Another Hedge Idea

I would like someone to create an ea for the following hedge system I seen on another board.

It comprises of:

Buy 1 lot of usdjpy

Buy 1 lot gbpchf

Buy 1 lot audjpy

Sell 1 lot euraud

Now I don't know how well correlated these all are. But there is a positive swap off it plus the swings are numerous (positive to negative). Now the way I have been trading it is I have them set up on a demo account using mini contacts (0.1). I wait till the total net of all positions reaches a negative amount. I have not run this long enough (one week) to get an average. But it looks like a -$10 to -$15 dollar area works well. When the above condition is met I open up the positions on my real account and wait till it goes positive by the same amount or more and close the positions. If I have to wait I collect a nice swap amount till it does happen. For example I just closed my trades today for an $18.68 net.

Now if someone could create an ea to buy the positions when it reaches a certain negative amount (user defined) and take profit (user defined) and then repeats the above cycle. It would be greatly appreciated. Comments welcomed.

I've stopped reading when you said you checked it for 1 week

I guess many others did the same

Just forget about it...

Shinigami:
I've stopped reading when you said you checked it for 1 week

I guess many others did the same

Just forget about it...

I appreciate your comments but why would I forget about it? I will contine to trade it and report back when I get a longer history of trades.

Great lakes, your idea seems interesting, keep up the testing and let us know how it goes.

Does anyone know if there are any good brokers out there that don't charge daily interest? Preferrably US based? I know there are some out there.

Also, does anyone know what other pairs correlate very well other than Eur/Usd and Usd/Chf? Thanks for your help!

I just made a post about Correlations with a link to an indicator, here is the link

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177085

Try to run a search also in forex-tsd.com someone might have done it before.

long time ago when i was taking forex lessons we were told that if you buy all the standard pairs or sell all the standard pairs we will make money at the end of the day, I tired that idea on a demo account for 1 month and it worked but that was 4 yers go, your idea is a little different but I think it might work.

Good luck

MiniMe,

To see how that idea would have worked this past month, what would you consider as 'all the standard pairs'?

drayco:
MiniMe, To see how that idea would have worked this past month, what would you consider as 'all the standard pairs'?

if I can remember well you need to sell or buy

eurusd ,usdchf ,gbpusd ,usdjpy

But for that you need to catch the trend move , I am not sure I tried this going against the trend cause back then, our first lesson was to follow the trend, and we were trading the daily charts.

Please test it as my memory is rusty and I am not sure anymore, it was 4 years back

I got a response from the person that came up with this and he has been trading it since the beginning of the year. He has never suffered a loss. When in the negative swing he keeps adding small lots till it goes positive and then cashes out. I have seen that the most you have to wait is 3 days. I have had multiply cash outs in a single day. Now I am trading it different than him. He is in the market all the time. I like to wait till it goes negative like I stated and then put on my positions.

If I remember it right, backtester works only with 1 currency at a time, meaning you can't backtest a strategy like that. And that means you put yourself at 100% risk, which is pointless if you plan to get any profit (means you'll lose everything unless a miracle happens)

Shinigami:
And that means you put yourself at 100% risk, which is pointless if you plan to get any profit (means you'll lose everything unless a miracle happens)

100% risk ! wow, fantastic analysis.

take it easy, greatlakes. i wouldn't pay too much attention to fantasm.

Reason: