustion is how can i bring Saudi Arabia stocks data to meta trader or real trade or X-trade
Is there an indicator available to draw a vertical line at a given time throughout the chart e.g. input 0800 and a vertical line would appear at 0800 throughout the chart? Would be very helpful to identify the start/finish of different sessions, particularly backtesting breakouts etc. I do not...
Hi, After checking out all the attempts to write this code in the forum, I decided to do it myself. thanks for all the help from previous posts. Here is the code to insert the Pivot, S1/R1 & S2/R2. Any comments or improvements welcomed...
I have a script with some entry parameters ( ex 'extern string GridName = "Grid";') and would like to set these parameters before the script is run - like expert advisors - when u drag the expert advisor into a window, it pops up a dialogue allowing u to change settings. Is this possible? Is this
After I updated MT4 from build 166 to build 169, the DDE in my excel spreadsheet only works around 1-2 minutes after the spreadsheet is open, after that stop working, with no more updates. I installed again the build 166 and now is working properly as usual. Is this a bug, or something that I need
Hello My try to init few variables with the same type (int) at once failed. i.e.: int v1 = v2 = 0; Is there any why to do this? Will be good if this type of initiation is allowed. Ivo
Hello, Somebody does it know if it is possible to superimpose two curves of different pairs with MT4? If so, how to make? Thank you. Alexandre
Here is a FIRST version of a script to place buy orders every GridSize ticks for GridSteps/2 below and above current price. It will not put buy orders if there is already one or if there is a position open. Running it every 30 mins to 1 hour fills all the holes in the grid created by orders being...
Hello, Somebody could it help me please? I seek how to modify the indicator "Average True Range" of Metatrader 4 so that it indicates the difference between the open and the close and not between highest and low. I thank you for your answers. Alexandre How to make ???????...
Anyone have a method for returning the current color of the Awesome Oscillator within Meta-Trader? Both MT3 and MT4 have a function for returning the value of AO, but not the color. AtDhVaAnNkCsE G'Jim c):{-
Hi, Is it possible to copy MT4 onto a cd/dvd in order to be able to trade from computers in public places such as Libraries etc. The reason for this question is that I am on the move with my job all day but can find an hour or two during my work break to trade, providing I can gain access to my...
In MT3, there have a custom indicator:T3 Filter, I would like setup 2 t3 filter lines in my chart, of course different parameter, can anybody help me to setup an alert when a t3 filter line cross the other line? thanks.
Hy! I'd like to know if is it possible to query the pitchfork channel's values with MT4?! Thanks for the answer.
Hi MetaQuotes Guys, Someone on the Yahoo site was suggesting MT4 is scheduled to be released within the next month or so. I was wondering whether you can confirm or at least least on the current anticipated release date for MT4 ? Cheers Martin
  I need help  (1)
Can somebody supply me with the following programming: I use an hourly chart and I get to the point where mt4 send me an email when certain conditions are true, but how do I stop the emails until the next hour? thank you.
MetaTrader 4. Build 170. 1. In MQL4 updated string copy method; 2. Updated deinitialization of separate window custom indicator; 3. Updated charts drawing; 4. Updated data pumping; 5. Updated "As Term Currency" profit visualization for CFD and Futures; 6. Changed viewing closed positions,...
Bonjour, Quelqu'un pourrait-il m'aider s'il vous pla&#238;t? Je cherche comment modifier l'indicateur "Average True Range" de Metatrader 4 pour qu'il indique l'&#233;cart entre l'ouverture et la cl&#244;ture et non pas entre le plus haut et plus bas. Je vous remercie pour vos...
in my init() function , i have a call to ArrayResize that works on intial call, but when the indicator is selected in the Indicator List and a input parameter changed, ArrayResize will fail. Is this expected behavior or a bug ? Thanks, Chris
I keep getting this error - symbol is in instant execution mode but not selected when trying to close an order, but I have no idea what it means or how to fix it. Could you shed some light please ? Thanks, Chris
Hi, I have seen a cople of threads and have asked myself for the possibility to use an offset local time instead of a server time. This is important when designing indicators that rely on the end of day pricing in particular markets. Having a server End-of-day as GMT-1h gives false results for...
  help!please!  (2)
how to put the 60min macd into 30min chart
Is there a special reason why the minimum trailing stop is 15 pips? Like a stop, a trailing stop is not garanteed.. so why limit the minimum? Some of my trading strategies use rather small trailing stops (4 pips!) so the ability to set it to this would be welcome. Certain currencies move very very
I have code that implements the following two statements from the example code supplied: If TotalTrades < 1 then (no outstanding positions or orders) ... for cnt=1 to TotalTrades (should drop in here if there are any open orders or positions) However, I'm never seeing 'TotalTrades' getting a...
I have a piece of good news everyone. Oanda recently changed the policy about their API. The change will benifit us with: Free API usage for the first two months. That is GREAT! I can spend that time to port the API for FXFisherman. Sample codes and documents about their API are now opened to...