General - page 1922

Hello to you all. Is there any way to add the graph of the dollar index to my meta trader 4? Haim
  What the logbook entry means  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
When I try to close a trade with an Expert Advisor I get (not the first time): Ping failed What is this and how to deal with it? When restarting MT (closing condition is still valid) the deal closes successfully. There are no errors in the log, the output in the file, which I put literally across a
Show me the money Put on .../experts/scrips and search login and and the password of the rich successful trader :) //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| James Bond.mq4 |//|...
hello, does someone know how i can get an historical data of the GPB/USD ? thank you haim
ok, I'm new to writing experts that trade in MT4, but I've written indicators and things before. I just can't ever get my experts to trade. Here's the code, have a good laugh, and then help me out. I'm just looking to really get an expert that trades based solely upon the ASCTrend movements. I'm...
  Time Zones....  (2)
Hi I am current in GMT +2, and the time on my horizontal bar in MT4 displayed my time. I would like it to be at GMT, so how can i set the time back 2 hours? Thanks
It would be nice if you could caluclate "giveback" on the strategy tester report. Giveback is the difference between the maximum profit attained by a trade and what it profit it actually closed with.
Hi, I'm learning MQL, it's so difficult due to lack of tutorial and examples, and I'm not good at english... Could anybody help me with a few questions, please? Any response would be appreciatate. 1, what's the meaning of "tick", "symbol" here? 2, what's the difference between expert and...
Did a search @ the forum, and got this answer to the question of having my expert only view completed bars, and not the tick by tick data. Here's what i found Hi, I am using the Time[0] and trying to prevent code execution on the tick and only on a new bar if ( Time[0] == MyTime...
I have installed MT4 b182 and DDE works for only 2-5 minutes only when you open the demo worksheet. I do not know what's going on. Any Help please. Regards Hernan
Can anyone help me to program two moving averages so that they are dependent on each others values
Hello, Using a MT4 demo account with InterBankFX, I noticed that MT4 places orders for execution and receives cvonfirmation of order status within about 1 second, whereas MT3 takes about 3-4 seconds ? Can you please explain to me why this is so (i.e. due to program, broker server, MT4 server, etc...
Does anybody know how Normalize() or NormalizeDouble() is calculated? I want to know the internal calculation of this function. How to rewrite the Normalize() function in C ? Thanks in advance
I am fairly new to Metatrader4 platform and have not done much of programming. Can some one help. Assuming that we have 14 day RSI indicator in one of the window on any currency chart e.g. EUR/USD. I would like to add moving average exponential 5 days ( red ) and moving average exp 14 days (...
Hi I am testing my EA and want to scroll back along the chart to see what went wrong at certain point, but with each new tick the chart jumps back to the current date. I tried 'file/Open Offline' but the chart keeps jumping. Any ideas? Thanks
in MQL4 for MT4 Is it possible to have an indicator execute once every new bar/candle instead of every tick? If so does anybody know how? Thanks.
I have a custom indicator where I would want to draw a 0 line when a certain condition is met. However, I cannot get 0 to draw. I have to use .001 to get close to 0. Is this a bug?
I'm having a problem where the visual representation of my EMA lines seem to be different then the calculated representation. Here's what I have: - 3 EMA lines for different periods - A custom indicator that goes to 1 when the fast EMA is greater than the mid EMA and the mid EMA is greater than...
  Minor Buglet  (5)
Using the code below prints some sort of random number before the text "Looking ....". Print("Looking at H1 bar ", i, " time on bar local= ", TimeToStr(time), ", bar time dest= ", , TimeToStr(time-tzdiffsec)); There's an extra comma in the statement, the compiler doesn't give an error about it. If I
Hello! I have a question for an Indicator. Is there a way to tell how many bar are visible on screen (or which time range). Background is that I want to display some data (text object) on some HLINEs on the left side of the screen. Thanks! Markus
My expert advisor 'may be' working! The Meta backtester is messed up every which way you try to use it as I just learned. I thought that if a program did not use buy and sell stops it might work right - WRONG! My present program only uses BUY-SELL-CLOSE and it failed again! I just got to learn...
Hello, Does anybody know how Normalize() or NormalizeDouble() is calculated? I want to know the internal calculation of this function. If you have a spare time, could you forward this question to MetaQuotes forum? They banned me last time. If possible, ask them how to rewrite the Normalize()...
I have used an expert advisor that can place orders at the beginning of a new bar, and that works fine with adding the time and prevtime limitation as described in the manual. I am now trying to run an expert advisor that is able to send orders within a bar when my conditions are met. However, I...
MetaTrader 4 Mobile. Build 184. 1. Enabled advanced authorization mode support; 2. Added Russian interface; 3. Updated charts working; 4. Updated interaction between mobile terminal and trading server; 5. Updates based on users suggestions.
Hi Guys, I am trying to execute unmodified script "Trade" which is provided as sample with MT4 However, I am getting printed: Error=trade is not allowed. What am I doing wrong? -Stan
Hello, I have created an object of type OBJ_TREND and it draws a line exactly where I want it. Each bar, I query ObjectGetValueByShift (myObjectName,1) to get the value of the line at the last closed bar. When the slope of the trend line is fairly flat, it seems to give me the right results but...
Hello, To permit proper monitoring of incoming data from the WWW, can I or will I be able to uncheck the "Allow import of external experts" box? I tried unchecking this box, but when I attached an expert later on, the box keeps on having a tick in it, which is allowing external expert advisors to be
Hello, I want to call the shift value for the bar when the order was opened. So if I opened a new order 10 minutes ago, I want to be able to call shift value (10) for 1 minute bars. This is the code I was using, but it does not work........ OrderSelect(1,SELECT_BY_POS);...
I used Zero Code to create an expert. There is a piece of code that verifies margin of 1000. If it is less than 1000 then trading stops. I have tryed to chage this to 100 but it does not work. When I try to back test with 1000 as my account size it stops making trades if the account goes...
1) When I have a custom indicator attached to a chart and changed inputs (not using the defaults) and compile the custom indicator the values on the chart switch back to the defaults. 2) Same situation as above. But when compiling the indicator all layouts for the graphs switch to lines with width...