General - page 1869

Hello, This is question regarding Error number 139 which states - ERR_ORDER_LOCKED 139 "The order has been locked and under processing. All attempts to make trading operations must be stopped, and the program logic must be changed." My concern is: If I get Error number 139 I want to avoid placing...
Hi, Would anyone be interested in coding this type of thing for an indictor? I have a set of indicators that I use for entry criteria, and if I could get an indicator of it's own that would show when all the criteria are met, that would be neat. I am using this on 1 min-5 min charts so not alot of...
  Slip or Slippage?  (11   1 2)
Hi Guys, Can someone please explain me what does SLIPPAGE means and what does it do????????? Thanks Babar
Hello Slawa, Just wanted to ask you if inserting the following code at the start of my EA is ok and correct? // if less than 100 bars on chart then Exit program. if (Bars<100) { Alert("Bars less than 100"); return(0); // exit program. } // if trade...
I create so far so good strategies that I would like backtested. I am looking for an individual that has backtesting down to a RELIABLE science in MT4. I spend to much time researching and creating EAs to take the time to backtest and log. If you are interested I am willing to give you the...
Hi Guys, Can someone please help me by making a simple EA...which places a BUY order few pips away from the current price.....e.g GBPUSD is 1.8000 what I want EA to do is place BUY order if price goes to 1.8100 and place SELL order if the price drops to 1.7900 with trailing stop.......i dont know...
  Invalid stop driving me nuts  (11   1 2)
I am getting an invalid stop every time my EA goes to trade. It is driving me nuts. I have posted the OrderSend code for you to look over. int ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lots,Bid,6,Bid+15*point,Bid-takeProfit*Point,"comment",283,0,CLR_NONE); int ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lots,Ask,6...
  Java  (2)
Hi, Anybody know if there's anyway for me to hook up the metatrader platform to call java methods from a class file. Is there a mediating program that can interact between a java class and the meta platform to avoid writing C++ dll files? Thanks..
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum but have been reading along for a while. I have been trying various strategies as posted by all of you. Thanks for all the help so far. I have been trading a demo account using interbankfx platform. I have done reasonably well for a beginner ( about 1-3000 per...
Since you are working on the dictionary improvements, it would be good idea to mark which function cannot be used in Script, Expert and Indicator. Knowing that the Indicator cannot use OrderSend() I was under an impression that I cannot use other Order....() functions. Last week I was pleasantly...
Hi Slawa, Just wondering if I can use sleep function to make EA "wait for 8 seconds" between trading operations, for example: If (Bid>High[1]) then Open Order 17; Sleep(8000); If (Bid<Low[1]) then Close Order 17; Just want to make sure that if I do this, that it will not cause...
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 193 will be released today, on 3 May, 2006. What’s new: 1. Fixed free margin check for demo accounts on symbols with margin currency differing from the symbol base currency. 2. Revised MetaEditor Dictionary.
Hi, can someone tell me the code so the simple example indicator I attach only issues an alert after the close of the candle if the signal stays valid and not keep alerting during the duration of the candle??? Thanks!
hi all, i need any one help me to put this indc LWMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4 in expert to trading live buy/sell plzzzzzzz and thanks so mutch..... LWMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum
Hi, say I have open orders of currency pairs A, B, and C. Is there a way to get the expert to recognize that there is no open order of currency pair D, and given the right conditions, to then open one? Or to see that there already is an trade open for currency par A and not open one? I'm wanting to...
New article "What the Numbers in the Expert Testing Report Mean" is published "What the Numbers in the Expert Testing Report Mean"
[Deleted]
HI can someone convert this EA to MT4? Can it be improved? Many thanks Kirsty
Hi Slawa, Got your message before and I dont see the problem with using sleep function between trading operations as a delay. This is the expert im using below, and it works fine on a demo account. Im now worried about what you said about "game for all money" what doies this phrase mean? Is...
  Cry for help!  (12   1 2)
I've asked about this many times, but so far noone has been able to help me. I use the Murray Math Lines F indicator for plotting the murray levels , but it has a couple of bugs that are a big inconvenience to me. First thing is that it doesn't refresh itself, and second is that it repaints the
Where can I find a list of the brokers which accept Meta Trader ? Is it posible to watch two or many fores pairs (eur/usd and usd/cad for ex.) at the same time, in the same expert advisor and to send an order if both pairs have a certain value ? Thank you !
  EA need yr support!  (12   1 2)
hi All Can you please help me in coding my EA, i need to place tow pending orders buystop and sellstop for each of the main currency pairs, at the same time, when ever i try to code that it gave me error #130, and always send one pending order buystop and never send the sellstop order at the same...
i try mt4 mobile for few days, but i can not found way to add custom indicator , like in regular mt4. There possibly to apply custom indicator to mobile mt4 ? thanks
Dear All Can you please help me in coding my EA, i need to place tow pending orders buystop and sellstop for each of the main currency pairs, at the same time, when ever i try to code that it gave me error #130, and always send one pending order buystop and never send the sellstop order at the same...
  Introduction  (9)
Hi, my name is Randy (user name RCBarlow). I am glad to have found this forum. I see I have tons of reading to do. I have never traded (successfully) before. Never attempted FX. I just downloaded and installed the Version 4 of the program. I have also downloaded several of the indicators someone...
[Deleted]
  How to fi  (5)
Can anyone on this forum answer the following questions which were posed on another forum. "Hi, Does someone know if there is a way to retreive the time at which a pending has been triggered ? I have many pending orders, and my problem is to know which opened order is the last trigered one, (to...
Hi Slawa, Just wondering if 6 seconds wait after placing order is long enough (to get confirmation of order placed and see the order in the trade terminal) ? within endless loop this is code im using: { RefreshRates(); OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots2,Ask,Slippage...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, Sorry to seem a bit dumb, I'm new to FX trading, but some expert advisors for MT4 would be appreciated for GBP/$, particularly breakout strategies. Thanks in advance.
Can anyone please help me to apply the Detrended Oscillator to MT4? I'm not a programmer myself. According to Joe DiNapoli the formula is: Detrended Oscillator= Close (Latest) minus 7 period Simple moving average . Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hello, I'm having some trouble getting MT4 strategy tester to work. I have attached my expert to daily chart (as my strategy uses daily candlesticks). I have imported some third party 5 minute candlestick data into MT4 going back to Jan. 1999. I have put a tick in the "recalculate" box...
Hi, I have imported all timeframes (1m,5m,15m,30m,60,240m and daily) into MT4. My intra-day data goes back to 1999 (7 years worth of data). My expert is about 1000 lines long. I am running the backtest now (and i know that it is calculating as my CPU is running at 50% capacity). However, I...