Can anyone help with Bollinger Bands MT5 to use with other MA methods?

By default, MA method in Bollinger Bands (BB) is set to use with Simple Moving Average. Is there any custom BB that its MA method can be changed to other method like Exponential MA, Smoothed MA, Linear Weighted?

One BB MT5 used in general attached below. I do appreciate if you can help or share with another one that the MA method is changeable.

Moving Average - Trend Indicators - Technical Indicators - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Moving Average Technical Indicator shows the mean instrument price value for a certain period of time. When one calculates the moving average...

As far as I know, BB are nothing else than MA +- std deviation, so you can easily recreate it.

You can code a custom indicator or ask someone to code it for you (Freelance section) if you are not able to do.

You don't even need a custom indicator. You can remove the plot of the middle band (don't make it visible), and then add an EMA line with whatever length you want. No code necessary 

phade #:
You don't even need a custom indicator. You can remove the plot of the middle band (don't make it visible), and then add an EMA line with whatever length you want. No code necessary 
Yeah great idea, so you will see std dev applied to SMA and an EMA, a total messy thing, other than wrong.

I think the idea is to apply std dev to EMA, or LWMA and so, modifying values of bands too.

I thought I read that he only wanted to change the middle band, I read the post wrong

I feel this thread is very similar to this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/451398

However you're looking for a way to change the MA type on input. I think of the "iMaonArray" function, although this does not seem to be native to MQL5 (someone did make some unofficial "MT5 compatible" rendition, although it causes extreme lag when implemented)

Need help !! I need to change the core indicator of bollinger bands to EMA
Need help !! I need to change the core indicator of bollinger bands to EMA
  • www.mql5.com
But i can't change to ema mode because I can't get the prev_value...

Fabio Cavalloni #:
As far as I know, BB are nothing else than MA +- std deviation, so you can easily recreate it.

You can code a custom indicator or ask someone to code it for you (Freelance section) if you are not able to do.

I've got an idea. Thanks.

phade #:

Thank you for your comment.

phade #:

I feel this thread is very similar to this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/451398

However you're looking for a way to change the MA type on input. I think of the "iMaonArray" function, although this does not seem to be native to MQL5 (someone did make some unofficial "MT5 compatible" rendition, although it causes extreme lag when implemented)

Thanks.

Reason: