MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 616

Hi all, First I'm newbie about MT and I have some doubt about the alert how it is work. Is it possible to setup the alert to be alert only if the condition is met in the daily time frame while I'm viewing M5 time frame? Thank for any assistance.
Hi,  is it possible to send a faketick from OnInit() before OnInit() is completely done??  My problem is, i want my EA to delete all running indicators from the chart before starting. At the OnInit()-section the EA runns this function:...
I would like to get, whether the price is below 1.12 00 and above 1.11 50 (4 digit) price is below 1.12 000 and above 1.11 500 (5 digit) how to get it to know? eg: At 10:00 AM i would like to see the market, when market price is ranging between 1.11 50 to 1.12 00 my condition is true. how to know by
  When my same EA ran EventSetMillisecondTimer(50) within OnInit() on 4 charts, it returns successful on 1 chart  only, wrong code is " Internal error"(translated to the description) on all other 3 charts. Why did it happen? How to prevent or fix the issue? Thanks.  
Hey guys, I seem to be having a bit of a problem, and any help is appreciated. I am constantly getting OrderSend() errors 130 which I presume to be (ERR_INVALID_STOPS) and 4059 while back testing.. 2015.10.12 11:08:49.210 2015.01.02 11:28  EURUSD,M1: Failed to place a buy stop order,...
Good afternoon to all! I am trading lately with following scheme: deposit 200-300$, earn 50-100$ a day with lots 0.1-0.2 and withdraw 50-100$ at the end of the day. I tried it earlier with deposit of $1000-2000. There is very strong pressure on this amount. I cannot psychologically watch how the
Hi, can someone try and run this code? It's meant to show which of the bollinger bands are currently being touched by the price. It doesn't run on my MT4 v4 build 890 running on WIne on LinuxMint. No Syntax errors. The problem appears to be a status when debugging showing that buff5[i] and...
[Deleted]
Hi, first timer here so please excuse if it's a silly question. I have an ea that requires a set number of bars in a chart. I have set the max bars in chart to 60 and the max bars in history to 60 but more bars appear at the next shift so I end up with more than 60 bars on the chart despite setting...
[Deleted]
If i have wrote an EA and want to test it's performance in the past several years, where can i down load history data of a symbol? Thank you very much!
I'm having some problems with my hd. I did some backtests and suddendly I'm without enough memory to save files. I'm trying to find where Wine stores the backtests log files (i'm using an Ubuntu machine).  I already checked on wine/program files(x86)/broker/logs and on  wine/program...
can I use api , or win socket to connect mt4 server to get the quotation and send orders without mt4 terminal program
Hi there,  I'm using this code to open a couple pending orders and get the error as in subject. extern double SLDistance=.0020;double Lots=0.01;//MODE_MINLOT/Digits;double LongEntry;double ShortEntry;   LongTicket=OrderSend("EURUSD",OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,LongEntry,3,LongEntry-SLDistance,0,""...
[Deleted]
I have a broker that uses symbols like GBPUSD. and EURUSD. How do I get MarketInfo on them?
[Deleted]
  Rollover Time  (2)
Hi, I would like to know the rollover-time in the timezone of the server I'm connected to. Is there a function to call which will return the rollover-time? What I'm trying to do is to close any open position x minutes before the rollover.   Thanks in advance for replying (I'm pretty new to mql4!)...
Hi all:   I write a simple code to catch the new created object on the chart.   void OnChartEvent(const int id,                  const long &lparam,                  const double &dparam,                  const string &sparam){      Print("id = ",id );//--- the object has been deleted...
Hello everyone I'm new to this forum, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help. The objects, indicators, etc, that I draw or insert in one time frame don't show on the other time frame charts (of the same pairs of course) so I have to do it manually which consumes too much time, it's...
Hi, I have added a scroll (CScrollV, Controls\Scrolls.mqh) control to the basic active control panel example in the mql4 includes library. I have been playing around with active panels for several weeks now and have even programmed a very detailed panel, but I cannot get the scroll control to work....
[Deleted]
I thought I'd delete the EA and reinstall it because it was timing out on the Strategy Tester. It's still in the EA folder, and I refresh where it says Expert Advosors... nothing. I even re-installed MT4. Nothing. Need helpe please. Thanksl
  order placement  (3)
Hi friends, I'm writing an expert advisor, Can anyone help me what is the easiest way to prevent OnTick Function from placing orders repeatedly.  I have some ideas in my mind but I think there would be easier ways to stop expert advisor from placing an order repeatedly in OnTick function and instead...
  Comment field  (1)
One can enter a comment when the order is created. Is there a way to modify the OrderComment() field in the order ? I would like to store a trailing stoploss in that field. That way my stoploss goes under the radar.
Hi, please help me, I am confused: I try to make a custom indicator based on MACD. If the MACD gives a long signal, my custom indicator gets green histogram, at short signal get red color. Everything is working except the color changing. I tried this code to change indicator color: if (macd_line[i]...
[Deleted]
  Multitrader  (1)
hi, please can tell me who comes mt4 multitrader?
Hello, when i include a dll in EA and the Code in dll need special values and data from mt4 how it works? For example: dll need High[5364] or iHigh(NULL,var,var) or iATR(NULL,var, var,var) how it works? thank you!
Hi, Sorry i was not able to find the answer, compiling my EA on a chart reverts external variables to default, what allows the EA on a chart after compiling to keep the settings user had input? Thanks alot.
  Binary EA buy on new candle  (21   1 2 3)
hi guys, im new to mql4 coding. i started by a simple binary ea with 60s trades, bollinger and rsi, everything works, but it doesnt wait to buy/sell for the new candle, i want to open a trade on the next candle if the conditions are true. i looked already in the forum and found nice help for new...
  StrToInteger  (2)
Hi friends,  When I want to use StrToInteger or StringToInteger functions it results to -1 . does anyone know about the problem ? how can I fix this issue ? thank you all 
[Deleted]
Hi,  I would like someone to explain me the following:   I am testing a certin strategy in MT4 in a demo account. At some point, I have placed a SELL order, the pirce goes below the price of my sell order, however my profit is still in negative. Why is that? Here you can see an example image.    
How sending a signal to two or more Metatraders 4? Two brokers need two metatraders. I want to send a copy of my click to the second machine. Thanx in advance.
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I want to create a graphical object with every mouse click. For that I use the CHARTEVENT_CLICK function. But I always just draw e.g one H-Line and when I press the mouse again, it is deleted and another is drawn. But I want to prevent that and draw one line after the other without deleting...
New article MQL5 Cookbook: Implementing Your Own Depth of Market has been published on mql5.com: This article demonstrates how to utilize Depth of Market (DOM) programmatically and describes the operation principle of CMarketBook class, that can expand the Standard Library of MQL5 classes and offer...