selecting the hardware (computer) to use

What parameters should be paid attention to when building a new computer for the fast operation of the optimizer in mt5? (CPU, video card, memory). In general, I need to build a machine for fast maths processing and high speed of the robot (when working on the history)

konkord777:
What parameters should be paid attention to when building a new computer for the fast operation of the optimizer in mt5? (CPU, video card, memory). In general, I need to build a machine for fast maths processing and high speed operation of my robot (when working on history).
Computer for several MT5 terminals

konkord777:
What parameters should I pay attention to when building a new computer for the quick performance of the optimizer in mt5 ? (CPU, video card, memory). In general, I need to build a machine for fast maths processing and high speed of the robot (when working on the history).

Number of cores for test agents + frequency - the more the better

16GB of memory or more

Card is only important for using OpenCL

I am waiting for Ryzen, it will be out on March 2nd and there will be a bunch of tests on the web

Only a server farm can significantly increase the speed of testing. You could get some i7 laptops, they are not as noisy as desktops and take up little space, thankfully the vendors are stagnant and there are discounts everywhere.

SeriousRacoon:
Only a server farm can significantly increase the speed of testing. You could get some i7 laptops, they are not as noisy as desktops and take up little space, thankfully vendors are stagnant and there are discounts everywhere.
It would be cheaper in the cloud

Alexey Volchanskiy:
It would be cheaper in the cloud
Possibly, but it depends on the way you work. If you run every change in the algorithm during debugging, it might be more expensive.

Not on how
konkord777:
What parameters do I need to pay attention to when building a new computer for the fast operation of the optimizer in MT5? (CPU, video card, memory). In general, I need to build a machine for fast maths processing and high speed of the robot (when working on the history).

None.

If the terminal is installed, the computer is suitable for "fast operation of the optimizer in MT5".

I will not bother using cloud. Alexei is right.

SeriousRacoon:
If you run every change in the algorithm through the debugging process, it can get more expensive.

You could foolishly break something. So let's run it without changes - just "to make sure".

I am surprised how irrationally many local participants use optimization. Starting from "optimization on real ticks" where even OHLC on minutes is too greasy, and ending with a total overshoot of parameters where most of them can be cut off, and using genetics.

It seems to me that some people still look at the Expert Advisors as some kind of "black boxes with the RUNNING BABLO button", rather than as tools which perform TS, and expect that a more thorough optimization "on ticks" and "with full brute force" will bring them the long-awaited cornucopia.

George Merts:

You could foolishly break something. So let's run it without changes - just "to make sure".

I am surprised how irrationally many local participants use optimization. From "optimization on real ticks" where even OHLC on minutes is too greasy, to total overshooting of parameters where most of them can be cut off, and using genetics.

It seems to me that some people still look at EAs as some kind of "black boxes with a RUNNING BABLO button", rather than as tools which perform TS, and expect that more thorough optimization "on ticks", and "with full brute force" will bring them the long-awaited cornucopia.

Practically I don't use exhaustive search, because I'm not interested in statistically false output, and using ticks I run final only after full debugging and optimization, to see, that I haven't made up a tester's rubbish. So, you are mistaken a little :)

SeriousRacoon:
Possibly, but it depends on the way you work. If you run every change in the algorithm during debugging, it may be more expensive.
And why should you optimize during debugging? First of all, you must obtain error-free operation - the usual testing will do. And the cloud doesn't work in the tester, only in the optimizer.

Wondering what developers offer for optimisation.

Do their methods cope with gully functions?

Reason: