General - page 1936

In addition to the previously mentioned problem with trendlines not propagating from one time period to another, fibonacci retracements are no longer propagating from one time period to another as well. Thanks.
I keep on getting error 138 in my OrderSend function. The error discription indicates that it's a "re-quote". What exactly does that mean? How can I resolve it? Here's my code: double stop_loss = 500; double lots = 1; OrderSend( Symbol(), OP_SELL, lots, Ask,3, Ask + stop_loss *...
Hi, I am using the Time[0] and trying to prevent code execution on the tick and only on a new bar if ( Time[0] == MyTime ) return(0); else { MyTime = Time[0]; Last_Bar = Last_Bar +1; } but when several ticks come very close together the Last_Bar gets incremented I have...
How can I prevent this error from occuring? "TradeDispatcher: all trade context is busy"
  MT3
I'd like to know how I can programme MT3 not to open more than one trade for each pair. Thank You
  Backtester FAQ ?  (5)
Hi, I'm really struggling with this Backtester, I'm afraid. I'm looking for perfect results - that's just silly given the lack of true tick data. I'd certainly hope for some consistancy throughout the results though. I'm testing a strategy that simply does this :- Places 2 x Buy Stops and 2 x...
I recently converted some of my MT3 experts to MT4 and allowed it to trade live on demo. I noticed that the execution symbols (entry/exit arrows) are not shown when the trades get executed. At times they are shown but instead of the designated color in OrderSend command, they come up as purple on...
Is it possible to change the color of an indicator based on a condition? for example: if (momentum1>0) { SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID,1,Lime); } if (momentum1<0) { SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID,1,Red);...
I am new to mt4 and not a programmer and need help to write a simple expert advisor chart 4 hr; use line chart buy : when 25ema crosses the price line that comes frome below , exit : when 6ema crosses the price line. sell : when 25ema crosses the price line that comes frome above , exit : when...
Since I have zero programming background, I’m looking for somebody who’s kind enough to write me a simple expert advisor. The expert is supposed to just set two pending orders (a buy stop and a sell stop) both at the same time and every day at the same time, and these pending orders shall expire...
[Deleted]
Hello all I have a question I don't understand how to do this in ZeroCode can somebody help me..... 1# I want the Parabolic Indicator to close a open trade on the last dot in the trend. I have the settings at step 0.0250 amd the max ar 0.2000 2# BUY the exchange rate when the 5 WMA crosses up past
It is quite nice to see that you have so kindly included 1:1 scale ability for your charts. This is very helpful. However, not being able to print out a chart at 1:1 scale mostly defeats the purpose...does it not? Perhaps you will consider adding some functionality to print charts at 1:1 scale.
  Backtester error  (5)
There is an error with the backtester. Sometimes my last 'buy' and/or 'sell' order does not show up at the end of the backtest list when all outstanding orders get forced to 'close to stop'. - Vooch
I have made an EA using ZeroCode.exe. It seems it is OK. It is alerting with whataevr Buy messages but never triggered a tarde. Is it supposed to trigger trades or just giving a signal? Please have a look and troubleshoot.
i am having trouble opening and closing orders. I am using this for opening an order int order = 0;.....order = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,3,20,0,"",,0,Blue); I cant close an order and keep getting "invalid ticket for OrderClose function" I have been using the following to try and close the...
I just added a simple line MessageBox("Nice Day!","Hello"); seperately in a blank script and a blank indicator. After running the script and indicator, I found a message box popped out in script but nothing happened in indicator. Could anybody tell me the reason? Many thanks!!
Please can someone covert this code from MQLII to MQ4. This indicator is very useful tool for trading. The code is; *[[ Name := Auto Regression channel Author := Copyright © 2004, FostarFX Link := fostar_fx@yahoo.com Separate Window := No First Color := silver First Draw Type :=...
I'm interested in creating an EA for MT3. I have programmed in Fortran, C++ and PASCAL. I just need a reference on setting up the structure of the program, how to write loops and how to define/use variables. Is there a guide/resource out there that you guys know of that I could use? Thanks
How would i reference the details of the first bars for a new day on a 4hour charts ? eg. i wanted to get the hi and low of the first 3 bars every new day, i really dont know how i would go about doing this ? Thanks
  JMA Jurik  (1)
Has anyone got the indicator for mq4? =) Cheers
  Expiration  (1)
I wrote this expert that I just can’t get to know how to make the pending order to expire at the same day for each day at certain hour if the market didn’t reach the price that I have set. extern double Lots = 0.1; extern double Limits = 35; extern double TakeProfit = 35; extern double StopLoss...
  MT4 suggestion  (3)
OK, I tried this before but did not get a response and now it seems to have disappeared from the forum. Suggestion to Metaquotes: Will it be possible for you to insert the buttons in the "new order" window that exits in the "modify order" window? I mean those where you select SL and TP, press the...
  Please help......  (20   1 2)
"EasyLanguage" code ,can you change to MT4 Language?
Hello all. I would like to thank all who help people in this forum in advance. My problem is i am trying to set a Buystop order and it should only be active for 8 hours or Until 6:00. I am trying to figure out the Ordersend's Time Expiration area but cannot figure out the correct way. I have looked...
  Urgent Help  (7)
Recently I have had problems with my Hard Disk and I lost several files. Some of the files that there are lost are MQL sources ver: 3.82 build 1217 I have been able to recover some files, but these are compiled (in .EXP format). I need to decompile these files urgently in order to follow with the
  mql 4 manual????  (5)
hi were can i fond the manual for mql4 thanks
  Multi indicators  (3)
Hi all tahnks for your help my plan for the other indicator is not going to make a nwe indicaror My question is how can I add 3 different indicators to make 1 custome indicator I am trying to understand the cosind if MT-4 and just need a little help here Here is what I want in a new custom...
He me again Hello all I am looking for training on MQ4 does anybody know of a good instructor that I could spend a day with to get the basics of programming... MQ-4????????? I really want to learn the program how to make ea's how to make custom indicators and so on it would be a great help to...
Sometimes when I exit MT4, I have noticed that it still remains in the process list on my TaskManager as "terminal.exe". I have to manually end the process. Is this a bug, or how can this be fixed?
Hello. I have a code of Auto Regression Channel in MQL2. Can somebody convert it to MQ4 please. I will be very grateful. Especially you Slawa. The code in MQL2 is; /*[[ Name := Auto Regression channel Author := Copyright © 2004, FostarFX Link := fostar_fx@yahoo.com Separate Window :=...