Different broker-different charts-different results! Why?!?

I find out that when you test the same EAs with the same settings on MT from different broker (NorthFinance, FIBO-UK and metaquotes demo)they give different results. Maybe someone know why? Another thing the charts a different as well for some unknown reason and the difference sometimes are huge. What is the explanation? Why this happen? Please see attachments for details.

Different broker-different charts

It is happening mostly because, different brokers use different DATA FEEDS:rolleyes:.

For example one of them may use 'Reuters', other 'Itar', and there are thousands of them...

So the question is actually is not about the brokerage(unless they have slow servers, but normally they dont), but the data feeds they are using.

P.S. in my own invistigation/experience, I found NorthFinance more closer to real situation than others!

FXcleaner:
It is happening mostly because, different brokers use different DATA FEEDS:rolleyes:.

For example one of them may use 'Reuters', other 'Itar', and there are thousands of them...

So the question is actually is not about the brokerage(unless they have slow servers, but normally they dont), but the data feeds they are using.

P.S. in my own invistigation/experience, I found NorthFinance more closer to real situation than others!

Hello,

THX for this information, I appreciate your oprinion

not just data feeds cause when we down load alpari data its all the same data on backtesting. Plus back testing charts are off line.

And back testing on a demo server and real money server is different too. It should not be this way but it is.

I suspect the data filters are built in the platform and brokers can set there platform differently. And they can change the filters from time to time.

In NF there are no built-in data filters!

P.S. Every broker pays more attention for real servers and gives more 'recourses' to real ones!

I use InterbankFX as my broker feed, and I have compared against OANDA.com and OANDA is probably the largest forex broker out there. Interbankfx has been very accurate in it's ticks as it's relation with Oanda's ticks. I have live accounts on both.

Broker Variations

Personally I think testing on demo servers can only give you an approximation to real results. If you want to see a bad demo server, have a look at MT4 on COES, yet it is, I believe, the same data feed as FXDD. The COES data is all over the place by comparison but their real server is within a pip of FXDD, IBFX, MIG, IFX (not MT4) GFT and several others. Test with real micro lots once you think you have something that will work or, perfect it at one broker and stick with them.

Altos.

Reason: