New MetaTrader 5 platform build 4260: General improvements - page 3

Vladislav Andruschenko #:

This problem occurs periodically in different builds. (for example in 2020)

Now the problem has reappeared.

The problem is that files are sent to the VPS server once.

If you change the settings, then new files (in which global variables are recorded, for example) are no longer sent.

Is it related to global variables (post )?

I do not have MQL5 VPS now so I can not practically help in this situation.
But as far as I know -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL VPS update with EA issue

Sergey Golubev, 2022.12.29 14:32

There is one article: How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting 

And it is written about the following:

Terminal global variables are not migrated to the virtual hosting. If you need to initialize lots of variables when starting a program, you can use reading from files that can be passed using the "#property tester_file" directive.

So, the global variables should not be transfered ... but this article was written many years ago and it may be some changes in this situation, for example:

Switch VPS Servers with open trades

Eleni Anna Branou, 2022.05.23 10:42

If you change your MQL5 VPS server the global variables will change and this will not allow your EA to manage its trades properly, so its highly advised to do so with no open trades.

-------------------

Anyway, according to this article - it should be not transfered by default.

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 4260: General improvements - Trader 5 platform update to be released next year
New MetaTrader 5 platform build 4260: General improvements - Trader 5 platform update to be released next year
  • MetaQuotes
  • www.mql5.com
The metatrader 5 platform update will be released on friday, march 22, 2024. The web platform update provides fixes to limit setting procedures for exchange instruments. Mql5: fixed error that could cause the incorrect operation of chartget* functions under certain conditions

Sergey Golubev #:

Is it related to global variables (post )?

I do not have MQL5 VPS now so I can not practically help in this situation.
But as far as I know -

So, the global variables should not be transfered ... but this article was written many years ago and it may be some changes in this situation, for example:

-------------------

Anyway, according to this article - it should be not transfered by default.

Yes, I have been working with VPS for a long time. mainly to ensure that the programs there work correctly. I know about global variables. Only data files (text) can be sent to the server. everything worked well before. ....

Nguyen Van Luong #:

I used MessageBox() in a Services project. If Remove Service and Add Service again then MessageBox() works. But Stop and Start again then MessageBox() not works. Both for your code and mine.

Thank you for your report
Fixed

Ilyas #:

Thank you for your report
Fixed

Installation Failed [405]

Vladislav Andruschenko, 2024.04.09 10:02

I confirm!

I can’t install from the market 405

And renew(update)  from the market!

Absolutely all products

I'm already logged in to the community!

2024.04.09 09:57:43.068 MQL5 Market     Start downloading free product '***************************************'

2024.04.09 09:57:43.644 MQL5 Market     failed send request downloading product ' ************************************** ' [405]

2024.04.09 09:58:01.598 MQL5 Market     Start download of the purchased product ' ************************************** '

2024.04.09 09:58:02.178 MQL5 Market     failed send request downloading product ' ************************************** ' [405]

MetaTrader 5 4270 

Windows 11 23H2     ОС 22631.3374   Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0

P/S/ In MetaTrader 4 - everything is ok.

Hi,

Since this build I have a problem with:

initial_volume=HistoryOrderGetDouble(ticket,ORDER_VOLUME_INITIAL); 

This stopped working at once : it returns 0 volume always which is completely wrong.

About GPT4 Omni -

New version of the MetaTrader 5 platform build 4260: general improvements

Vitaliy Kuznetsov , 2024.05.14 08:51

GPT4 Omni has become 2 times cheaper, faster and better quality. Context window 128k.

If the old version of GPT is still running in the meta editor, then it’s time to update

Reason: