Sunset programming?

There are often headlines predicting the end of the programming era. They say that AI and neural networks won't stand a chance against humans. I used to mockingly read such articles, but now I am not laughing. After all, Objects (which OOP creates) consist of parameters, like bodies of particles, and are connected by links. Parameters and links do not have to be described in code, especially - in different languages. They can be assembled in the studio with a set of visual tools and any program can be written that way. I wonder why development has not gone this way...

Реter Konow:

There are often headlines predicting the end of the programming era. They say that AI and neural networks won't stand a chance against humans. I used to read such articles with derision, but now I am not laughing. After all, Objects (which OOP creates) consist of parameters, like bodies of particles, and are connected by links. Parameters and links do not have to be described in code, especially - in different languages. They can be assembled in the studio with a set of visual tools and any program can be written that way. I wonder why the development didn't go this way...

no...not likely...in the next 10 years for sure)

AI as such does not exist, and neural networks do exactly what the creator says through its structure.Pure creativity can only be done by humans so far.Neural networks are still far away from that, and AI has not been invented yet)) So live on!=))

Реter Konow:

There are often headlines predicting the end of the programming era. They say that AI and neural networks won't stand a chance against humans. I used to mockingly read such articles, but now I am not laughing. After all, Objects (which OOP creates) consist of parameters, like bodies of particles, and are connected by links. Parameters and links do not have to be described in code, especially - in different languages. They can be assembled in the studio with a set of visual tools and any program can be written that way. I wonder why development has not gone this way...

On the contrary, I read that the 4th industrial revolution will make programmers the "main" profession, ahead of bankers and oilmen.

)) Yes, that's reassuring. ))

However, let me give you an example of where the "sunset" might start:

I deal a lot with GUI controls and know their structure by heart.

So, let's take a slider for example. It consists of three objects - a base, a track and a slider.

Each of these objects is a rectangular marker.

The marker is an object of six (conditional) parameters - name, x, y, w, h, colore (name, coordinates, length, height, colour).

We make these parameters a template. They are set as default values. From the template, create three instances - base, track, and slider. Configure the values of the instance parameters (for the base, track, and slider).

Next, establish links between the object parameters:

1. X-running track link to X-base + correction.
  2. Connect Y-runs to Y-base + correction.
  3. W-ruts link to W-substructure - correction.
  4. H-Gauge - independent value.
  5. X-slide - apply to X-range.
  6. Y-slider - bind to W-slider - correction.
  7. W,H-slider - independent values.

Additional connections and dependences:

1. X-slider link to X-cursor provided it is on the slider and the left button is pressed. (The event is controlled by a special handler).
  2. The y-slider is always linked with the y-track.
  3. The X and Y of the slider is linked to the X,Y of the window, (and the tab, if it is on it).
  4. The X and Y of the slider is linked to the X,Y of the scroll bar, if it is on them.
  5. The X value of the slider is limited to the X gauge and X + W gauge values. Put a filter on the values.
  6. We add one parameter to the slider that it will adjust - its current value as a percentage. The calculation of the parameter is (W-slide/100) * (X-slide - X-track).
The point is that all this can be done without programming, in a special studio. Also, any other logic of connections of various parameters can be created visually in the studio, and then you can even partially automate the process of linking or predicting connections.

What is there to talk about? Now schools are introducing programming as one of the general education subjects, replacing the former subject Labour.

Aleksey Mavrin:

On the contrary, I read that the 4th industrial revolution will make programmers the "main" profession, ahead of bankers and oilmen.

I think languages will start to 'die' first. They describe the logic of parameter relationships, which can be built with almost no code. My example is just a drop in the ocean, but there is no doubt that any task can be solved by producing templates of parameter (object) assemblies and establishing their relations bypassing the code. And in this case - it is possible to connect neural networks which will work as intelligences, anticipating created object (in fact - parametric) structures.

Even by moving an ordinary cursor you can create the shapes and processes of the objects you create, simply by changing the context of the values of its x and y parameters as you move.

For example:

1. Create an instance of the label template.

2. Press the process context button (representing the values of the moving cursor as a trajectory and saving the time proportions of this movement).

3. Move the cursor through the chart. A special handler writes the values into an array.

4. Combine the recorded trajectory with the sampling of the x and y mark parameter (which can be found in its properties).

5. We get the mark moving along the produced trajectory.

Here we've replaced a big chunk of code.

Реter Konow:

Visual Basic , for instance, is based on this principle.

You can create programs literally without any knowledge of the language.

there is a language unlike any other.

erlang

Реter Konow:

Even by moving an ordinary cursor you can create the shapes and processes of the objects you create, simply by changing the context of the values of its x and y parameters as you move.

For example:

1. Create an instance of the label template.

2. Press the process context button (representing the values of the moving cursor as a trajectory and saving the time proportions of this movement).

3. Move the cursor through the chart. A special handler writes the values into an array.

4. Combine the recorded trajectory with the sampling of the x and y mark parameter (which can be found in its properties).

5. We get the mark moving along the produced trajectory.

Here we've replaced a big chunk of code.

At most we get a constructor which has some limitations

Uladzimir Izerski:

Visual Basic , for example, is based on this principle.

You can literally create programmes without any knowledge of the language.

By the way, the visual studio I was about to create is built according to this principle:

One part of the controls belong to the studio and the other part to the user project.

Studio elements connect their parameters to the properties of editable elements in the project and change their values. Next, the handler redraws them and voila!

The principle of editing in the visual studio is VERY simple. Just connect the parameters of the control and the item you want to edit.

Both the studio and the user project are in a common kernel, so the connection is just a pointer to a cell of the array (kernel) located in another cell of the same array (in the control element).

The idea is pretty damn simple and I would have made a studio a long time ago if anyone needed one.)

Reason: