General - page 1666

Building a Trading Computer  (22   1 2 3)
Okay, reconnecting with my inner geek... Several of you have asked me about specs for building a powerful PC. While I do not claim to be an IT expert, I did recently build a trading workstation for myself, and am happy to share what worked and didn't work for me. Before we get started, for those of...
  Best 4 M1  (3)
I am trying to develop a good and consistant M1 scalping strategy. Would appreciate any help with reliable indicator suggestions for M1 trading.
Hi to ererybody in this Forex Help paradise. I am newbie to general online trading, I subscribed 2 days ago to fxfisherman forum, I read a lot of forex related topics, downloaded more than 17 indicators, I backtested them for a while and finally decided what combination of them to use. The whole...
we have some issues returning a string from a c++ dll exported function. the function is declared this way int __stdcall GetValueString( LPCTSTR key, char *value, int valuesize ) where value is a pointer to the string which will hold the returned value and valuesize contains the initial number of...
Sometimes, Traders can make really good calls and others times they are just lucky. The Sterling Dollar trade was a little of both. We recommended to SHORT GBP / USD at 2.0020 on the 23rd of July. Our inital TAKE PROFIT was at 1.9700, which was moved down to 1.9600 on last Friday, 31st of July. Last...
Im wondering if anyone has this or can code it. Im looking for a volatility breakout indicator such that when the range a single bar exceeds a multiple of the ATR then a signal is given (a mark on the chart preferably a up arrow for up breakout and down arrow for down breakout). Id liek to be able...
  recalculate needed  (11   1 2)
On my development metatrader platform I am normaly not connected to server, so I don't want to recalculate. Plus if I did recalculate it won't change anything as my data has not changed. It is just a wast of time. Please put back in the recalculate again.
Can anyone tell me where I can get the days High, Low, and close and be able to put in an excel file, copy and paste. to be used for daily adr range calculations. Thanks Lou Keep on Pippin
Hi Folks This system if followed can work for scalping It should make a good 10 pips a day .A good trader only needs to make 10 pips daily @2 lots /$20 per pip = $200 per day to make a living.There is no E a at present but any coder here is free to post a good quality Expert advisor This system...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008, an article A Month of Registration Is Behind Us has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2008/news/370/). 31 days have passed since the Registration started. Over one thousand people have applied for the Registration in the Third...
  I need custom EA  (8)
Hi. First of all, English is not my native language, so hope you understand. I have been study this Braintrend2Sig Indicator about 8 month now, and it works bretty fine 4h charts. And I think that the Best pairs is GPYJPY and EURJPY. I know the signal is little late, but it dont matter when there...
  Amazing signal  (5)
Visit Forex Blog to see unbelievable daily signal Signal update: 01 Aug EUR/CHF SELL at: 1.6340 - EUR/USD BUY at: 1.5540 - USD/CAD SELL at: 1.0260 - USD/JPY SELL at: 107.90 - GLD BUY at: 905.00
I have a custom indicator that draws objects in the indicator window but they appear "squashed" (very short). Is there a way to control the minimum/maximum limits from within the indicator? If I set the limits manually the indicator is correct but I need to control this from within the code. TIA
I have a request for a new feature that would make MT4 even more amazing. This is the ability to create LAYOUT TEMPLATES for the trading platform , different than the chart templates...so please keep reading.. (this is very similar to other leading software programs.) EXAMPLE: I click my 1st Layout
On 7/14/08, we recommended to SHORT AUD/ USD at 0.9735. Currently, we are trading at 0.9435 and have 300 pips on this particular trade. We mentioned before that this currency pair pays heavy swaps daily and we would most likely take the trade off before it reaches its intended target of 0.9300....
I am just wondering if there are any plans for more bar types, like momentum bars, volume bars, and it would be nice if you could get tick data too. Anyway, I was just wondering if there are any plans for to add any of these in the future? Thanks
New York , July 29, 2008 The FXCM Group has released its most recent balance sheet. Thenumbers reflect the group's financial strength and status as of June30, 2008. Highlights include: Over $95 Million in Capital (Assets Minus Liabilities) Over $125 Million In Operating Cash (Excludes Client...
Dear Traders, I had plans to make the signal service comermcial but later I have changed my mind and now signals I put are free. The free service which I provide is very new and I need evaluators. I would appreciate if you visit the blog I have started and give me your contructive critique. What do...
i want to try the mt4 mobile, however i can't open an new DEMO account? the terminal shows blank password_and_login_fields~ ~ HOW TO solve this? THANKYOU
  New Order  (3)
I have a strange problem, I have perfectly running MT4 everything is a OK except that when I have returned to my station after my diner I was not able to activate "New Order" menu by any means. I have tried usual fixes like restart and even downloading new MT4 from my broker and after installation...
Does someone have an indicator which will isolate a three bar reversal pattern ? Thanks
Unable to drag MA into a RSI Cannot find where to select "Previous Indicator Data" option. My MA only gets applied to the Data Chart, even when unchecking the box "Show in Data Window". From the help tool bar: To do so, one has to draw AO indicator first, and then, using Drag`n`Drop technique,...
Hi, I really need an indictor that will draw short lines to show the triangles. I'm attaching an image for you to see. I really hope someone can help and make this indicator for me. Thank you
Why is the memory usage is so drastically different on these two brokers? Same EA and same build (Ver. 4.00 Build 217). Memory Usage Broker 882,936K Alpari (so much memory used) 17,808K Interbank Is this normal or a bug?
hi guys, do we have a thread in indonesian language? sorry, coz my english is very bad
hi, recently discovered TinyXP a stripped-down version of XP which is much smaller than the original and said to run much faster anyone using one of the several versions and what's your opinion ?
  MT4 and browsers  (4)
hi, some order-entry/charting programs require Internet Explorer to be installed in order for the software to work does IE have to be installed to run MT4 ? want to replace IE with FireFox and ThunderBird
This is my first expert. It uses 6 rsi's. The entries seem fine but I have not benn able to get it to exit corrrectly. It is supposed to exit on the cross at the 4hr rsi. Could some one help me fine the problem please?
Hi, This video of a GBP/USD buy setup shows you how I look for a trading opportunity: Forex Trade GBP/USD Buy Example, July 25, 2008 In looking for trading opportunities, it's important to use a consistent trading plan. I know this from my 25+ years of professional trading. Start with top down...
Hi Guy's Is there any indicator which indicates Us to take profit and to close our trade? If there is than plz can somebody post it here??? Your help will be highly appreciated. I have a exiting problems in Past and still now. Thank's PipHacker!!!