pip install MetaTrader5

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement MetaTrader5 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for MetaTrader5

This is no longer working,

trading account:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement MetaTrader5 (from versions: none)

This is no longer working,

We cannot read your mind! We cannot see your computer!

If you want our help, don't make it difficult! This is not a guessing game!

Explain yourself properly and in a detailed manner! Supply technical details of your MetaTrader build, operating system, Python version, etc.

trading account:

I have never tried using python for MT5. But seeing these errors, I would doubt that you have MT5 installed.

This command installs the MetaTrader package for Python:

pip install MetaTrader5

Do you have MT5 installed? If yes, are you using the portable version of MT5?

Fernando Carreiro #:

We cannot read your mind! We cannot see your computer!

If you want our help, don't make it difficult! This is not a guessing game!

Explain yourself properly and in a detailed manner! Supply technical details of your MetaTrader build, operating system, Python version, etc.

Hi, thank you for responding

The problem is when I try installing MetaTrader5 Api Connector from PyPI using pip in the terminal,"pip install MetaTrader5" I get this error

it seems MetaTrader5 does not exist on PyPI anymore

Vladislav Boyko #:

I have never tried using python for MT5. But seeing these errors, I would doubt that you have MT5 installed.

This command installs the MetaTrader package for Python:

Do you have MT5 installed? If yes, are you using the portable version of MT5?

Hi, thank you for responding

The problem is when I try installing MetaTrader5 from PyPI using pip in the terminal,"pip install MetaTrader5" I get this error

it seems MetaTrader5 does not exist on PyPI anymore

George #: The problem is when I try installing MetaTrader5 Api Connector from PyPI using pip in the terminal,"pip install MetaTrader5" I get this error

I repeat ... "Supply technical details of your MetaTrader build, operating system, Python version, etc."

George #: it seems MetaTrader5 does not exist on PyPI anymore

Yes, it does ... https://pypi.org/project/MetaTrader5/

Fernando Carreiro #:

I repeat ... "Supply technical details of your MetaTrader build, operating system, Python version, etc."

Yes, it does ... https://pypi.org/project/MetaTrader5/

Thanks Fernando, can you try running the pip install MetaTrader5 in a virtual environment on your local machine?

George #: Thanks Fernando, can you try running the pip install MetaTrader5 in a virtual environment on your local machine?
Why should I do that when you refuse to answer about technical details of your own environment?

Fernando Carreiro #:
Why should I do that when you refuse to answer about technical details of your own environment?
(venv) Documents/[ pip install MetaTrader5 dev ] 5:56 PM

i am using a Windows VM for Development, Using the latest build as the MT5 is a fresh install

George #: i am using a Windows VM for Development, Using the latest build as the MT5 is a fresh install
I repeat once more ... "Supply technical details of your MetaTrader build, operating system, Python version, etc."

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTrader 5 API error

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.12.06 12:01

Please note that currently, the API Connector to MetaTrader 5 Terminal, only supports up to version 3.11 of Python, even though the current release of Python is 3.12.

Reason: