General - page 1722

Hello Salwa I know this question has been asked a lot. Is that possible to trade manually with strategy tester? If yes then How? If No then why i can do that?
Would someone here help me to modify the color of this good indi...to in red when the price go lower than the previous pric and to be white when the price go higher than the previous price....it is really very helpful for a newbie like me... here is the indi... [ATTACH]1294[/ATTACH] Regards, IIN
4:20 pm PDT Thursday August 16th 2007 No more market stuff till sunday morning. Brilliant week. Attached is my results.
The "manual confirmation" kicks in when an OrderSend is executed, that I know. But does it also kick in when an OrderCloseBy is executed? And when an OrderModify is executed?
I am trying to figure out how to make an oscillator plot one color for upward movement and another for down. Thanks!!
This to me is very strange as I am not interested sharing my source code and ex4 files.
Hi, does anyone have an indicator that highlights the market sessios by a shadow or lines asian/europian ..anyone please could help with that? thanks in advance
[Deleted]
I set my email alerts during the night to wake me up if a trade is setup. My alerts do not work for some reason when my computer sits for several hours. They work fine when I am on my computer. I have turned off hibernate, standby, and screen savers. Does anyone have experience with this problem ?...
look out for m5 candle today. i swear! this is the longest candle i ever seen!!
look out for m5 candle today. i swear! this is the longest candle i ever seen!!
I am wondering if someone could build and idicator that will plot the net pip value of up to 4 hedged pairs. Pair1( close - open) + Pair2 (close - open) = net pip value. I would like the results be plotted on a grid with a center line of zero,a top line 100 and bottom line = -100 I would like the...
SetIndexBuffer(6,ExtMapBuffer7); SetIndexStyle(6,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_DASH); Even with this above, the program still draws the MA as a solid line??? Can somebody enlighten me as to what is wrong with above??? Dave
Hello, I am new to MetaTrader and to the forums but I have been reading on this problem and cant seem to find the answer to my particular problem. I have tried enabling the "Use DDE Server" under the server tab. But when I open the DDE-sample xls file the cells turn from #N/A to N/A after a few...
Does anybody have or can somebody create me a utility indicator that displays the close value of a currency at the end of 23:00 GMT. I would like to use the value of the close to set my buy and sell stops with. Thanks if you would help me. Dave <<<
  Taking Profit!  (2)
Guy's & Gal's I am currently a scalping trader just before the European markets open. I have done well using my instincts. I have done some backtesting and I have found that if I had used a trailing stop I would increase my pips by 32.8735%. I am looking for a trailing Stop that I can set it to...
What's Your Greatest Trading Challenge ? I would like to start his first post by asking a question that I hope will benefit many people reading this. What is your greatest trading challenge.? To everyone reading this, it can bring many different thoughts to mind. But I think that if we can...
[Deleted]
As the price hits various defined targets I would like to close out x number of lots but only want this to occur one time at each level. i.e. Open buy position Price rises 30 pips above open -- Close one lot price then continues up to 60 PIPS above open -- Close one lot Then trade with a trailing
  Grid with values  (3)
Hello I am currecntly using this indicators. It simply just draws a box, so that I can trade the breakout of that box. What I would like is for it to display value of the horizontal lines as show in the pic. I manually added the white text. Preferbably I will be able to change the font size, colour...
On the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007, a new article by Rashid Umarov (Rosh), "Mathematics in Trading: How to Estimate Trade Results", has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/203/). A certain level of mathematical background is required of any trader, and this...
I am writing a little program in C# that is designed to get currency movement data from metatrader (via its DDE server), analyze that data, make a market prediction, and then send a request to metatrader to buy or sell a particular currency. I am having a little trouble having Metatrader place...
Please advise on how to use the history file (.hst) downloaded from your site for strategy testing. I would like to use by the minute data (M1) for 2005. Many thanks
I have been using MetaTrader for over 3 years now and I like it. But I am a bit upset/frustrated now. Could you help with the strategy tester? Or make that part Open Source so experienced programmers like myself can work on it and fix the bugs? I mean look at the results below (same data = data...
I get a crash when I try to open the metaeditor form the terminal application. There has been a critical error Time : 2007.08.12 11:59 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 208, 1 Aug 2007) Owner : MetaQuotes Software Corp. (MetaTrader) OS : Windows XP...
The "manual confirmation" kicks in when an OrderSend is executed, that I know. But does it also kick in when an OrderCloseBy is executed? And when an OrderModify is executed?
Please see the attached picture. Thanks!
Is there a simple EA that will execute a trade on a pairs price crossing an EMA or SMA? Thank you for your help!
[Deleted]
Hi All I need e-bullion and I will pay via paypal, can anyone supply me? PLease PM
  Hello all....  (5)
This is an EA I've been working on and I'm askin' advise how to decipher the report. I had a great drawdown -$1000+ using another strategy, but my EA saved the day... so far there are no losing trades using this EA I expect to hopefully see a few this week with the markets goin wild and such. After...