Useful tips for participants in the Championships

4 important limitations are announced in the Championship Rules:
  • minimum deal volume - 0.1 lot
  • lot volume variation step - 0.1
  • Maximum deal volume - 5 lots
  • Maximum total amount of open positions and pending orders - 3

I also suggest adding the restriction "Minimal number of deals - 10". I also suggest limiting the maximum amount of deals to 1 lot (which is already too much for a 10K account). These additional restrictions will significantly complicate the creation of EAs solely for the Championship conditions, having nothing to do with real trading.

For example, an Expert Advisor that has the task to perform only three deals of the maximum possible number of lots with the profit of 100 points during three months of the Championship. I.e. we open three trades with the volume of 5 lots, no matter in what direction, with TP of 100 points, without SL. It is clear that this strategy has nothing in common with real trading, but IF we are lucky and all three trades are successful, we get about 15K profit or 150% in 3 months, which is a serious request to win according to the current conditions of the Championship. If we estimate the probability of successful completion of such a deal at 40%, the probability of successful completion of all three deals is about 6%.

If 15 people use such a strategy, you can expect one of them to get lucky. If 50 people will send such "experts", we can expect that three of them will be lucky - they will share gold, silver and bronze :) The idea of autotrading will be discredited...

Thank you for the idea, but we will not add such conditions.

Don't forget that we pre-test experts and have every right to refuse to accept any particular expert.

Of course, it's up to you, but preliminary testing may not help - before the right date the Expert Advisor trades according to some standard algorithm, like MA, after that... Decompilation and thoughtful analysis will help :)

Introduce at least 1 lot maximum trade volume limit. No sane person with 10K of OWN money would open 5 lots at a time. Why introduce temptation :)

dogada:
It's up to you, of course, but pre-testing may not help - before the right date the Expert Advisor trades according to some standard algorithm, like MA, after... Decompilation and thoughtful analysis would help :)
Please read the Championship Rules.
The point 3.7: If the Expert Advisor's behavior during the preliminary check and during the Championship is completely different, the Expert Advisor will be disqualified.

How long does the EA pre-check take?

Oleg:

I would like to ask if there is an opportunity to test your "expert" on an account with the conditions specified in the rules? I don't know, maybe I missed something :)

It would be great if such an account could be opened before the Championship :)

Run it on our demo server (demo.metaquotes.net:443).

nikkei:

How long does it take to pre-check an EA?

The first batch will be tested this week, the test is not difficult.

Oleg:
Renat:
Oleg:

I would like to ask if there is an opportunity to test your "expert" on an account with the conditions specified in the rules? I don't know, maybe I missed something :)

It would be nice to open such an account before the Championship :)

Run it on our demo server (demo.metaquotes.net:443).

Does your demo server have the same conditions as the championship?
Sorry, have you read the rules at all?

Unfortunately, the test group for the Championship has not been launched yet. But the two MaxLots and MaxOrders constraints can be simply emulated in your code for now:
  1. minimum lot 0.1 works, step 0.1 works, maximum 5 lots is done by a simple check in your code
  2. max size is also done by external parameter in your code
  3. 2-7 sec processing time already works, requotes work, spreads and indents work, slippages work, non-market prices are not cancelled yet

Yes, they do work - the unknown error is really scary. We haven't seen this on the reals yet %), although we refresh as much as we like and have raised the slip to the sky.
Reason: