General - page 1934

When I use Comment("High = ",H); With assumption that H was alreday predefined, I notice that the comment will appear at the chart once I add the expert then it will disappear once a new price is got. Why isn't my comment permenant even with price update?
MQ Guys, I've continually asked about better Trendlines in MT4 as well as issues with Trendlines by Angle (refer "Trendlines still a pain in the ...." ) 1. How do I go about maintaining Trendlines by Angle when I alter the Vertical Scale ? You said in the above thread that these would be fixed...
I try to calculate Moving Average on different inidicators (built-in as well as custom). Whenever i try to use Metatrader's suggested method (listed at "double moving average of RSI" for example), I alwys get different results then those on my chart. Let's suppose my chart windows contains ATR(13)...
  MT4 Client API ?  (3)
Guys, I looked up in the Forum on availability of free Client API for MT4 and was dissapointed to find out that it won't be available. Will you please deliver this to your managers it is a great mistake for the Metaquotes not to provide it? While yes MQL4 is pretty cool, it's way not that versatile...
Hi all, I hope someone here could clarify on this: I have an expert that uses hard coded timeframe (PERIOD_H1). Still I get different results when using different values in the Period field in the Strategy Tester. What is the significance of this field besides determining the value returned by the...
IM GIVING UP, I NEED LIKE 20 LINES OF CODE TO HAVE A SIMPLE SITUATION LIKE SELL AT MARKET AND BUY AT MARKET SIMULTANEOUSLY, LIKE A "REVERSE POSITION" COULD THERE BE A ......Reverse_Position() ......... instruction? another one a simple PLOT() statment a BUY and/or sell statment? I really think...
  Hotkeys  (1)
Is it possible to program Hotkeys for my scripts, cause I`m scalping sometimes? thank you
I'm trying to import tick data into the history center and have the following questions: 1. In the history center data columns, would the tick BID price be entered into all the price columns (OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE), and the VOLUME column be set to 1? 2. Would the tick data be imported into the...
Hi All Can any one help? I dont know how to get two charts up on two monitors at the same time? Any advice? Thanks Andrew
I am trying to attach an expert adviser to a 4hr chart and a second expert adviser to the daily chart in the same currency. Both experts refer to each other before making a trade. However, when I attach the first expert to the 4hr chart it also opens in all the other timeframes as well. If I...
Hi I have one question I am using the parabolic to jus close trades only does anybody know the code to close the Parabolic bar Example of what I need to do is: On open long when the parabolic opens new dot on short close trade On open short when the parabolic opens new dot on long close trade MT-3
  Hidden features  (25   1 2 3)
Hi All, Well I found a handy feature in the backtester. Once you've done a backtest and you're on the graph page, you can double click on a particular trade line and it will transport you over to the Result page with the particular trade highlighted. I wonder what other hidden wonders lurk under the...
int init() {//---- double adx,ma5,maxp13,maxp21; // the graphs value ma5=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H1,5,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); maxp13=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H1,13,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); maxp21=iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H1,21,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); adx=iADX(NULL,PERIOD_H1,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0,0);...
  Saved Statements  (2)
Hey Guys, Any idea why a published statement is different to a saved statement? The saved statements I seem to get include a 2nd line for every trade entry which only has the magic number and comment field. For the sake of easy reading for long statements, I'd prefer to be able to choose the type...
I'm using MT3 (I think). MT4 crashes my computer, but that's another rant. I tried to post a SetOrder and it fails. The code is: input: cPriceEnter(0); input: Spread(0); input: Slippage(0); var: cPriceStop(0),cPriceProfit(0); cPriceStop = cPriceEnter + (StopLoss * Point); cPriceProfit = cPriceEnter
  Partially close  (1)
Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to buy for example 2 lot and tell the SW to T/P 1 lot at a certain value, set S/L to the old Buy and let the other position run?
  MACD  (4)
I find MetaTrader's MACD indicator value is different from that of other charting programs, please compare EUR/USD daily chart MACD with that of other charting programs, is it a bug or I missed something? GT/Manpo
When debugging experts, you obvious have a certian degree of reliance on the 'Expert' tab in the Terminal. I find the constant scrolling down (especially if you also work in other tabs) to be a little annoying and cumbersome. Is it possible to have a right-click option 'Flush log to Disk' which,...
[Deleted]
Here is what I am trying to do on my code if on fresh open trade the narket goes the other direction i want to add a reversal so that on buy if the stoch goes below 50 it will reverse on sell if the stoch goes above 50 it will buy And when the wma amd sma cross it will close the trade on wma 5 and...
  HELP ME  (1)
meta is not respondes and It dosen't connect I don't know what to do
Here is what I am trying to do on my code if on fresh open trade the market goes the other direction i want to add a reversal so that on buy if the stoch goes below 50 it will reverse on sell if the stoch goes above 50 it will buy And when the wma amd sma cross it will close the trade on wma 5 and...
We need some help from clever people... We wrote a new expert advisor but... 1. We keep on getting a message "invalid price" 2. We get lots of Error 138 - Requote. Thanks! Benna benwiid at mweb dot co dot za
There's still an error in the historic trades. I just close a profitable trade, but I don't see it in the historic trades window. My account balance in my historic trades windows reades $5105.05 and my account balance in my open positions window reades $5145.05. Even when I select "show all...
Hi MetaQuotes team, I have a few suggestions for MT4. I fully understand most/all of my suggestions can be accomplished by some coding. I'm just looking for things to simplify coding. Before I start none of the below is meant as an insult. Just trying to help improving MT4. Which I think is in...
Does anybody have a list of the brokers that offer trading live (demo and real accounts) on the new Metatrader 4 platform? Thank you
How would you program this in your Zero Code to include a condition where there was a crossover in the past, the move continued and is now retreating and the trailing stop will close the position? I know there is a close feature but I am not sure how to program the trailing stop into the program?...
Occasionally, when I test an expert in the tester, an order will be triggered that should not be triggered at all according to the code. Or an exit will occur that should not occur. It seems to be random in its occurence, but when it occurs I get the same results test after test. I know that the
  MT4 Question  (1)
When I right click on the chart windows and then go to Trading, whats with the Buy Limit and Sell Stop orders that are there automaticaly. What are they calculated on?? Thanks
I used the ZeroCode to create this simple expert advisor - It compiles nice, but does not buy or sell?? Totally confused! //*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*\ // This MQL is automatically generated by FXFisherman ZeroCode v1...
[Deleted]
Hi Scorpian thanks for you helpon the scripting I almost have it where I what it except I am trying add this function Hey thanks for your recent help I just have one more variable that I want to add and can't figure out how to do it I want when the wma and the sma cross to have a 5 pip waiting...