Correlation trading

It Seems You Have Done Your Homework

I have played with correlation a bit, but haven't found that sweet spot that you are talking about where there is consistent repetition. It also seems like you have taken the time to make sure that the idea is worth pursuing unlike some of the requests I get that are 2 sentences long with spelling mistakes asking me to invest a week of my valuable time.

The only quibble I have with your proposal is the news filter - that can come later. The first version only needs the bare minimum and I like the fact you are only proposing 6 inputs. Once you have an EA in hand, you can do some exploring as to what a second version needs. Presumably you have some experience with Strategy Tester and are willing to take on that part of the testing.

I do most of my forum activity on FF, so you can check me out there. I haven't done much on this forum, but that doesn't mean I don't have the expertise to take on this project. I can provide referrals and coding samples if requested. I am a bit time constrained until after the holiday season, but I have only made tentative committments for that time frame and I'm still accepting interesting proposals.

Please consider me interested and contact if it seems we would work well together.

Coding the EA

I have been looking for something like this to code. Your investigations look promising. I am going to code the EA this weekend and we shall see what it can do. Once I have something testable, I will post it back here. I havent worked out how to back test it yet, though I have some ideas, since MT4 cant do multi currency testing, the proof will probably be in the forward testing.

Perfect example

Based on the method, I manually looked back across the GBPUSD,USDJPY GBPJPY triplet and found a perfect example.

On 22 Dec, at 0245, the bar ended with the GBPUSD moving up 11 pips, the USDJPY moved up 13 pips and while the GBPJPY moved up 29 pips in that bar, the subsequent 2 bars went up an additional 49 pips for a nice profit on a buy trade. This EA will probably only trade a couple times a month as these setups dont seem to happen real often. The robot will need to be running all 12 triplets at the same time and then there should be reasonable activity on it. The first version here will only be trading a single triplet

I have the robot basically coded and will post it here shortly after I polish the code a bit more

Perfect example

bney,

Did you have time to polish the code, am interested to test it....?

i agree with this correlation pair. but, you have to notice, that it did not always work fixed. the strength of correlation changes every time and day. you need more just a jpeg picture. well, i have a table of correlation on my blog, you may visit and see.

based on that strength of correlation pair, we even able to set target. through complicated calculation, it will show is it right time to trade or not.

very easy to USE

correlation -- at a glance

if you are into it !!

http://www.currensys.com/correlation.php

xx3xxx:
correlation -- at a glance

if you are into it !!

http://www.currensys.com/correlation.php

Thank you for this potentially great tool. Can you share how you have been using it?

aelimian:
Thank you for this potentially great tool. Can you share how you have been using it?

You should try saxo trader also. Platform allows overlay 2 or more charts ... so you can have lets say E/J, G/J, A/J in one chart, same scale.. ..

Useful information. Thanks for sharing

" glad if it gives you good trading pairs , just use the link"

Reason: