Using 2 EA's on a FX pair

I am using an EA to determine and trade on extreme prices. Although this has a SL built in I would like to use an additional EA (Trade Protector) to add a proportional SL. I have an additional window showing the FX pair in the same timeframe with the Trade Protector running but its not working.

I am using MT4 Terminal and have ticked the box "Allow import of external experts" (not sure if this is correct).

Could someone assist?

jocopley:

I am using an EA to determine and trade on extreme prices. Although this has a SL built in I would like to use an additional EA (Trade Protector) to add a proportional SL. I have an additional window showing the FX pair in the same timeframe with the Trade Protector running but its not working.

I am using MT4 Terminal and have ticked the box "Allow import of external experts" (not sure if this is correct).

Could someone assist?

Check the journal tab and see what error is reporting there. 

Francis Dogbe:
Check the journal tab and see what error is reporting there. 

Thanks for your reply. I see no error there. It looks like they are both running..

Do you know how to backtest with two EA's? i.e. One to initiate the trade and the other to protect it and manage stops. 

jocopley:

Thanks for your reply. I see no error there. It looks like they are both running..

Do you know how to backtest with two EA's? i.e. One to initiate the trade and the other to protect it and manage stops. 

Not possible 

jocopley:

Please send screenshot of the two EAs

Stuart Browne:
Not possible 

Question answered. Thanks.

jocopley:

Question answered. Thanks.

Stuart,

When using the above scenario and forward testing is there anything I have to do to ensure that both EA's work together?

jocopley:

Stuart,

When using the above scenario and forward testing is there anything I have to do to ensure that both EA's work together?

That really depends on how the EAs logic works mate. But the first thing I would suggest is to make sure they're both using the same magic number. 

Stuart Browne:
That really depends on how the EAs logic works mate. But the first thing I would suggest is to make sure they're both using the same magic number. 
The trade protector doesn't have a magic number. Does that mean it will not work with the trade maker or will work with everything?

jocopley:
The trade protector doesn't have a magic number. Does that mean it will not work with the trade maker or will work with everything?
Without seeing the code, I really can't tell you sorry. Have you tried contacting the author?

Stuart Browne:
Without seeing the code, I really can't tell you sorry. Have you tried contacting the author?
Could I send it to you - would you mind?
Reason: