Copying Signals, MT4 or MT5?

I want to copy a signal in MT4 and I found one signal that suits me. When I want to copy it, the pop-up window gives me the MT5 link to download. All of my accounts are in MT4. What is the problem?

Can't I copy a signal in MT4? What about the Metatraders I already have on my computer? 

I tried to copy a signal from inside the MT4 in signal section. First, I couldn't find the signal I found on MQL5 website. But even when I chose another one, I can't connect my PayPal account to MT4. I tried many times but no success.

If you have any experience with buying and copying signals, would you tell me what and how to do it?

Some information - How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

copy signals

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.11.02 21:08

Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.

15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next. 

16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service

17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.

Sergey Golubev:

Some information - How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal:

Fantastic! Very detailed and complete step by step guide. If you can put this explanation with the original article on signal registering that would be great!

Hi, When i'm having mt4 platform, meaning that I can only copy to Mt4 signal or both? 

Nguyen Huu Minh:
Hi, When i'm having mt4 platform, meaning that I can only copy to Mt4 signal or both? 

Do not double post!

I have deleted your duplicated post.

Nguyen Huu Minh:

It is from the Rules of Using the Signals Service -

Subscription to a Signal is only available for the relevant MetaTrader platform account:

• for the MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal account, you can only subscribe to Signals from the MetaTrader 4 section,
  • for the MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal account, you can only subscribe to Signals from the MetaTrader 5 section.

If the signal provider has a small account and my account balance is high and I want larger lot size than the signal provider, what will I do.?

Muhammad Ahsan Ahmad #:
If the signal provider has a small account and my account balance is high and I want larger lot size than the signal provider, what will I do.?
You can calculate your lot size as subscriber using the following example:
Managing Funds or How to Select a Deal Volume?
General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 4 / MetaTrader 5 Trading Signals is a service allowing traders to copy trading operations of a Signals Provider. Our goal was to develop the new massively used service protecting Subscribers and relieving them of unnecessary costs.
Reason: