Unable to login MQL5 in my Windows MT5 - page 3

Sergey Golubev #:

What is your build of Metatrader 5? Is it MT5? What is the build?

Besides, login and password on mql5 website are not the same for Metatrader Community tab in some cases.
For example,

• we can use email to login for website, but we can not use email to login to Community tab in Metatrader;
  • we can use google/facebook related password for website but we must use native forum password only to login to Community tab of Metatrader.

Thus, login/password to website are not the same to login/password to Community tab in some cases.

----------------

By the way, I do not have any issue with Metatrader 5 build 3021 (and what is why I am asking your build ... are you using some latest beta builds of MT5?).

This is my MT5 build (and my Metatrader 5 is 64-bit; because 32-bit MT5 is not supported anymore):

Iam running build 3069 and still no progress of logging in. 

Gogo82 #:

Iam running build 3069 and still no progress of logging in. 

• Do not use your email for login; use your forum login (your forum login is gogo82).
  • Besides, it may be something with your password (google/facebook related passwords are good to login to mql5 website but Metatrader is not accepting them; you need to change your password to the forum native password).
  • Check your anti-virus and/or firewall on your Windows 10 (are you on Windows 10 64 bit, right? Because some Windows versions and especially 32-bit versions will not work with MT5).
  • If you are on external VPS so please note that some VPS providers were banned from MQL5 services.

Besides, it may be something wrong with your Windows 10 ... because I did not have any issue with Community tab of MT5 (I am running build 3021).
It was some issue for MT4 (build 1340) but MT4 was updated and this issue was fixed.

I also experienced this issue today. It's never been a problem before. Recent update of windows 10. MT5. No VPS, all the other conditions are met. It's just one more reason to be dubious about switching away from MT4.

I have tried renaming the config folder and restarting. No effect. 

I don't see any folder named 'community'.

Files:
20211015.log  21 kb

clemmo #:

I also experienced this issue today. It's never been a problem before. Recent update of windows 10. MT5. No VPS, all the other conditions are met. It's just one more reason to be dubious about switching away from MT4.

I have tried renaming the config folder and restarting. No effect. 

I don't see any folder named 'community'.

You are using MT5 from broker (old build) and seems it may be different MT5, because it is written on your logs as the following:

Terminal    Deriv x64 build 2981 started for Deriv Limited 

And this is my MT5:

Terminal    MetaTrader 5 x64 build 3080 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.

So, they are different (yes, I connected to some broker's server as well, but my MT5 is still from MetaQuotes).

This is the post explaining the location of community folder (for MT5):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2021.10.14 15:03

As to Community folder for MT5 (location of this folder):

yes but keep reading the log and you'll see that it is now updated to 3080. Thank you for pointing out the community folder - I will try renaming that one.

Problem cleared up now without doing anything to the community folder. My guess is that some time needs to elapse after updating? I'm not sure.
Reason: