MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1346

[Deleted]
I am completely new to automated trading, and am trying to learn the language. I want to write a program that enters a buy order when the price rises above a maving average, and then goes short when the price moves below the moving average. Does anyone know of any currently written programs, or...
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and have decided to learn how to write EA's. I was thinking of ordering some books on programming, and I was wondering what programming language it would be best to learn before starting on MQL4. Thanks in advance! :)
  Pip Hound  (1)
Hello Guys, I've got this wonderful unbelievable EA, starts work instantly with good results. It uses Stochastic cross, but the problem is its supposed to exit all other trades once stochastic crosses for a new trend. Can anyone here fix this
I noticed while working with long strings that long strings are ok but function StringSubstr(input,starpos) copies only first 4096 bytes of the input string. This bug could be fixed in the next build if they still make new builds in mql4.
I need help make a script for EA. I need to find the highest position and the lowest position among a groups of position. In this groups I have Buy Position and Buystop Position! Any body can help me? Thank you, Xdargon
[deleted]
  What happens here ?  (13   1 2)
OrderSelect(OrdersTotal()-1, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);// Does this point to the last placed (or 2nd last) active order, or to the first or what ?
Hi, attached is the indicator which showing in sub-window a current price, spread, distance from open, distance between high and low, daily average range; it's working correctly on all time-frames and currency pairs with exception of any "JPY" crosses - unfortunately So, I'm wondering if someone...
I recently tried to write small programs with some success. But, at time I get stumpted like as in this example. I am trying to better understand the iMA() function. 1- Why is it I can add + or - 10 without any errors when I comple it but they won't get displayed on the chart? ===>...
[Deleted]
I've got a system that I'm trying to program that uses the Gann Hi-Low indicator which repaints the current bar(bar[0])..Anyway, I've haven't been able to nail the crossovers because of the repaint. Instead I'm trying to put in a delay between trades so that if the bars are too close following the
[Deleted]
I only have one trade a time per symbol trading. I need to get the ticket number of that trade for an OrderClose based on a function. How do I get the ticket number of this order?
[Deleted]
I am fairly new at this and have a question about charts. I have poor eye sight and have a difficult time seeing the values located on the right side of the chart. How do I make them larger? Thank you
[source] http://www.forex-robot-world-cup.com.au [source] http://www.forex-robot-world-cup.com.au Results
hello guys, how can i load a set file while expert is running??
[Deleted]
Hello, I have a question on the historical data. Each time I am going to download historical data, a message notes: "You are going to download data from the 'MetaQuotes Software Corp.' history center". My question is, when I use different platform, do they all download data from the same...
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone. I have tried to modify the indicator presented in the book. All I want, is to show an arrow above every Monday, when used on the daily charts. A very simple code, but it will not indicate anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. #property...
[Deleted]
I grabbed CMO_v1 off the codebase (https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7885). It seems to have pretty good accuracy but I'm wondering if it repaints. Is there an easy way to determine if an indicator repaints?
[Deleted]
  So where is the price heading?  (69   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Thinking about things and watching my robot work, a sad thought occurred to me: it clearly doesn't have enough input data. Sometimes it reacts very late. Either it or I misinterpret something. And it seems to me that this "something" is the direction of price, the trend. The first question: how to
Where can I get this indicator "THE FIBONACCI VORTEX - ONLY FROM WAVE59" in MQL4 for free?
[Deleted]
Hoping someone can help me make this work. Basically its simply an Ea that uses the last defined point of a zigzag indicator to close and reverse orders. Thanks to any that can help
  datetime value  (4)
Hi, I want to write the actual data and the time extern int starthour = 8; extern int startminute = 0; in my variable datetime starttime= 0; How can I write this?
[Deleted]
Hi pro coders, anibody cud help me write a formula in meta stock to a .mq4 in meta trader? Mov(RSI(22),22,S) thanx all for ur help `
Hi There, I am wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction or could create a script that does the following for me? I trade using FXCM MT4 I would like to be able to place an order at the market or an entry order. 3 contracts at a time All contracts Stop Loss = -20 pips 1st Contract...
I wanna put magic number for buy order(include pending) and 1 for sell order. so with this ea on in a pair, all order i send will have the magic number (either buy or sell). example, *magic number 111111 for buy, 222222 for sell. *i on this ea at EU, i open a buy order at 1.4100, 4 buy stop at...
Hello everyone please help me by providing script for this !! Give the script or atleast give an idea on how to do it!! 5 minutes Buy: o- RSI over MACD & over RVI, RVI show Buy + AC & AO show buy. C- RSI under RVI signal, AO & AC show sell at close . C- RSI under MACD & AC show sell at close. OR O-
[Deleted]
I have an issue I do not understand. Is it possible, even conceivable that MY signal is upside down? I am new, and learning. I have experimented with three different EA/Robots (Fapturbo, Apocalypse and FX Forecaster). In addition I am reading, watching, and have placed several trades. ALL of my...
  coding help  (2)
where can i get help to code my system thanks
[Deleted]
I'm getting the 130 error on and off with the below code. I still can't wrap my head around the SL. My stoploss is based on high/low calculation at the time the order is placed, so I have to recalculate it by pulling up the order. My TakeProfit is 2 times my original Stoploss, hence TPMultiplier....
[Deleted]
This indicators alerts me and pops a message when: ..Classical Bullish Divergence ..Hidden Bullish Divergence ..Classical Bearish Divergence ..Hidden Bearish Divergence. Alerts are Perfectly fine but i just want it to email me also. Please I will be greatly appreciative. Thank you in Advance