Marketplace licence for free products / possibility to change fee from free to e.g. 10$

Hello,

I am thinking about selling an indikator in the mql5 market place. Relating to this I have the following questions:

• If the indicator is provided for free, did the user confirm any kind of licence (e.g. like not to decompile it or to change the code) by the general rules of the marketplace, because I didn´t see anything to agree on downloading free products (without the need of a valid login)?
  • Is it possible to change the fee from initially free to e.g. 10$ per month after the product is already placed in marketplace for free, so users can use the indicator completly for free (not "only" in strategy tester) until the fee is changed?

If it´s possible to change the fee from free to 10$:

• Is it possible for users they already downloaded the free version to use it further without purchasing it?
  • What will happen with the ENUM_LICENSE_TYPE in code of the indicator. Will licence type still "LICENSE_FREE" or will it changed to "LICENSE_TIME" automaticly without updating the version after changing the fee from initially free to 10$ per month?

Thanking you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Martin 

Hi Martin,

I do not have my personal experience about it but from what I was reading - the price can be changed and it is affected on new clients only.
If I am wrong so sorry ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Changing product price after selling

Ronnie Mansolillo, 2013.10.11 16:49

yes you can always change the price. just make the request to the "moderator's comments" section iinside your product.

_martin_:

Hello,

I am thinking about selling an indikator in the mql5 market place. Relating to this I have the following questions:

• If the indicator is provided for free, did the user confirm any kind of licence (e.g. like not to decompile it or to change the code) by the general rules of the marketplace, because I didn´t see anything to agree on downloading free products (without the need of a valid login)?
  • Is it possible to change the fee from initially free to e.g. 10$ per month after the product is already placed in marketplace for free, so users can use the indicator completly for free (not "only" in strategy tester) until the fee is changed?

If it´s possible to change the fee from free to 10$:

• Is it possible for users they already downloaded the free version to use it further without purchasing it?
  • What will happen with the ENUM_LICENSE_TYPE in code of the indicator. Will licence type still "LICENSE_FREE" or will it changed to "LICENSE_TIME" automaticly without updating the version after changing the fee from initially free to 10$ per month?

Thanking you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Martin 

free until the fee is changed?

you can not change the deal after.

but I agree market lags some better options here

Reason: