MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1470

[Deleted]
Is there an easy wayi to check to see if price bar is above upper bolliger band, and if the close price is above or below the band, and similar test for the lower band?
Why different the result of "open price only" and "every tick" at the Strategy tester ? At the Strategy tester, the result of back test is different at the following cases. "Every tick(the most precise method based on all available least timeframes to generate each tick "Open prices only(fastest...
This question was asked awhile ago and now I need the answer and can find neither the question nor the answer when I search the site. I have started a new demo account and I am thinking that horizontal is the default position for this broker but can't see any way of changing it. Anyone know how?...
[Deleted]
Hi all, i have tried do search in the forum a solution for my Problem: At the begin of my EA: /---- buy conditionsif(Ask > mybuyconditions) {ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,LotsLong(),Ask,Spread,Bid-(Ask-lowestof10bars),((BBupper-BBlower)/(Ask-lowestof10bars))*1000,"Einstieg 1",magic+1,0,Green);...
I finally found the root cause of problems in the tester (see my other post here). Steps to reproduce: 1) Stop MT4 2) Delete all files under MT4_HOME/history and MT4_HOME/tester/history 3) Start MT4 4) Go to history center and download EURUSD M1 data (when prompted say OK) 5) Now go to the tester,...
[Deleted]
hello fellow FAPers, I recently purchase fapturbo to use with metatrader4. After installing the software in demo mode, and after I thought I plugged in my access code, and after paying the additional charge for a fapsupport guy to help me set up my robots, I am still getting an error message in the...
We are glad to announce that on the 1st of February our company releases a new product — the TeamWox GroupWare. The development of this product has taken almost two years, and now all companies interested can purchase it. TeamWox is a web server application designedfor the organization of group...
this line: double ncoef1b = {ncoef1b0,ncoef1b1}; it is defined as an array earlier. gives tgis error: '}' - comma or semicolon expected C:\Program Files\MetaTrader – MB Trading\experts\indicators\Regression1.mq4 (40, 47) and the semicolon is setting right there! Why? The font in the help in the...
[Deleted]
How do you set the ExtDepth value on the zig zag indicator in mql4? I'm using this line of code, but I can't figure out how to set the ExtDepth. Thanks. ZigHigh=iCustom(NULL,5,"ZigZag",MODE_HIGH,k);
[Deleted]
This is my first attempt to write an indicator. The MQ4 posted below works except for a couple of problems. I have even gone so far as to read coderguru's tutorial and the MQL documentation and book, but cannot find the trouble. I need a pro! The problems are: 1. The filter parameters do not control
  metatrader bug?  (2)
I have an indicator which draws and deltes trendlines. When I physically grab the line with the mouse and tick hapens at the same time MT Terminal goes into freezing loop. It seems there is conflict between grabbing line with mouse and trying to delete the same line in the indicator code. Terminal...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I was wondering if any of you could be kind to a stranger with MQL4. I am sure this would take you just 5 minutes.Please help. The Percent Price Oscillator, PPO is calculated like this; =(FastEMA-SlowEMA)/SlowEMA I am used to the normal Price Oscillator, PO which has slightly different...
[Deleted]
I'm, trying to publish the statement through ftp and publisher option in Mt4 I always get this error, ftp: error STOR command failed I have tryed everything any help David
I have developed an EA that closes all open and pending trades when you move a text label in a chart. Visit http://www.forexbrace.com/content/view/203/52/ for more information and download your free copy. I have a question though. Is there a built-in method in MQL4 that could help us to go beyond...
[Deleted]
Has anyone used the iFractals function? I have been trying to find an example of how to use this function, noluck. I would appreciate it someone would point me to some doco on how to use thisfunction. Is it possible to use this function in an EA (Expert Advisor)?
[Deleted]
Guys, when Im running backtests for just a 4 month period, my memory usage of terminal.exe ticks up soooo fast that most of the time metatrader crashes when it reaches 950,000K of memory usage! I can watch it and see it goes up about 100K every second.... 1) What could be causing this if its my...
[Deleted]
Hello, My EA requires a custom indicator to be on the chart in order to use it. How can I backtest this EA without visual mode and that indicator not having a chart? Thanks,
In the world of daytrading stocks, most traders use overnight scanning software that tells them when a stock has met some conditions. As far as I can tell, there's nothing similar to this for Forex. Besides, there's no "overnight" in Forex, so a scanner would need to be constantly working. I've...
[Deleted]
My code works on a 5 decimal price broker, but not on a 4 decimal price broker... what should i be doing different in my code? Thanks!
[Deleted]
I am not an experienced programmer and looking for help here. In my expert advisor, I would like to pass a 2D array to a DLL function, modify the array and then send it back. Here is what I am doing: In the advisor --------------- #import "Arr.dll" void Arr(int n1, int n2, double x[][]); #import...
#import "sampledll.dll" //expertvoid test(double x[][]);double a[10][10];for(int =0;i<10;i++)   for(int k=0;k<10;k++)     a[i][k] = i*k;test(a); MT4_EXPFUNC void __stdcall test(double** a) //dll{     char   s[100];     sprintf(s,   "%f", a[0][0] ); MessageBox(NULL,s,"INFO",MB_OK); } but everytime it...
[Deleted]
Hi, Which broker's MT4 could allow to print correctly MarketInfo("Symb", MODE_ASK/_BID) and similars? It seems FXXD and Alpari platforms cannot.
[Deleted]
OrderSelect(16384, SELECT_BY_TICKET); if not, how do i find out the ticket number in mql4 code?
[Deleted]
How do you close out a portion of a trade, like closing .5 lots of 1 lot? Thanks
[Deleted]
When I run my expert advisor, it refuses to fetch data for previous months. E.g. I tell it to run EUR/GBP from Jan to March, but it only runs for march. How can I download the Jan to Feb data?
I'm getting this weird error occurring very frequently, when performing an OrderClose(). The close fails, with error code 145, ERR_TRADE_MODIFY_DENIED, which means "modification denied because order too close to market". But I'm not modifying an order, I'm just trying to close it! This is occurring...
i have an ea but it will not by or cell nor send an email can some one help me to see what the problem is
[Deleted]
Using the code below, having trouble with dates & any help appreciated. If I run the EA as is, then it displays Entry day as 1 (correct) Exit day as 335 (wrong). Using different strings for entry & exit dates gives various wrong answers, Using  EntryDate = "D'01.06.2009'"; ExitDate  = "D'02.06...
[Deleted]
Any help!? I am looking to suspend trade for say two hours once my orders are opened. I DO NOT want to stop the EA from working as I have a loop to close trades once profit target or max loss is reached. I know I can set a global variable in the ordersend function so that I can stop new orders from...
How can anybody claim that overoptimization is bad? It is simply impossible to cherry pick history data to look good. I mean, who is stupid enough to test their software on ONLY one set of data just to look good? I am sure, everybody is smart enough to test their software on multiple sets of data