Reference to an Indicator - page 4

the codebase is your friend, here's one of my basic publications which uses copybuffer and icustom

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/46924

You can find many examples. Especially the "code for beginners" series, you might not be a beginner coder generally speaking, but that's aside from the point if it's helpful code.

How you use CopyBuffer in an EA in MQL5 is much different than how you use CopyBuffer in an indicator. In an EA you only care about 1 bar, in an indicator you use rates_total (all bars/rates)

MT5 CCI with shift parameter
MT5 CCI with shift parameter
  • www.mql5.com
The default CCI in MT5 doesn't have the shift parameter. This script implements the shift.

Conor Mcnamara #:

the codebase is your friend, here's one of my basic publications which uses copybuffer and icustom

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/46924

You can find many examples. Especially the "code for beginners" series, you might not be a beginner coder generally speaking, but that's aside from the point if it's helpful code.

How you use CopyBuffer in an EA in MQL5 is much different than how you use CopyBuffer in an indicator. In an EA you only care about 1 bar, in an indicator you use rates_total (all bars/rates)

Thanks, It was helpful but the point is my indicator A is a higher time frame indicator (MN) and I want to use it in lower time frame (D1) so it takes time to get ready the indicator A. 

Do you have any Idea how to say "wait until indicator A is ready", I don't want to start count bars in indicator B in D1 until indicator A is ready.

Asa Sh #:

Thanks, It was helpful but the point is my indicator A is a higher time frame indicator (MN) and I want to use it in lower time frame (D1) so it takes time to get ready the indicator A. 

Do you have any Idea how to say "wait until indicator A is ready", I don't want to start count bars in indicator B in D1 until indicator A is ready.

You could try to use CopySeries

bool CheckSufficientBars()
{
    // Define number of bars to wait before considering indicator A ready
    int bars = 500; 

double buf_a[];
    double buf_b[];
    ArrayResize(buf_a, bars);
    ArrayResize(buf_b, bars);

// Copy the series data for the required number of bars
    int copied_a = CopySeries(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1, 0, bars, COPY_RATES_CLOSE, buf_a);
    int copied_b = CopySeries(Symbol(), PERIOD_D1, 0, bars, COPY_RATES_CLOSE, buf_b);

if(copied_a >= bars && copied_b >= bars){
        return true; 
    }
    else {
        return false; 
    }
}

Conor Mcnamara #:
You could try to use CopySeries

Thanks to you, my problem got solved by this way :)

Thanks everybody else

Reason: