Backtest Error

I am trying to the strategy tester but getting this error. "No data for testing"! This is a screenshot of the settings.

http://i42.tinypic.com/xefx41.png

What's the issue?

If you start at midnight 2011.11.07 and end at midnight 2011.11.07 how long is your test ? let me give you a clue . . it's a very short time period . . .

i think it's not possible to test only 1 day

qjol:
Yes it is . . . but not by starting and stopping at the same time.

RaptorUK:
Yes it is . . . but not by starting and stopping at the same time.
how, there is a way to specify time ?

qjol:
how, there is a way to specify time ?
There isn't . . but if the same date is used for the start and finish dates the ST will start and stop at the same time . . .

& that's what I wrote
qjol:

qjol:
& that's what I wrote

Yes . . but you are wrong. It is possible to test 1 day.

Raptor, thank you for the tip :)

gjol, if you want to test only 1 day, select the the day and its next day, e.g 7/11 to 8/11.

When performing a backtest on the data which is already downloaded by MT4 through live stream, do we get the most accurate test results?

I know that in order to get 90% modelling quality, there is a procedure of downloading data and copying it to a certain forlder ... etc, but I noticed that when I keep MT4 running with open charts and then perform a backtest on a symbol of one of these open charts and on the period of time that the chart was open, I get n/a as the modelling quality, although the data has been dowloaded live. What do you guys think of the credibility of such a backtest in comparison with that procedure? Do we need to go through that procedure and abandon the data which we get from live stream?

Regards,

tapo:

What do you guys think of the credibility of such a backtest in comparison with that procedure?

It will depend on the quality of your data . . as always. If you don't know the quality of that data then you are testing with an unknown quantity . . .
Reason: