Robot running monitoring

Hello everyone

I'm new here and would like to ask for help with a problem. I'm using a robot that I didn't write myself, so I can't modify it. I'd like to monitor its execution from another EA running on another chart, which I did write and can modify. So I need to know whether the first robot is assigned to the first chart, if it's active (blue cap) and if it's running. How should I tackle this in a smart way? Thank you in advance for your help!

Gyoztes

There is no way to know whether it is active unless it is manipulating trades (open, move stops, etc.).

Is first robot ex5 or mq5?

ex5

You'll have to rely on observing its effects or utilizing external indicators of its activity.

Thank you for your fast reply!

Sometimes this trading robot doesn't run for 1-2 days, so if I only monitor the trades, I may not receive timely information that it's not running. Additionally, if it's in an open position and stops in the meantime, I won't know that for a while either, which could quickly become a problem. I've already solved monitoring the terminal's operation using a web request.

gyozteske:

Hello everyone

I'm new here and would like to ask for help with a problem. I'm using a robot that I didn't write myself, so I can't modify it. I'd like to monitor its execution from another EA running on another chart, which I did write and can modify. So I need to know whether the first robot is assigned to the first chart, if it's active (blue cap) and if it's running. How should I tackle this in a smart way? Thank you in advance for your help!

Gyoztes

Hello.
For a similar though not exact problem,i did something like this. Code the new EA to track orders of magic number of main EA (for example, after few minutes) and as long as those orders are being modified, closed or opened, you  get notified by your ea. I preferred telegram over sounds,emails, etc. As others mentioned, i do not think you can monitor *blue* status
Hope this helps you a bit

Thank you! Not bad! I'll do it in first round but I hope / thought there is a "ping" function to the the main EA...

I have done as you instructed - I have read out the last activity from the trade and history screens. However, the data I'm seeing (across 4 terminals) is from hours ago. Do you have any better suggestions for getting more up-to-date information more quickly?

Reason: