MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 251

I have a table indicator that shows whether there is a buy or a sell signal on the last bar based on a criteria that I coded, For some reason that I don't know the indicator shows correct signals when the market is closed or the pc isn't connected to the internet and when connected the indicator
I make a EA that use RSI filter for up and dwon trend . when filter show up signal only buy trade and vise versa. Problem is when buy orders open near end of uptrend ,big loss happen. How can know end of trend in this condition. Similar case also happen in all trend indicators. If use MA cross over
Hello Friends I am creating an EA based on Trending Strategy and it is working fine while in trend. However, when it reached divergence it start taking order most of which result in loss. any guide how to handle this, will highly appreciated or a recommended book to learn professional MQL4
I am trying to use this recently purchased tool and it is not working. I am getting several lines of errors. Can someone please assist me in resolving this. The errors are on the EURUSD chart. 2020.11.01 22:23:31.505 1970.01.01 00:00:00 Virtual Stops MT 4 inputs: ProfitType=0; Lot=0.1; Magic=113;
  Edit box on chart  (10)
Hi, I have created an indicator with displays and buttons that change variables, but now I want to create an edit button on the chart. I have managed to get the button on the chart, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the entry (number) to transfer to my variable. //=====================Input
Do you use the OrderClose() function to close buy stops and sell stops ?  if not is there another way or function to close buy stops and sell stops.
Like from one master account, be it real or demo. Trades to be duplicated to the subordinated accounts, but I am not looking to act as a signal provider . Alternatively, is there a way I can view different MT4 accounts at the same time? Thanks
Hello I want to know How can I get data from a time frame other than period setting in strategy tester (MT4),using the sample code below, I get zero results for op2 & EMA2 whenever I choose period setting other than M5 in strategy tester. any opinion on how can I fix it? void OnTick () { string
I'd like to add to the indexes of an array with a loop. I'm new to coding (not just mql4) so I'm not sure this is the best way to do this at all. What my goal is, is to use an array to look up a candle number. I'm counting every time the MACD line crosses over and counting those "events". I'm also
Why aren't the arrows being drawn/displayed on each candle's respective highs and/or lows
Hello I want to know how can I get data from other time frame that strategy tester period settings. for example this code get open and MA at current time frame and M5 and only return data for current time frame when period in strategy tester choose any time except M5 . void OnTick () { string
Hi! I'm trying to code an EA, just started a couple of days ago, and I am very new to the programming language so I'm semi-lost on pretty much everything. I'm currently trying to code a while loop that checks if the price of the market has passed the opening price of a previous (now open) BuyStop
Hello dear dev, I am creating EA that I want it to open different positions in different symbols but I don't want to be adding the EA to all the symbol charts I want it to open a position because it will be up to 20 symbols. Please how can I code it in a way I will just drag and drop the EA in
hi, can anybody tell me what's wrong with this code? only sell stop is opened void OnTick () { // if we have no open orders or positions if ( OrdersTotal ()== 0 ) // create a sell ticket int sellticket = OrderSend ( Symbol (), // currency pair OP_SELLSTOP
Hi, since the last terminal update to 890 I do have several problems. A serious one is that my tries to load the new-file of the week fails: #import "wininet.dll" int InternetOpenUrlW(int,string,string,uint,uint,uint); #import ... string strUrl = "http://www.forexfactory.com/ffcal_week_this.xml" ;
I found the indicator for other platforms this is the code: k=4 media1=WeightedAverage[k](Close) media2=WeightedAverage[k*3](Close) MOM=average[1](media1-media2)/(media1)*100 diffMOM=MOM-MOM[1] If MOM>MOM[1] then temp1=diffMOM else temp1=0 endif If MOM<MOM[1] then temp2=diffMOM else temp2=0 endif
  EA limit code  (20   1 2)
help me i need to limt my Ea to work under certain accounts that i choose. like i want to give it to my clients but they can only use it under one acc can you please help me with the code for that. also i want the EA to work for a period of time then expire .like a month or year i would really...
Hi! I'm writing an EA that trades based on every indicator, and I'm at the gator indicator now. I already have a strategy to use it in my code but first I need to know the color of both the upper and the lower line, because the strategy is based on that. I would like a code that stores in two
I'm just learning to code. I'm just trying to write a script right now. I want to draw a blue vertical line whenever the MACD line crosses up over the signal line and draw a red vertical line when it crosses down. It seemed to work except that it skips some of the crossovers. Plus there are some
I would like to create a variable that when it touches the moving average has the value of 1 and after it performs an operation it becomes 0 and only allows new operations when it is worth 1 (touches the average)
Hey guys, On www.metatrader.com website, when clicking on 'Download MetaTrader 4' button, It downloads a file called 'mt4setup.exe', But it actually installs MetaTrader 5 on your system. I didn't find any 'Contact Us' page on the website, So I'm posting here. The download link is-
Hi all, It appears as though if you have x amount of indicator buffers whose styles are to draw an arrow, when using the PROPERTY INDICATOR_COLOR<N> at the top of the program - but just making reference to buffers 3 and 4 let’s say - will not alter the style of those indicator buffers (when run in
hellow folks ...!! my EA is working super fine on two brokers that i do normally use for testing my systems...last week i decided to download another brokers platform because my those two brokers minimum trading volume is big and i wanted to try something different(i wanted to testing under low
Hi I'm looking for an indicator that calculate stop loss and take profit before opening position just like when we open a position and put tp and sl line and when we move that lines it shows loss or profit in points or dollar over line but i want do same thing before opening a position with
Hi, when I try to compile EA I get this error " Return value of 'OrderSend' needs to be checked". I am trying to create EA based on RSI of two currencies and based on that open trades.. How to resolve this error? Regards
I'm trying to make something that I don't know if it's even possible. Testers can't use MarketInfo() method, but I need to test all major and minor currency pairs. There is an obvious problem when counter currency and account currency aren't the same. I wanted to make a workaround and set different
Hi all, I've created several EA's based upon a strategy that works with almost all currency pairs by changing minor settings in the code. I'm looking to create a new strategy but my coding skills got his limitation and would need some help. What I would like to code is the following. When the price
Hi. A function in my EA function should return true when EMA 13 crosses the previous two candles. The idea is to see if the EMA value was between the candle's open and close price . It doesn't work. Here's an ASCII visual of the candles and EMA. ++ ++ ++ ++ ++ --------- ---++---++---
I can collect the offline status of a chart using: int offline= ChartGetInteger ( 0 , CHART_IS_OFFLINE ); Print (offline); If a chart is offline it is stored as a 1 if the offline box in the offline chart properties is unticked it is stored as 0. However is there a way to modify the offline variable
Hello! I am testing an ea on XAUUSD M5. I download the histoical data from QuantDataManager as always and I find this error I compared two datas: LEFT one: Metaquotes RIGHT one: Data from QuantDataManager It seems that the trade is opned 04:59 later. https://c.mql5.com/3/335/0111.JPG *I already