We have improved the MetaTrader VPS infrastructure and expanded the network of data centers

Over the past year, the user base of the MetaTrader platform virtual hosting has grown significantly. In this regard, we have significantly invested in the development of the entire service infrastructure and considerably expanded the network of data centers.

The new hosting point in São Paulo has become the latest addition to the points pool, supplementing those in Frankfurt, London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Moscow and Amsterdam. We have deployed it in the same data center which hosts the B3 stock exchange (formerly BM&F Bovespa) and the largest Brazilian brokers. The close physical proximity to global financial centers allows traders to rent a virtual copy of the platform with the smallest ping to brokerage servers anywhere in the world.

The network of data centers

The side effect of upgrading the service is the necessity to increase VPS prices. Currently the minimum price of renting a server for 1 month starts at USD 15. At this price, traders receive up to 3 GB of RAM, up to 16 GB of disk space, several CPU cores and the minimum network latency to a broker.

Service plan
Price,
USD
Hosting price
per month, USD
Free (24 hours)

1 month subscription
3 months subscription
6 months subscription
12 months subscription

The native VPS service from MetaQuotes differs from common VPS solutions, since it has been specifically tailored to host trading terminals and is therefore available directly in MetaTrader platforms. Tens of thousands of traders are already using the MetaTrader virtual hosting without worrying about Internet connection speeds, PC malfunctions or power supply failures.

New users receive 24 hours of free service — test the VPS right now.

Test MetaTrader VPS for free

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

The price increase is not something pleasant, but I hope it goes along with better stability and reliability for MQL5 VP servers.

But that is simply not plausible, because e.g. twice as many users also bring twice as much money and only require twice as many servers if they were really busy before. If the calculation worked out beforehand, which it obviously did, there is simply no need for a price increase, because that is linear. In my opinion, it's only a excuse for dramatically maximizing profits.

If my broker server is at Australia, I rent Vps located at Sigapore, why should I pay for the hosting point in São Paulo?

Xiaowei Yan:
If my broker server is at Australia, I rent Vps located at Sigapore, why should I pay for the hosting point in São Paulo?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Pros and cons of VPS at mql5.com

MetaQuotes Software Corp. , 2018.11.04 13:15

Their servers is in Australia?
You can check the ping here: https://www.mql5.com/en/vps -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Pros and cons of VPS at mql5.com

MetaQuotes Software Corp. , 2018.11.04 13:59

Enter the name of your broker's trading server to get an estimate of network delays: https://www.mql5.com/en/vps
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

This increase of price of 50% during a global crisis when the forex market goes crazy and many traders burnt their account seems like a big joke to me. I cancelled all my 7 vps subscriptions. Good luck for finding customers who will accept a 50% increase. 

To everyone, what are the alternatives? 

beatwhale:
This increase of price of 50% during a global crisis when the forex market goes crazy and many traders burnt their account seems like a big joke to me. I cancelled all my 7 vps subscriptions. Good luck for finding customers who will accept a 50% increase. 

To everyone, what are the alternatives? 
Hi Beatwhale, u found any alternatives? I just wanted to renew but the price seems to be a bit high for now.. :(

get free VPS from your brokers,.most of them provide free vps now with different terms and conditions.

I was about to start my vps service again this year... But 50% increase???....
Ill just keep my EAs running between my laptop and pc, I almost always have a computer on anyway, Shame though. 27$ for 3 months were AOK. Id rather deposit $45 on my account since Im still learning.
  • www.mql5.com

a 50% increase seems like a joke to me but i stopped using this service long ago as there are way to many other cheaper ways to get a vps. For a starter most brokers offer a free vps to their clients as mentioned in post #7 plus if you guys put some effort using a search engine there are many great providers out there....just set a side some time and do some research! I think this increase will not benefit MQ in the long run as users definitely will reach out for other solutions.

Maybe you guys improve your customer service. It takes days to get through to service desk. This is awful. 

You should have a complaints process.
Reason: