iCustomin tester vs live chart

Hi all,

Anybody has the same problem with iCustom? In tester it keeps returning empty values but on a live chart it works like a charm...

I do not have the source code of the custom indicator so I'm bound to iCustom.

See the pic the bottom is live chart the top is the tester on same pair, same data, same time...

Grts 

I think it's a wrong set up for your test.

Put both (EA and indi) on the SAME chart either real or tester!

Then print out or show at screen (Comment(..)) the previous bar's value of this indi.-value at each new bar and then compare!

gooly:

I think it's a wrong set up for your test.

Put both (EA and indi) on the SAME chart either real or tester!

Then print out or show at screen (Comment(..)) the previous bar's value of this indi.-value at each new bar and then compare!

Hi gooly,

thanks but I've done that allready and it doesn't help. I think it has something to do with the code inside the indicator wich I don't have. Or perhaps a flaw in mql4 in tester?

As you can see the loaded inicator draws perfectly but the iCustom call returns empty while in teste but returns correct on a live chart.  Still the indicator works perfect on both.

I don't see any logic in this problem. In the end it's not so bad cause on a live chart everything works fine but the problem is I am unable to perform backtest with this situation. I am using a  workaround for the problem to backtest and develop my EA but it will never be as accurate as it supposed to be. And I don't like it having to do it the way I do now

grts

what I see is that the left chart is a visual backtest and the values beside "current bar =" are the typical "EMPTY_VALUE" of an indicator so I guess the Close[0]-bar is left empty by this indicator.

To be definite the resolution is too small. Beside that I don't see much difference. It seems to work on both charts.

gooly:

what I see is that the left chart is a visual backtest and the values beside "current bar =" are the typical "EMPTY_VALUE" of an indicator so I guess the Close[0]-bar is left empty by this indicator.

To be definite the resolution is too small. Beside that I don't see much difference. It seems to work on both charts.

It is showing the empty value in the tester, and it is the same EA on the live chart.

It is not the EA that draws the line but the indicator itself is also loaded on both charts and that one is drawing the lines fine.

It is only when I call the indicator with iCustom that I get empty value's in the backtests and correct values in the live charts.

So the iCustom does not work on both charts. At least with this indicator, others I use work fine. The reason why this one doesn't is what puzzles me. 

In this case without your indi I dunno what to do and what to tell you.

gooly:
In this case without your indi I dunno what to do and what to tell you.

Thanks anyway

no problem

grts 

Reason: