Trading Gaps

Hello people, I heard it is possible to trade gaps profitably but I cant find any method out there, pls anyone that knows how to do it should share, thanks

madeah:
Hello people, I heard it is possible to trade gaps profitably but I cant find any method out there, pls anyone that knows how to do it should share, thanks

If you Google "gaps forex trading" you will find a few gab trading strategies. Some of them are free.

Good luck

madeah:

Are you interesting in Manual or automated trading?

As I know if there is a gap in a price, then order will be exacuted on the first price that will be delivered to a platform

There is an automated system called Forex Gap Robot that you can use to trade automatically. I've just put it on demo test this week. It only trades on Sunday eves so will be interesting to see how it performs.

well, it is possible to use trading gaps. However, it depends on your broker and most broker will not allow it and you will note connection losses or requotes. In short, it is hardly possible for most of us...

There is a forex question titled "Types of gap in forex trading". I hope it may be helpful for you.

Gap trading is a simple and disciplined approach to buying and shorting stocks. Essentially one finds stocks that have a price gap from the previous close and watches the first hour of trading to identify the trading range. Rising above that range signals a buy, and falling below it signals a short. A gap is a change in price levels between the close and open of two consecutive days. Although most technical analysis manuals define the four types of gap patterns as Common, Breakaway, Continuation and Exhaustion, those labels are applied after the chart pattern is established

madeah:

Sometime we find a gap between Friday close and Monday open of market in a particular currency pair. Some gaps are tradeble and we can make profit using this gap.

Yes, I am agree with you gaps always helpful for us. There are some types of gap common forex gaps, breakaway forex gaps, exhaustion forex gap etc. I will suggest you, you should be try to join paid online tutorial here you can get good knowledge about gaps methods.

Reason: