FREE CODE: New bar scanner

In the world of daytrading stocks, most traders use overnight scanning software that tells them when a stock has met some conditions. As far as I can tell, there's nothing similar to this for Forex. Besides, there's no "overnight" in Forex, so a scanner would need to be constantly working. I've become obsessed with building a solid scanner. 

I've combined this with another previous post where someone was looking for an alert of when a new bar was created. I wrote that EA quickly but it was only for one timeframe and one symbol

So, below, I'm introducing the GoHan New Bar Scanner. It does the following:
  1. It scans ALL of the currency pairs that your trader can use. If your broker supports 10 pairs, then it will scan all ten pairs. Pretty cool, right? 
  2. It will constantly check for new bars. Some pairs form bars earlier than others, so it will output as soon as a new bar is formed on a particular chart and tell you which pair it is.
  3. All output is to the screen via the scrolling comments function I posted earlier. No annoying popups

TO USE:
1 - Download the EA for the period you're interested in
2 - Put it in your "Experts" folder
3 - Attach it to a chart. The chart MUST match the timeframe for the EA. If not, you will get an error and it will NOT scan
4 - The currency pair you add it to does not matter, it will scan all pairs in that timeframe that your broker supports

Enjoy!

LongToBeFree:
In the world of daytrading stocks, most traders use overnight scanning software that tells them when a stock has met some conditions. As far as I can tell, there's nothing similar to this for Forex. Besides, there's no "overnight" in Forex, so a scanner would need to be constantly working. I've become obsessed with building a solid scanner. 

I've combined this with another previous post where someone was looking for an alert of when a new bar was created. I wrote that EA quickly but it was only for one timeframe and one symbol

1. It scans ALL of the currency pairs that your trader can use. If your broker supports 10 pairs, then it will scan all ten pairs. Pretty cool, right? 
  2. It will constantly check for new bars. Some pairs form bars earlier than others, so it will output as soon as a new bar is formed on a particular chart and tell you which pair it is.
  3. All output is to the screen via the scrolling comments function I posted earlier. No annoying popups

TO USE:
3 - Attach it to a chart. The chart MUST match the timeframe for the EA. If not, you will get an error and it will NOT scan
4 - The currency pair you add it to does not matter, it will scan all pairs in that timeframe that your broker supports

Enjoy!

Attached is the H4 Version

LongToBeFree:

TO USE:

Enjoy!

Attached is the H1 Version

LongToBeFree:

Attached is the H1 Version

These don't appear to work. I tried H1 and D1 and got no results.

reganbw:

These don't appear to work. I tried H1 and D1 and got no results.

Thats because the market is currently closed :)

Try it in the tester. It will only scan one currency (the one you choose) but you get the idea

LongToBeFree:

Thats because the market is currently closed :)

Try it in the tester. It will only scan one currency (the one you choose) but you get the idea

I tried it in the tester. Same results - nothing.

reganbw:

I tried it in the tester. Same results - nothing.

Post a screen shot. It will be impossible to debug otherwise. Works fine on a variety of other MT installs though . . . 

Here's what I'm getting when I run this on the tester.

Hi "LongToBeFree".

I apologies for my english, but it's not my mother language.

I have the same problem of reganbw.

I tried H1, H4 and D1 and got no results.

I post the screen shot of one but the resul is the same for every three.

Can you help me?

Thank's

Reason: