General - page 1671

Great EA for free!!!  (16   1 2)
I found this amazing strategy on the board: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178366 (Explanation at comment #24 on the page) I am trading this strategy for a couple of weeks now and had many good trades. The Exit is also working fine for me. (no big losses until now!) I just finnished learning MQL and...
Van Tharp's free test: once you've done the test and read about your Type and your 'Trading Strengths/Challenges', you can also read the about the other 12 Types
Hi, I downloaded this Bogie-NN-V88 EA and configured to default settings mentioned in document. It opened a trade few hours after starting this EA, it bought USDEUR 2.5 Mini lot (250$ worth of investment), it was progressing with good profit showing 20 $, then power got shut down, I restarted MT...
I want to say hello to the forum.I come from germany and I wanted to looking in this forum threads. But my english is teribble.
Are there any "Take Profit" EAs that close a trade when a certain profit level is reached rather than when a pip value is reached? I would like to be able to set the EA to close open trades when a "target" dollar value profit is achieved. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Hi, If you shift a SMA of 100 periods half a cycle to the left (-50), you get a great picture, which other type of MA comes close to this curve? I've tested a lot of things already and it seems that a JMA comes the closest. What do you guys think?
  Trading Group  (9)
I found a video from youtube which is an informative one. https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://youtube.com/watch?v=d9FEHjFMEkc. This trading group sounds very interesting. I heard that people are having good results with this. Anyone tried this one?
  Bar
Hi there, I've noticed some strange bar behaviour when launching the MT4 terminal with a pre-existing indicator on a chart. This is the output of a very simple indicator that just prints details of the last 5 bars in a chart every time the start() function is called. It is run on a 1 min chart...
Does anyone know what the monthly technical outlook is for the EUR, GBP and JPY currencies and for EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY pairs? Here's a good article from fxstreet, Monthly Technical Outlook
Does anyone know how to make a second buffer that is a Smooth Moving Average of the first buffer in the Accumulation/Distribution indicator? If so, how can it be done? Visually, what I want to see, I can do manually, but need it coded. To do it manually: 1. Place Accumulation/Distribution indicator
Hi, Is there any way how to detect whether the indicator is restarted from the compiling operation or from the editing property values drop down window?
  trading on 9/11  (1)
Hi, has anyone actively traded around 9/11? What was happening then? Which broker were you trading with? What about liquidity?
Hi, This certainly is not the most appropriate place for my post but I am sure it's gonna be of interest for many of us: Actually, it's said that in Forex you cannot lose more money than you have on you r trading account. But is that really the case? I mean, sure you're stopped out at one place...
  ProfitOnSymbol  (19   1 2)
I've created an indicator that others may or may not find useful. Essentially you no longer have to have the "trades" section at the bottom of your screen. It will show you the total profit and profit on that symbol, so there's no need to look down or have it enlarged. When big is set to "true" you...
Hi there, Question regarding #import Lets say I have an expert called myexpert.mq4 that has the following function definition... ///// Code for myexpert.ex4 expert #import "mylib.ex4" #import int AppFunc() { // Do some stuff return (0); } Notice that the "myexpert" expert imports a library called...
Someone passed me an EA that showed a reasonable equity curve backtested on eur/usd daily chart with the attached settings. Please feel free to try out different parameters values to obtain even better results and share the settings here so that everyone can benefit from it.
A Better Way To Code III think MT4 chart programs should be split up into 2 types: 1) DISPLAY or FRONT END 2) WORK or CALCULATORS The display programs would be: 1) Chart window plot 2) Separate window plot 3) DASHBOARD 4) Digital Compass 5) Gauge 6) Meter 7) Multi Meter 8) History bars The work...
Is there a way to get the time zone offset from GMT of the broker's charts from a command that can be used in indicators and experts? If not, could something to do this, be added to the next Build? For example it would be great if a function or command such as MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_GMT); or...
Hi, I would like to send email alerts to several emails at once. The Metatrader help file indicates that only one address will be picked up that is entered in the email tab under options. For example I tried "email1@server.com,email2@server.com" and of course no success. Will using the...
Hi all, I've been trying to find out what devices is actually supported. There is a wide range of Windows Mobile phones with different screen resolutions like: 240x240 240x320 320x240 640x480 800x480 Would Metatrader run on any of these? I am especially interested to know what happens at...
ObjectGet() can't return which window the object belongs to, when a script run on a subwindow, it even has no way to know which window it runs on? the subwindow's shortname? WindowOnDropped() only return the window id when using mouse dragging, thus it always return 0 when use hotkey to...
  Strato - RIP  (8)
Some of you may have known Strato, who used to post a lot at SBFX. I saw this notice in another forum. On Friday evening, June 6 2008, Craig Smith (a.k.a. Strato) passed away. He was a great friend and mentor to many people, and had a big heart. He suffered for over six months from non-hodgkins...
  Buffer problem  (7)
Hi all, I asked this question in another forum but it was moved, I think it was meant to be moved to this one but instead it got buried in another thread. I know a little about MQL programming but not enough to solve this problem! I'm trying to create an indicator with two buffers. The values held...
With the method that I trade, nothing is initiated until ADX rises above 30. In order not to have to remained glued to the computer, I was hoping that someone can code in an alert sound. I would like an alert sound to get my attention once ADX rises above 30. I've attached the indicator that I have...
I'm asking this as a general survey to see what kind of DD you would REALISTICALLY accept to gain 20% a week. (Realistic is the keyword there!) Just curious. Thanks! (No I'm not making 20% a week, just a question)
Hi, I'm always use EMA 50 as my major guideline for my entry and TP. EMA 50 can be temporary support & resistance. I'm using M1 chart to enter position and see how much the different current price from EMA 50 on M5 chart as my first target and M15 as next target. Can someone help me to do simple
Is there a way to set pending orders(s) to enter a single position with 4 lots and, at the same time, set orders to take profits at +50, +100, +150, +200. The 'help' mentions "opposite positions", but this does not appear in the "type" window as described. I have tried searching the forum without...
I have a very simple question, is anyone using futures (of the same currency) as an indicator on their spot trading strategy? Does anyone know if there are any indicators that plot available futures prices for the pair to the screen?
Hi there, Strings are a bit quirky in MQL and I am struggling with a bit of code that employs string references as parameters to functions. Rather than go into detail about the code in question, here is a simple example script that highlights the problem....