Get in touch with developers using Service Desk! - page 115

why downloading MT4 results in downloading MT5??????????????????????????????

@Alamdar #: why downloading MT4 results in downloading MT5??????????????????????????????

Please search 🔍 before you post.

Metatrader 4 is no longer being developed and you can only download it from brokers that still support it. Consider upgrading to MetaTrader 5.

i  want to share signals i am aplying for the sellers acount but not reciving the the verifaction code plz help

9764315 #:

i  want to share signals i am aplying for the sellers acount but not reciving the the verifaction code plz help

There is one thread with the general advices about what to do -

What to do if I am not receiving the verification SMS from MQL5.com to my phone?
    What to do if I am not receiving the verification SMS from MQL5.com to my phone?
    • www.mql5.com
    Please check the following: Ensure network coverage is strong Ensure the mobile number/s are not in roaming (in that case delivery is not guarantee...

Hello,

I am looking for information or documentation on API related to Economic Calendar which I can use in our website. Do you provide such API? If yes then please share details.

Regards,

Neha

@nehakjain2005 #: I am looking for information or documentation on API related to Economic Calendar which I can use in our website. Do you provide such API? If yes then please share details.
    There is no API for use in 3rd party websites. There is only the widget. Go to the Economic Calendar webpage and in the top right there i a large green button with the words "Add to website".
    Economic calendar widget
    Economic calendar widget
    • www.mql5.com
    Set (customize) and place the economic calendar widget on your website with automatic updates in real time.

Hi,

I'm experiencing error 1003 and when I looked into Trade Server Return Codes, Compiler Warnings, Compilation Errors, Runtime Errors I don't fine any error with that number. On log file it only shows this message,

1 13:22:22.896 Network '4792874': connection to [Broker Name] lost

2 13:22:23.129 Virtual Hosting failed to get list of virtual hosts [1003] (http - read first answer failed)

0 13:22:23.133 Network '4792874': disconnected from [Broker Server]

Where can I description of this error?

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings / Trade Server Return Codes
    Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Codes of Errors and Warnings / Trade Server Return Codes
    • www.mql5.com
    Trade Server Return Codes - Codes of Errors and Warnings - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Luandre Ezra #:

Hi,

I'm experiencing error 1003 and when I looked into Trade Server Return Codes, Compiler Warnings, Compilation Errors, Runtime Errors I don't fine any error with that number. On log file it only shows this message,

Where can I description of this error?

1. Community tab of Metatrader

I found in one of your thread that it may be related to the following:

MQL5.community authorization failed

It means that you should check the filling of Community tab of Metatrader with the confirmation of this filling in Metatrader journal.

----------------------

2. Firewall and antivirus software

There is one thread in Russian forum, and this thread is not fully related to your issue, but I was reading the thread and found that anti-virus software and/or firewall in your computer which may stop the connection with this error 1003.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Strange behavior of WebRequest in MT5 - after some time it gives an error.

Ilyas , 2022.05.16 13:32

1003 - internal error in WebRequest implementation

You can check what error description is returned in the result parameter of the WebRequest function.

It was discovered that this error 1003 was related to the broker in that situation (which was described on the thread) - post

But in general situation in local computer: check firewall and disable antivirus (to check about where this error is coming from).
    How to disable anti-virus? It is not enough to close anti-virus software in computer because this software is still running after you close it. So, it is neccessary (after closing anti-virus program) - press ctrl-alt-del one time (press one time only!) - Task Manager and remove antivirus software from Processes. So, it may be the reason too.

----------------------

3. WebView2

Some users were/are having some situation which may be related to your issue, and their situation was solved after they installed Microsoft Edge WebView2 (and some of those traders used Windows 10 which should supply WebView2 by default together with Micrisoft Edge ... but seems - not for them in their Windows version for example):

Login window on MT5 does not appear

hk.trade, 2024.02.01 22:12

I had similar issue before and it got resolved by installing Microsoft Edge Webview2.

Hopefully this works for you -- download link below

Microsoft Edge WebView2 | Microsoft Edge Developer

----------------------

4. TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2 protocols

It is not fully related to error 1004 but just in case to keep everything in one place.

There is one thread in Russian forum (this thread) where the user was having several issues with MT5 (incl "proxy was asked during the installation of MT5 on Windows 10 64-bit), and he was trying to understand and analyze those issues to solved them. He discovered that he must install/enable TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2 protocols (and he was explaining about what exactly he did to fix the issues).

But it was reply of admin about the following:

MetaTrader5 asks for a proxy server during installation ( PROBLEM SOLVED, see How to enable and disable TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2 protocols)

Renat Fatkhullin , 2023.12.25 19:41

There is no need to change anything in the registry, since the installer has not used Secure Channel for a long time.

Take the latest installer from this site and try to install.

Do not use ancient installers taken or saved from third-party sites.

Reasons why the proxy window appears:

1. Very ancient installer (use the latest official one)
    2. An outdated installer from a non-existent broker/sub-broker was used - the most common reason
    3. The network does not work (make sure other programs work with the network normally)
    4. OS updates have not been installed (often they install a bare Windows 7/10 distribution and think that this is enough)

Anyway, if you were trying to install MT5 (or already installed it) from outdated installer, or from some non-existent broker's website, etc to the Windows version which was not fully/totally updated so the instruction about how to install/enable TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2 protocols, for example (yes - it is for Windows 10 and Windows 11 as well):

• this website in Russian;
    • use google to find the results with "how to enable TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2 protocols" for the English language for example.

I have dealing with this problem quite some time and I tried a lot of things that it may appear working from,allow app through firewall, Re-installing metatrader5, login in MQL5.community and the problem still persist. After do what I said before the problem seems fixed but at the next day it appears again. I don't do any WebRequest what so ever, I just open MT5 to do optimization. Will try your other suggestion Sergey, thank you.

Already done everything from login to MQL5 community tab, Reinstalling MT5, allow app through firewall, installing webview2 already installed and enable TLS and the problem still persist. Will continue to look for the solution.
    Reason: